Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why cut them slack? How much of this could have been avoided if they had simply produced the real Bronco first and delayed the not really a Bronco bronco instead. And don’t get me started on how they wait to introduce the best color until after we have all ordered and not allow that until 22.
They officially introduced a new color?! For 2022?! You should definitely cancel then and re-reserve for 22 then....
Ford Bronco Can we cut Ford some slack? obama-wt
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What makes you think they know what’s going on either? You’ve seen all these sudden shortages, hell, we are supposed to have a gas shortage this summer. These are forces beyond their control.
True that. So then you say, we don't know either....

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m getting confused at all the anger and frustration with Fords communication. They are literally fighting against forces they can’t control(chips, hard top shortages, COVID) that directly affect their builds. Week by week some new challenge for them pops up, I can only imagine the chaos thats going on over at HQ. This forum has ultimately spoiled us because originally we all were prepared to get our build dates in MAY. We need to step back and take a deep breath, because Ford is truly trying their best, we are just spoiled rotten. With all that being said, I better get my VIN this week or I'm getting my pitchfork🤣.
COVID was happening before the big release in July. They also were already aware of possible hard top issues with Webasto, so those things are sort of on them for not setting realistic delivery dates. I just read an old article yesterday from last August that laughably said "when they arrive in showrooms next Spring". That would have indeed been nice.

In any case, I have a personal target for build and estimated delivery because I have a road trip I want to take later this summer in not my current vehicle. If Ford pulls it off for me, I get a Bronco and if not, I have something else picked out, and I'll be happy either way. No pitchfork needed! 😁

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm willing to cut them some slack. Some.

Ford is a business just like any other business. Every business deals with challenges and situations out of their control. All the time. It's the responsibility of every business to work through these challenges and provide their customers with quality goods and services in a timely manner.

Whether a problem is outside of your control is moot. It is still your problem and you have to deal with it.

The shareholders don't care if Ford's problems are outside of their control. They want profits. Customers for the most part don't care if Ford's problems are outside of their control. They want their vehicles.

I know that many here are diehard Bronco fans and will wait forever to get a Bronco. (I'm one of these.). But faithful customers are the minority. Most customers will eventually buy something else if Ford can't deliver.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

😢🤔👀😢😢😢😢😢

So this means we're not getting estimated build dates this week? Man.... Another balloon pops.

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm a Packer fan. Yes from Chicago. But take the Packer fan part into account as I explain the rest of this. Communication is everything. We will break down between arguably one of the best quarterbacks of all time, because there has been a failure to communicate. And yes Ford has all kinds of issues on their back and hanging over their heads oh, that prevent them from doing everything they want to do. But all they have to do is tell us what's going on. That's it. Most of us would at least understand. The trouble is they can't go on without saying anything. So we speculate.... And get disappointed.
As a Bronco fan, I just want to tell you, never change.

I promise we'll take good care of Aaron.

PleaseDontRoll

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been in the auto industry for a while and have spent a lot of time doing greenfield start ups and launching new product models and so feel qualified to comment on this situation.

The issues we are seeing are Fords fault but they are following the industry playbook.

Many of the issues they are running into are a result of poor strategic sourcing models that have focused primarily on low cost at the trade off of stability. It is a short term view of profits vs. the long term health of the brand.

I see the questions already: What do you mean?!

Hard Top shortages - This is what SQEs (Supplier Quality Engineers) exist to fix. When you have a parts shortage you have two levers you can pull, diversification of sourcing strategy or hostile take over (joking...mostly). I've had various companies move into my facilities to monitor our ramp and production and bring in additional subject matter experts when we hit road blocks. For the launch of the Trailhawk I had over 20 FCA engineers camping in my conference room for 6 months to help overcome production ramp issues. They will quite literally take over your operations to help remove roadblocks. If Ford was monitoring their suppliers correctly they should have seen these ramp issues 12-18 months out (capital tooling is never fast) and it should have made them very cautious in their forecasting. Maybe marketing ignored the operations team (shocking!) on volumes but that is still Fords fault. Ford SQEs are some of the worst (just send me an 8D!) and are not senior enough to make a difference, they'd routinly send people with less then 2 years out of college to follow up on major issues. Toyota/Honda/BMW were the opposite, I'd end up with a Sr Dir. standing in my office demanding answers and helping make meaningful change.

Chip Shortage - This actually started about 2.5 years ago, the whole world saw these issues coming well before COVID and no one wanted to pony up the capital to build more foundries. Everyone sat around waiting for someone else to make the investment instead of proactively managing the known shortage. Ford leadership chose not to take a proactive approach by investing in dedicated chip suppliers and played the short term over the long term card. It's now too late and everyone is like "How could we have known?!". We all knew (google Intel shortages starting Oct 2019 and the rise of TSMC).

I could go on, but in summary, this is a failure of sourcing strategy that has been going on in the industry for the last 20 years. Everyone is doing it but it doesn't make it right or healthy long term.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can cut them some slack for their supply chain problems. Like all big "manufacturers" they are more of a systems integrator these days than an actual builder.

I have a hard time cutting them any slack for the absolutely abominable communication on this roll-out though. Even the dealers don't have a clue what's going on.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep thy expectations low and you’ll never be disappointed.
My fiancé always gives me grief because I'm such a pessimistic person. However, when something goes better than expected, I'm pleasantly surprised! And then I feel great! :D

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's been a flustercuck with blame to spread around and some that couldn't be controlled. But in the end they're providing a product I want badly and I'll be over it quickly.
Sponsored