First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For some reason I have had a change of heart and feel like the OBX with High pkg & leather seats I ordered is a bit overboard and I could probably be fine with the Big Bend with Mid pkg. I have a couple questions:

-Have any of you switched from High to Mid and have no regrets? The main things I liked about the High was the 12 inch screen and the overhead view camera. Will I actually miss those things?

-With moving down into the lower trim with lower accessory package, is there a possibility of seeing my bronco sooner than if I stuck with the fully loaded OBX?

-Ive never had cloth seats before- Any feedback on the broncos cloth seats?

Thank you to all who weigh in on this. Im thinking the money saved may be worth it while still getting all the standard modern features one would expect in 2022

To me the off colored interior of the OBX is worth the change to the BB. This isn’t really a luxury vehicle so why feel bad about simplicity? It’s the same machine.
Sponsored

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2024 Rivian R1S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought a Big Bend off the lot. I shared a couple of the concerns you have. I’ve owned for 2 weeks, here are my take on the concerns.

Camera
We have a 360 camera in our BMW and I love it. I do miss it in the Bronco but if you’ve never had it before then I think you won’t even think about it.

Cloth seats
I haven’t had cloth seats for a decade. I personally like the cloth. You can feel the heated seat better than leather and if you have the top off you save the leg burns in the summer time. Only bummer is my kids are messy. I’m just accepting I’ll get them dirty and will need to clean them frequently. We got scotchguard protection from the dealer and had our first mess (melted chocolate chip from a cookie). Seat cleaned up great and my anxiety about the seats has decreased.

Screen
That 12” screen is freaking amazing. But 8” is great too and pretty much the size you’d expect to see on most vehicles. It’s kinda like the camera
if you’ve never had a 12” screen then once you have your Bronco you won’t even care.

Big bends are the most common Broncos on the lots. If you want to skip the wait and get your Bronco now, I bet you’d be able to find a Big Bend on the lot. I did, paid a 4K ADM and am super happy.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why not just use Husky XAct Contours that cover 99.9 of your carpet ? Why the need to “spray” out?
I have full covers there’s still carpet that holds moisture. I plan on being topless and doorless as much as possible. I may even pull the carpet just to see what it looks like under there. If there are not a ton of wires the thought of putting the drains in and line x the floor has crossed my mind. But if there are wires and cables that look like trash it would be worth it. So far it looks like they run all wires down the outside sill plates.

OP
OP
Laurensimms7

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I bought a Big Bend off the lot. I shared a couple of the concerns you have. I’ve owned for 2 weeks, here are my take on the concerns.

Camera
We have a 360 camera in our BMW and I love it. I do miss it in the Bronco but if you’ve never had it before then I think you won’t even think about it.

Cloth seats
I haven’t had cloth seats for a decade. I personally like the cloth. You can feel the heated seat better than leather and if you have the top off you save the leg burns in the summer time. Only bummer is my kids are messy. I’m just accepting I’ll get them dirty and will need to clean them frequently. We got scotchguard protection from the dealer and had our first mess (melted chocolate chip from a cookie). Seat cleaned up great and my anxiety about the seats has decreased.

Screen
That 12” screen is freaking amazing. But 8” is great too and pretty much the size you’d expect to see on most vehicles. It’s kinda like the camera
if you’ve never had a 12” screen then once you have your Bronco you won’t even care.

Big bends are the most common Broncos on the lots. If you want to skip the wait and get your Bronco now, I bet you’d be able to find a Big Bend on the lot. I did, paid a 4K ADM and am super happy.
Thank you for going the extra mile with this answer.
I dont currently have the 360 camera, and I have an 8 inch screen now. I dont think ill be missing much without the high package because I dont have anything in my current vehicle that ill be missing in the mid package. The 12 inch screen really is awesome though- its hard not to grasp onto that lol

zebraquick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kia Forte
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Changed from a high Badlands to a mid Black Diamond and I am
Happy and not missing a thing.

Sponsored

Lt. Ron

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco 1986 flareside, 2015 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
IF you already have a VIN, you can't change anyway

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The most important things for me were I wanted:

Cloth seats,
Manual Transmission.

I refuse to put up with hot MGV or Leather seats in the middle of the Sonora Desert. Being in a place that probably doesn't see 120 degrees in the shade YMMV.

Wife's F-150 has the 8" screen. I hate it. It's huge.

Even losing Mid-year Price protection, you'd save a lot of money with a BB and Mid. I don't think it would really affect delivery though. I remain convinced the #1 constraint is the 2-door, #2 is the MIC, and #3 it Tow.

Add: use the money saved to add something useful like a rear locker if you don't already have that.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For some reason, I remember reading on a thread here that there is no price protection currently for those that ordered in my time frame (Feb 2022), and that if we get moved to 23MY we are paying 23MY pricing- is that not the case?
if you placed a order in Feb of 2022 I would not worry about changing it because you most likely well need to reorder for 2023 and you can change then .

grmmylpa

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 F150, 2020 Ranger Crew Cab,
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I did exactly what you are considering. I originally reserved an OBX. When I ordered, I went with the BB. I saved about $5000 and still got a very well equipped SUV. I've always driven F-150s and Rangers and I think of the Big Bend as the equivalent to the XLT trim on those.

