CCM

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
might have to if gas keeps going up. how much did u pay for motorcycle insurance?
Sorry just saw this now, on the Harley I pay 18 a month for full coverage and when I had the Grom it was 12 a month for full as well.
I'm 27 with a clean record, good credit score and live in a good area which helps the prices.
Sponsored

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

See, I’m facing this issue myself. Our house right now has my 2019 GTI, my GF’s Bronco Sport, and our BaseSquatch should be here 2-3 weeks. I’m trading in the GTI for the Bronco so I’m losing my quick handling fun car. GF has put it in my head we should lease a new GR86 or find a used FRS as a summer car for us to play around and modify.

I saved all my $ and bought myself a FRS in 2012, had that for 3 years, bought a 2016 STi because the FRS (even modded) wasn’t scratching the itch. From the STi I went Miata RF, which was a hoot (first convertible roof car). I sold the Miata due to crazy high used prices, picked up a 2002 WRX Wagon to wait for the Bronco and had the transmission fluid look like glitter when I changed it, so I dumped it ASAP. Found this 19 GTI Rabbit used on a dealer, and here we are.

My gf is 4’10” so our options of cars is limited by how her legs fit and if she can operate pedals confidently. The only two new cars we’ve found are the 86 twins and the Civic Type R. I wish more cars had the adjustable leg bolster for shorter seat cushions.

OP
OP
Bronccoli

Bronccoli

Big Bend
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Outlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
See, I’m facing this issue myself. Our house right now has my 2019 GTI, my GF’s Bronco Sport, and our BaseSquatch should be here 2-3 weeks. I’m trading in the GTI for the Bronco so I’m losing my quick handling fun car. GF has put it in my head we should lease a new GR86 or find a used FRS as a summer car for us to play around and modify.

I saved all my $ and bought myself a FRS in 2012, had that for 3 years, bought a 2016 STi because the FRS (even modded) wasn’t scratching the itch. From the STi I went Miata RF, which was a hoot (first convertible roof car). I sold the Miata due to crazy high used prices, picked up a 2002 WRX Wagon to wait for the Bronco and had the transmission fluid look like glitter when I changed it, so I dumped it ASAP. Found this 19 GTI Rabbit used on a dealer, and here we are.

My gf is 4’10” so our options of cars is limited by how her legs fit and if she can operate pedals confidently. The only two new cars we’ve found are the 86 twins and the Civic Type R. I wish more cars had the adjustable leg bolster for shorter seat cushions.
Not trying to add to the issue you're facing but seems you like hot hatches... Toyota just revealed their new GR corolla, 300hp AWD 6 speed manual 3 cylinder engine. Seems like the perfect recipe for what you're into. *cough cough focus RS

At the same time I'm trying not to get too caught up in the need of the latest expensive cars to be released as inflation/gas prices keep exploding and my salary has not increased with it. Just something I have in mind as I may just get a small motorcycle to fulfill the need for speed itch thing in lieu of a recession. (Im no financial expert but once we all run outa stimulus money I'm sure we will see a lot more broncos) Even picking up another NB Miata like I had in highschool would be perfect.

Let us know what happens in a few weeks! I think it would be a wise decision to at least try the bronco for a year.

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not trying to add to the issue you're facing but seems you like hot hatches... Toyota just revealed their new GR corolla, 300hp AWD 6 speed manual 3 cylinder engine. Seems like the perfect recipe for what you're into. *cough cough focus RS

At the same time I'm trying not to get too caught up in the need of the latest expensive cars to be released as inflation/gas prices keep exploding and my salary has not increased with it. Just something I have in mind as I may just get a small motorcycle to fulfill the need for speed itch thing in lieu of a recession. (Im no financial expert but once we all run outa stimulus money I'm sure we will see a lot more broncos) Even picking up another NB Miata like I had in highschool would be perfect.

Let us know what happens in a few weeks! I think it would be a wise decision to at least try the bronco for a year.
trust me, I’m well aware of the Corolla 🤣 I’m sure the markups on it will be ridiculous and push it into Golf R territory. But that will probably be one heck of a daily driver, especially in Ohio with the snow.
Before the Bronco idea was set in stone, I was shopping 5th Gen Supra’s / M340I / M2 comp / C7 Corvette. Bronco is a left field purchase for sure.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have been on the fence for the last month or so about cancelling my bronco order for a GR86...

A little background, Im in my late 20s very active outdoors type but always owned sports cars. My first car was a 2000 Mazda Miata. I currently drive a Mitsubishi crossover with AWD that does well in the snow and I've taken it off-road but I don't expect it to do anything serious. I would love to explore the local trails in Florida such as swamp areas and beaches.

With the delays and lack of communication we've been getting its difficult to stick out this wait especially without a VIN or any sign of a build date coming soon. Not to mention the latest communication from ford of shipping broncos out without chips.

