Sponsored

Can’t believe these 2 vehicles used to resemble each other.

Hobbes

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just don’t understand what Chevy was thinking with the Blazer. Why keep the name Blazer while morphing it into a purely on-road vehicle?

I’m biased but I think Ford won this round.
Ford Bronco Can’t believe these 2 vehicles used to resemble each other. E697A8D5-CF37-4BA8-A2B3-E2E79B7CA7C2

Ford Bronco Can’t believe these 2 vehicles used to resemble each other. EDACA8BF-253B-4B2E-967A-01415810A3BF
Sponsored

porjos

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yet another post lamenting the Blazer. The Blazer killed the Bronco when Ford switched from an off road biased vic to the "big bronco" IOT compete with the K5, which was also the shortest lived Blazer.

Ford and Chevy are not competing here. And Ford (or anyone) has yet to win against the reigning champion which is Jeep. Jeep has defended against the FJ40, the Landrover and Discover 90/110, the G1 Bronco (G2-G5 were noncompetes) and International Harvester. Suzuki does give them a run with their Jinmy when people want soml, but otherwise Jeep reigns Supreme.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hobbes

Hobbes

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yet another post lamenting the Blazer. The Blazer killed the Bronco when Ford switched from an off road biased vic to the "big bronco" IOT compete with the K5, which was also the shortest lived Blazer.

Ford and Chevy are not competing here. And Ford (or anyone) has yet to win against the reigning champion which is Jeep. Jeep has defended against the FJ40, the Landrover and Discover 90/110, the G1 Bronco (G2-G5 were noncompetes) and International Harvester. Suzuki does give them a run with their Jinmy when people want soml, but otherwise Jeep reigns Supreme.
I'm lamenting what Chevy did with the Blazer because the K5 and other full-size Blazers were awesome. Seems like they should have stopped producing a "Blazer", and given this new vehicle a different name.

Jeep is way ahead in numbers, I still see about 20 Wranglers on the road for every Bronco I see. But I think Ford is doing some serious catching up the past 6 months or so. The articles reporting sales numbers are not accurate of what is to come, because Bronco sales / volume have been tied down by production issues, but that seems to be improving a lot lately.

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm lamenting what Chevy did with the Blazer because the K5 and other full-size Blazers were awesome. Seems like they should have stopped producing a "Blazer", and given this new vehicle a different name.

Jeep is way ahead in numbers, I still see about 20 Wranglers on the road for every Bronco I see. But I think Ford is doing some serious catching up the past 6 months or so. The articles reporting sales numbers are not accurate of what is to come, because Bronco sales / volume have been tied down by production issues, but that seems to be improving a lot lately.

Then return to 1994 when the K5 was discontinued and the Tahoe introduced. Seriously it's been 29yrs since they stopped the K5 and they only made it 24yrs. The Blazer name has a strong connection to the S10 (29yrs production) or Trailblazer which has been in production since 98' than it does with the K5.

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

OJ killed the Bronco, not the Blazer…

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had seen some of the fan renders/concept art for a new boxy Blazer, and while I hate GM styling, it still looked good enough that it would definitely be desirable.

Companies just do stupid shit with their marketing, such as the Bronco Sport being released before the actual Bronco, confusing buyers and the whole market like crazy. There's not even really anything wrong with the Sport either, if you think it's cool, buy one. But man is the naming screwed up.
Same with the Mustang Mach-E, not bad and a nice Ev offering, but PLEASE call it something else.

Other notable naming missteps:
Mid 80's hatchback Chevy Nova
Early 2000's Pontiac GTO (and I loved these, something was just missing for them to bear that moniker)
Newish Dodge Dart (Fiat Viaggio)

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don’t understand how it is even possible that some executive at Chevy (with the authority to make these kinds of decisions) cannot see the huge success of the Bronco (and the Wrangler, for that matter) and not put it together that bringing back the K5 “just maybe” might be a money making idea.

Really??? I gotta spell this out for you?

Just my opinion but I’m sensing Chevy has sold their soul to the EV Gods and are now just too blind or too stubborn to see the demand for this.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I just don’t understand what Chevy was thinking with the Blazer. Why keep the name Blazer while morphing it into a purely on-road vehicle?

I’m biased but I think Ford won this round.
Ford Bronco Can’t believe these 2 vehicles used to resemble each other. 1673559379020

Ford Bronco Can’t believe these 2 vehicles used to resemble each other. 1673559379020
target audience (mall crawlers)