Sponsored

Capt. Obvious Transmission/Trim PSA: if considering a manual, try to find one you can test drive - even if used

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
BD was my original Intended choice for my '24 order, until I learned that you can't choose manual with the mid package in that trim for '24
You couldn’t in any model year. It’s the one major setback. It’s Ford’s way of getting people to level up - it works for most. But, I don’t mind the short comings - it’s a more simple vehicle. We have all the fancy features in our Ranger Lariat.
Sponsored

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We love our non SAS, three pedal Badlands. When ordered, it was the only way to get the big screen with a manual and lockers f&r. Been super happy with the decision, I think it may be the best trim to buy, even still after all the updates for 24.

20230629_135000.jpg

roboticsrob

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same here, got the 2 door 7mt BL non-SAS, high pack, which for me is the optimal price point for manual with all the cameras and heated seats, and avoid paying for the auto without getting one. Once you start to add lockers to any of the other trims, it just doesn't make sense to go any other way.

Ford Bronco Capt. Obvious Transmission/Trim PSA: if considering a manual, try to find one you can test drive - even if used 2023-11-21 13.45.12-1

gwp

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I placed an order for a 2-door manual Big Bend non-SAS at the end of October. The only 2-door models at dealers close by at the time were SAS. I test drove a 2-door BD automatic SAS at my local dealer more for fit (6'5") and driving position than anything else...and then placed my order.

As I am sure many others have done, I started second guessing my trim choice....looking for a personal unicorn of manual, 2-door, heated seats, upgraded lights, drain-plug floor and off-road capability to grow into as I have more time for off-roading as I head into retirement......meaning in my personal Calculus I should consider a Badlands.

Fast forward to this week - was able to test drive low mileage used 2023 2-door non-SAS BB and Badlands models within about an hour of each other at different dealers. Man did that help.....not only settling on Badlands and testing out the entry height between the 2 non-SAS models, but also loving the personality that comes out of this truck with the manual.

Order is now 2-door non-SAS manual Badlands :cool:
Welcome to the 6’5” drivers’ club with manual, 2 door, SAS Badlands. We’re the same height. Mine in the same spec is a 22. You’ll find it super comfortable for all day trips….

Here’s mine on the beach in Newfoundland.

Ford Bronco Capt. Obvious Transmission/Trim PSA: if considering a manual, try to find one you can test drive - even if used IMG_1553

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Black Diamond is now worthless.
Damn, I never gave that any thought before.... with the 2024 packaging and MGV across the board, you may be right.

Only thing that comes to mind might be the 4.46 gearing IF one is going with the auto trans.
I haven't really dug into the 24 standards/options all that well.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Y’all making me a bit jealous 😆

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same here, got the 2 door 7mt BL non-SAS, high pack, which for me is the optimal price point for manual with all the cameras and heated seats, and avoid paying for the auto without getting one. Once you start to add lockers to any of the other trims, it just doesn't make sense to go any other way.
If you need a front locker it is cheaper to go BD and swap the FD out.

Sponsored

RallyGorgo

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I need to send out a HUGE Thank You! to whoever ordered the ‘23 non-Squatch 2dr manual A51 BL on Cape Cod with the mod bumper (only option, perfect!!) and bailed out on it!!! I bought it after a very short test-drive back in August while on vacation there.
Ford Bronco Capt. Obvious Transmission/Trim PSA: if considering a manual, try to find one you can test drive - even if used IMG_5784

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My order ended up as a Badlands because I wanted the marine grade vinyl interior, manual transmission and mid package. I ended up changing from a two door to a four door, hoping for a faster build, with no regrets. I like the storage space, have slept in the back a couple of times, and love being able to throw the top back on a nice day.
Still love the manual, 26 k miles and one year later.

Eliminator

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Only thing that comes to mind might be the 4.46 gearing IF one is going with the auto trans.
I haven't really dug into the 24 standards/options all that well.
Taking into account my needs, requirements, and possible future mods (larger tires), this is exactly why I chose the BD trim 2.3L with an auto. Opting for the auto gets you 4.46 gears AND a rear locker. On the BB trim with auto, one must choose between 4.46 gears with an open rear OR 4.27 gears with a locker. For me, the BD with auto IS the sweet spot in the entire lineup.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Taking into account my needs, requirements, and possible future mods (larger tires), this is exactly why I chose the BD trim 2.3L with an auto. Opting for the auto gets you 4.46 gears AND a rear locker. On the BB trim with auto, one must choose between 4.46 gears with an open rear OR 4.27 gears with a locker. For me, the BD with auto IS the sweet spot in the entire lineup.
Yeah, I kicked around between a Blk Diamond and Badlands for quite a bit. So many different builds on B&P , I may be the guy that kept causing it to glitch! LOL

In the end, actually had a BD Squatch MIC on order until Ford did their scare tactics for us Granger order holders, and I bit .... I didn't take the rebate though.
Dropped the MIC and "Squatch" but jumped into a Badlands softy. The jump into a different model cost me the rebate.
I still ended up approx $10k under the MSRP printed on the sticker.

No regerts, not really.
There's some give and take.
I wanted the MIC, but have come to really enjoy dropping the top far more often with the softy than I ever do with the MIC.
So incredibly convenient.
I may sing a different tune when it gets REALLY cold later this winter, but I hear they work OK through it all.
Should have ordered the dual tops!! LOL

Manual .... more give and take ....dropped the 7spd in order to have remote start on this one.
I love the manual in my 2dr though.
Sponsored