My build is a Eruption Green 2 door Big bend with the 2.3L Manual transmission and rear locker and tan interior. Kinda like the old green Sahara jeeps. I ordered without a reservation on 1/3/22 and I know MANY have been waiting much much longer than me but Im debating if I should cancel my order and jump ship to a GR86. Not to mention this would also save me about 10 grand...

While they are very different, to me they both fall into the category of "toy" cars. Both with small backseats(I don't have many friends just a dog) and 2 doors. Though the bronco being much taller and can tow. Its also quite a bit thirstier.

Please let me know if you're thinking the same thing or what your thoughts are on switching up from the 2 door to the GR86/BRZ.

Thanks for reading!

IMG_0508.jpg

2022-toyota-gr-86-front-three-quarters-1617596343.jpg
Before you get a GR86, you MUST LOOK AT the Toyota GR Corolla that was announced yesterday. If you can wait until later this year, the GR with 300hp, 23 ft lb torque, 6sd manual, AWD and other tech will be WAY MORE FUN TO DRIVE for not much more $$.

I drove the GR86 in late 2013 (then the GT86) and thought it handled well, but lacked power and it didn't put much of a smile on my face. The next day I drove the Focus ST (252hp) and it blew me away relative to the GT86. Way faster, better handling and infinitely more fun! I bought the Focus St and only recently sold it (to fund my Bronco).

Sadly Ford doesn't offer the ST in the U.S. any more, but the GR Corolla looks to be an even better car that will be a blast to drive. The GR86 will be a boring snoozer by comparison. The GR Corolla looks much better too imo. You'll also get a lot more utility with a proper back seat and hatch. To state one more time, the GR Corolla will be 100 times more fun than the GR86!

FYI, I also owned a Miata for 3 years and a couple Porsche Boxsters. The Focus ST was similarly fun to drive, so I'm expecting great things from Toyota's newest creation.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronccoli

Bronccoli

Big Bend
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Outlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Before you get a GR86, you MUST LOOK AT the Toyota GR Corolla that was announced yesterday. If you can wait until later this year, the GR with 300hp, 23 ft lb torque, 6sd manual, AWD and other tech will be WAY MORE FUN TO DRIVE for not much more $$.

I drove the GR86 in late 2013 (then the GT86) and thought it handled well, but lacked power and it didn't put much of a smile on my face. The next day I drove the Focus ST (252hp) and it blew me away relative to the GT86. Way faster, better handling and infinitely more fun! I bought the Focus St and only recently sold it (to fund my Bronco).

Sadly Ford doesn't offer the ST in the U.S. any more, but the GR Corolla looks to be an even better car that will be a blast to drive. The GR86 will be a boring snoozer by comparison. The GR Corolla looks much better too imo. You'll also get a lot more utility with a proper back seat and hatch. To state one more time, the GR Corolla will be 100 times more fun than the GR86!

FYI, I also owned a Miata for 3 years and a couple Porsche Boxsters. The Focus ST was similarly fun to drive, so I'm expecting great things from Toyota's newest creation.
I can totally understand how you'd write off an 86 having owned an older one but the new one has something like 40 more hp and fixed the torque dip. I was never into the older ones myself for how slow they were. My favorite car to date was a 2000 Miata with 144 hp so I don't think power would be a problem for me.

If the GR corolla does in fact start at 30k I may look into it but Im not totally convinced if its my style as much as a bronco or GR86

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can totally understand how you'd write off an 86 having owned an older one but the new one has something like 40 more hp and fixed the torque dip. I was never into the older ones myself for how slow they were. My favorite car to date was a 2000 Miata with 144 hp so I don't think power would be a problem for me.

If the GR corolla does in fact start at 30k I may look into it but Im not totally convinced if its my style as much as a bronco or GR86
Nice to have options, but the GR corolla reminds me too much of our Kia Soul with fat lower tail/hatch/4-doors. Granted more power though. We've had lots of fun the past two years with our BRZ. Go with the GR86.

Ford Bronco Cancelling Order for a BRZ/GR86? 1651068735320

OP
OP
Bronccoli

Bronccoli

Big Bend
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Outlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nice to have options, but the GR corolla reminds me too much of our Kia Soul with fat lower tail/hatch/4-doors. Granted more power though. We've had lots of fun the past two years with our BRZ. Go with the GR86.