I traded a 2020 Ranger Lariat on the Bronco so I wasn't sure how the BB trim would feel after having the Ranger with all of the bells and whistles. I can say, I don't miss any of the things I lost in moving to the Bronco BB. In fact, other than the leather, I really didn't lose that much! I've had mine now for about 6 months and am very happy with my decision. I went with the mid-package to get the heated seats, remote start, BLIS, etc. Honestly, I think that the BB with mid-package is a great value. My 2 dr was $38,500. I added step rails, and the 10 spd auto and I'm very happy with the vehicle.

The one thing I think I would like on the BB that is in the OBX is the additional sound deadening (although I have never ridden in an OBX so I don't know how much quieter it makes the interior.) but I bought some sound deadening mat on Amazon for about $65 and put it on the floor under the driver's, passenger's and rear areas and it seems to do the trick. It's my daily driver, so I like it to be a bit quieter than it was.

The 8 inch screen is fine for my needs. It does everything I need it to do and will most likely meet your needs also.

Cloth seats are comfortable and look nice. I went with the sandstone/black seats. I treat any cloth seating in a car with Scotchgard. You can do it yourself and only cost $10 or less.

Like you, I also kind of preferred the black flares and trim over the color keyed ones. Don't get me wrong, the OBX color keyed stuff looks nice, I just prefer the contrast with the black on these things.

Also, like you, I didn't like the OBX wheels and knew I'd have to replace them right away with something else. The BB wheels are nice enough. I wish Ford had offered some optional wheels without having to upgrade to the Sasquatch package, but I'm fine with these wheels for now. I did buy a set of Base wheels for about $200. I might have them painted black like the Black Diamond wheels if I want to make a change, but for now I'm happy with the BB wheels.

So, I don't think you can go wrong with ordering the BB over the OBX. You definitely lose a few creature comforts, but you'll be extremely comfortable with the BB equipment and with the money you save you could always upgrade the interior to leather from the aftermarket if you really miss it and still be a few thousand ahead of the game.

Last edited:

Sponsored

10K_Vet

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm glad I did. :cool:
Ford Bronco Changing order from OBX to Big Bend 1652090843346

foramerica

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For some reason I have had a change of heart and feel like the OBX with High pkg & leather seats I ordered is a bit overboard and I could probably be fine with the Big Bend with Mid pkg. I have a couple questions:

-Have any of you switched from High to Mid and have no regrets? The main things I liked about the High was the 12 inch screen and the overhead view camera. Will I actually miss those things?

-With moving down into the lower trim with lower accessory package, is there a possibility of seeing my bronco sooner than if I stuck with the fully loaded OBX?

-Ive never had cloth seats before- Any feedback on the broncos cloth seats?

Thank you to all who weigh in on this. Im thinking the money saved may be worth it while still getting all the standard modern features one would expect in 2022

I ordered a Big Ben with the mid-package on 1/20/21 and I have been waiting 16 months for my Bronco to show up. I don't even have a production date. I am not sure switching will speed up your order.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I love the cloth seats in my base. No issues on a 11hr drive
I second this. I love my base- the cloth seats, carpet, interior and even the smaller screen. I am very happy with the base so Big Bend will be even better with the larger screen.

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I went with big bend mid pack squatched over obx..
A. Big bend has best grille
B.didnt want the mgv or leather..burn your ass here in the south and plus I found the color scheme to be ugly. The cloth is very nice and comfortable. I sat in a friend's mgv seat and I found it rather cheap..wondering how it will hold up to dogs!
C.didnt really bother me to have carpet..adding weather tech mats..and I don't plan on submerging the bronco in 3 to 4 feet of water. My wife had a Honda element with washout floors and I didn't care for it.
D. As for 12 inch screen ..can't help you there ..I'm sure it's awesome but 8 has been just fine..I have the 360 cameras on my f150 ...its pretty cool bit don't really miss it in the bronco but would be kind if nice to have on trail
E. However price protection is gonna get you so good luck with your choice..
You won't be disappointed either way

OP
OP
Laurensimms7

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In order to keep price protection and keep extra comforts like the 360 degree camera and large screen, Im thinking just dropping the leather ($2100) and going with the cloth may be a good choice. I don't need to be saving money on the vehicle, i could keep it as is, but I started feeling guilt like I ordered overboard. Ive never purchased a new vehicle so Im feeling the need to be very intentional with what I add on. When I ordered, I was sure leather was the way to go, because I have always had leather. But as it gets warmer here in VA, I find myself wishing my leather wasn't burning/sticking to my legs. And its extra cold in the winter. So cloth may actually be a better choice. I can always put seat covers on the back seats when we have kids.
Sponsored