First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They mean if you click the button circled in yellow you get an onscreen prompt to choose the vents, then you use the lever circled in blue to adjust fan speed. All of which you probably already knew.

IMG_4086.jpeg
Adding a bit of extra context here. The Auto version uses a variable recovery speed based on the three LED's on the Auto Button. Push the button to change how fast or slow you want the cabin to meet the set point. One light is supposedly a slow fan and outputs to meet the desired temps. Mine seems just to Blow, but according to the manual, that's how it's supposed to work. I'm getting used to the crappy blend and assume it's going cold or hot trying to meet the set point.
Sponsored

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the auto system, you can turn the A/C button off, then turn the temp down to 'Lo' to get air with no heat added.

duel007

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4-door Bronco Badlands Lux Non-Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On my last long road trip, I noticed some really annoying behavior - I would just be cruising along with the climate control set, and the fan would spin up to the max speed blowing cold air - despite the setting be 2, 3, etc. The AC was already on but not set very low, only 70 or so. It would do this for a while and then slow back down to the previous fan speed.

I could interrupt it by turning the climate control on and off, or turning the fan all the way up and back down using the switch.

Doesn't usually happen on my commute but on longer trips it happens a lot.

Jkoren12345

Outer Banks
First Name
Jkor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've now had my OBX for roughly a year and a half and this vehicle has one of the oddest HVAC systems I've ever encountered. I'm very curious if it operates differently based on outside temp.
I keep my temp at about 70F almost year round. During the summer months, 70F blows cold air with A/C turned on. Once the outside temp dips below about 60F, the HVAC blows hot air at 70F internal even with the A/C turned on. During summer, recirculate stays on at all times. During winter, even with A/C turned on, recirculate turns off at about 60 seconds and needs to be turned back on if desired.

I've noticed other quirks as well. What in the world is going on with this crazy HVAC system?
I have an early 2022 OBX as well and one of my biggest complaints is the fact that the recirc button turns off after a minute or two once activated if the AC is not on. For me it stays active if the AC is on. The only work around to having the recirc stay on without running the AC is to have air directed to the windshield, the dash and the floor at the same time. But its actually running the AC without the AC button lit. I know that sounds nuts but the air that comes out is icy cold even tho the AC button is not lit. Its a weird quirk that makes me feel better that I'm not using the AC while having reticulated air (even tho the AC is running) lol. I'm in Cali and drive alot of freeways-when its not hot out l like the air blowing without freeway air coming in so the fact that the recirc only works with the AC running bugs me alot. I feel like Ford could easily fix that with an update but they'd probably break something else in the process...Anyways, thats my story and I'm stickin' to it...

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

On my last long road trip, I noticed some really annoying behavior - I would just be cruising along with the climate control set, and the fan would spin up to the max speed blowing cold air - despite the setting be 2, 3, etc. The AC was already on but not set very low, only 70 or so. It would do this for a while and then slow back down to the previous fan speed.

I could interrupt it by turning the climate control on and off, or turning the fan all the way up and back down using the switch.

Doesn't usually happen on my commute but on longer trips it happens a lot.
That’s the recirculation door opening. It makes it seem like the fan is speeding up, but in reality it’s just the fresh air being forced in blowing harder than with the door closed. It is pretty annoying.

Jkoren12345

Outer Banks
First Name
Jkor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have an early 2022 OBX as well and one of my biggest complaints is the fact that the recirc button turns off after a minute or two once activated if the AC is not on. For me it stays active if the AC is on. The only work around to having the recirc stay on without running the AC is to have air directed to the windshield, the dash and the floor at the same time. But its actually running the AC without the AC button lit. I know that sounds nuts but the air that comes out is icy cold even tho the AC button is not lit. Its a weird quirk that makes me feel better that I'm not using the AC while having recirculated air (even tho the AC is running) lol. I'm in Cali and drive alot of freeways-when its not hot out l like the air blowing without freeway air coming in so the fact that the recirc only works with the AC running bugs me alot. I feel like Ford could easily fix that with an update but they'd probably break something else in the process...Anyways, thats my story and I'm stickin' to it...

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've noticed that when I have a low temp set in warm weather, it blows cold air into the cabin without A/C on. But, its cold, not just ambient temp, and I'd swear it feels like air conditioning. Again, A/C isn't on, and I hate auto HVAC so that's not a factor.

How is the air that cold without the A/C being on? Are we sure there isn't some kind of mild or passive A/C when its fresh air that's on the low 60s or cold setting?

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine does exactly what I tell it to do, every time. And recirculate stays on . It even defaults to on when I turn on the A/C.

Then again, I have the standard interior not mid, high, or Lux. I've hated every automatic HVAC in every vehicle I have ever had to deal with.

Sponsored

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have no idea what you're saying

How do you turn-off the "desired temperature" ?

How do you select vents ?

Which switch is now manual control ?
I can’t tell if you’re serious.

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just set the Temperature I want. If I’m warm I adjust the temperature down a bit. If I’m cool I adjust it up a bit. I’m in the commercial HVAC controls industry and see no need to adjust the system manually.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have noticed that even fan level 1 is more than sufficient except when max cold or max hot is required. Anything above 1 is overkill at other times

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My favorite part is how you can't have floor vents only. Even if that's all you select, it still blows out of defrost as well. So we have incredibly week floor vents up front, essentially no vents in rear, and no way to run floor only to keep air out of my face.

Way to go Ford.
Sponsored