Ford Bronco Cancelling Order for a BRZ/GR86? 1651068735320
Rather than wait for the bronco?
I just got back from the offroadeo in moab and man lemme tell yah they are the greatest salesmen there 😭

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I bought a 13 Focus ST when all this stuff came out, yes the old BRZ/GT86 were snoozers. The new GR86 is quite the little car if into "touring" type stuff. Its not meant to be a 500hp car. The price point is the other thing. The upcoming GR Corolla is a piece of work for sure, but at different price points you start to get into more options. At least there are some great choices, it got dismal for a while on the stick front.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Rather than wait for the bronco?
I just got back from the offroadeo in moab and man lemme tell yah they are the greatest salesmen there 😭
No doubt. I had opportunity yesterday to attend a local Bronco test driving event, at an OHV park. I drove a 2-door manual, and it was very nice with the crawler gear and handling the terrain. As a long time fan and owner of open-top 4x4s (who uses them off-road), I think the new Bronco is fantastic. And the Ford event staff and guy explaining the features and capabilities was great. Sale ca-ching!

I wouldn't get one for exclusive pavement driving though, I think that's silly. I was happy after the off-road session, to hit pavement in my BRZ. Get the vehicle designed to excel on the given terrain and usage. Or try to swing both types of vehicle, if doing both types of driving.

Definitely hope to get a Bronco some day when finally available, but until then it's my current old 4x4s for off-road and utility stuff (strapping kayaks/lumber to top etc) ... and then ripping around corners on pavement with my BRZ. :)

I'm liking that new GR86. Also there is the upcoming Nissan Z. Although Nissan just pushed the Z release date back from Spring to Summer. Shades of Bronco "by September". :eek:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronccoli

Bronccoli

Big Bend
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Outlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No doubt. I had opportunity yesterday to attend a local Bronco test driving event, at an OHV park. I drove a 2-door manual, and it was very nice with the crawler gear and handling the terrain. As a long time fan and owner of open-top 4x4s (who uses them off-road), I think the new Bronco is fantastic. And the Ford event staff and guy explaining the features and capabilities was great. Sale ca-ching!

I wouldn't get one for exclusive pavement driving though, I think that's silly. I was happy after the off-road session, to hit pavement in my BRZ. Get the vehicle designed to excel on the given terrain and usage. Or try to swing both types of vehicle, if doing both types of driving.

Definitely hope to get a Bronco some day when finally available, but until then it's my current old 4x4s for off-road and utility stuff (strapping kayaks/lumber to top etc) ... and then ripping around corners on pavement with my BRZ. :)

I'm liking that new GR86. Also there is the upcoming Nissan Z. Although Nissan just pushed the Z release date back from Spring to Summer. Shades of Bronco "by September". :eek:
I think I'm going to stick it out on the Bronco wait. Maybe Ill trade in my crossover while its worth more than I paid for to get a wrangler in the meantime. I just need something to get on the trails with.

I know my partner would love a bronco so definitely dream garage could be Bronco/GR86 someday

OP
OP
Bronccoli

Bronccoli

Big Bend
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Outlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Using motorcycle to save on fuel costs is a false narrative. Tires alone skew the cost savings. Add in increased maintenance costs further skews the cost savings. And daily commuting on a motorcycle pretty much sucks if you are over 30 years old.
Im 26 and work from home but those are great points!

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't driven a gt86, but I do like them. I can speak on going from a sports car to the bronco though. For 3 years my only vehicle was my '18 mustang gt with the performance pack and magneride. I loved it, but sold it for the bronco and haven't looked back. Occasionally I do miss some back road ripping but the bronco is a lot more fun to drive on back roads than I expected it to be. For me, I prefer the bronco as my only vehicle. It has been a lot of fun.

OP
OP
Bronccoli

Bronccoli

Big Bend
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Outlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I figured I'd wrap up this thread because one big thing has changed,

I bought a Jeep Wrangler!
I haven't given up hope but I have come to grips with the fact that I won't see my bronco build for a long time so rather than wait and drive a crossover I Figured id drive the closest thing to a bronco. These things really aren't as bad a we make them out to be. Plus the V6 sounds awesome.

Its a 2019 Wrangler Sport S
and it came with a tow hitch and soft top! (I know those are hard to come by with bronco orders)
Ford Bronco Cancelling Order for a BRZ/GR86? IMG_1455 Small

Anyways I probably won't be posting here for awhile. At least not for a few years.

PEACE

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I figured I'd wrap up this thread because one big thing has changed,

I bought a Jeep Wrangler!
I haven't given up hope but I have come to grips with the fact that I won't see my bronco build for a long time so rather than wait and drive a crossover I Figured id drive the closest thing to a bronco. These things really aren't as bad a we make them out to be. Plus the V6 sounds awesome.

Its a 2019 Wrangler Sport S
and it came with a tow hitch and soft top! (I know those are hard to come by with bronco orders)
Ford Bronco Cancelling Order for a BRZ/GR86? IMG_1455 Small

Anyways I probably won't be posting here for awhile. At least not for a few years.

PEACE
Congrats on your wrangler looks Nice you can always stop bye to chat with the rest of us hood you enjoy your wrangler and have fun with it this summer
Sponsored