First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For some reason I have had a change of heart and feel like the OBX with High pkg & leather seats I ordered is a bit overboard and I could probably be fine with the Big Bend with Mid pkg. I have a couple questions:

-Have any of you switched from High to Mid and have no regrets? The main things I liked about the High was the 12 inch screen and the overhead view camera. Will I actually miss those things?

-With moving down into the lower trim with lower accessory package, is there a possibility of seeing my bronco sooner than if I stuck with the fully loaded OBX?

-Ive never had cloth seats before- Any feedback on the broncos cloth seats?

Thank you to all who weigh in on this. Im thinking the money saved may be worth it while still getting all the standard modern features one would expect in 2022…
Sponsored

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Following... I might be in a similar situation.

Especially going with MGV or Katskinz later...

I have same OBX SAS and High package on order since late January/February.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Get what you want, I have nothing further to add about that. BUT, I will add that there is new criteria concerning order changes between trim/model levels that can impact your pricing and price protection. I don't have the specifics off-hand as it didn't impact me but, I know for a fact they can be searched for on this forum. Just wanted to put that out there in case it impacts your choice. At a minimum, you must be aware of the potential of this before doing anything in WBDO that could impact your financial outlay to facilitate this change.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For some reason I have had a change of heart and feel like the OBX with High pkg & leather seats I ordered is a bit overboard and I could probably be fine with the Big Bend with Mid pkg. I have a couple questions:

-Have any of you switched from High to Mid and have no regrets? The main things I liked about the High was the 12 inch screen and the overhead view camera. Will I actually miss those things?

-With moving down into the lower trim with lower accessory package, is there a possibility of seeing my bronco sooner than if I stuck with the fully loaded OBX?

-Ive never had cloth seats before- Any feedback on the broncos cloth seats?

Thank you to all who weigh in on this. Im thinking the money saved may be worth it while still getting all the standard modern features one would expect in 2022…
I would stay with the OBX with standard mid package. Quite a few upgrades from a BB as standard, especially if you will be driving daily. I personally prefer the color keyed mirrors, handles and flares, comes with tube steps, and several other safety features like BLIS

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Get what you want, I have nothing further to add about that. BUT, I will add that there is new criteria concerning order changes between trim/model levels that can impact your pricing and price protection. I don't have the specifics off-hand as it didn't impact me but, I know for a fact they can be searched for on this forum. Just wanted to put that out there in case it impacts your choice. At a minimum, you must be aware of the potential of this before doing anything in WBDO that could impact your financial outlay to facilitate this change.
Agree if you change after 3-7-22 you will no longer be price protected and be charged the MY22.5 increased price

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Boils down to what is most valuable to you. I wanted the MGV interior but I wanted the High package at a minimum. This alone eliminated the BD. The OBX had lousy interior choices “ to me”, and it had to come with Sasquatch in order to loose the standard appearance. BL provided me with MGV and the ability to go with a better package, while not forcing me to go Sasquatch. I used the savings to go lux.

Max1h

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-150, 1968 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When i called my dealer. If you have the price protection early res date.

"Per Ford:
Changing your series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system after
March 11, 2022 will cause your order to update with new mid-year price levels."

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can drop the leather and save a few $$ of the price is an issue. I like the color matched exterior only with the OBX were available with wash or flooring. For that matter out should be an option across the board. You can get a king ranch superduty with carpet delete. Why not the bronco?

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Boils down to what is most valuable to you. I wanted the MGV interior but I wanted the High package at a minimum. This alone eliminated the BD. The OBX had lousy interior choices “ to me”, and it had to come with Sasquatch in order to loose the standard appearance. BL provided me with MGV and the ability to go with a better package, while not forcing me to go Sasquatch. I used the savings to go lux.
And I thought the OBX had the MOST interior choices. Interesting how others see things.

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can drop the leather and save a few $$ of the price is an issue. I like the color matched exterior only with the OBX were available with wash or flooring. For that matter out should be an option across the board. You can get a king ranch superduty with carpet delete. Why not the bronco?
One could always change it out. Couldn’t be too hard

OP
OP
Laurensimms7

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agree if you change after 3-7-22 you will no longer be price protected and be charged the MY22.5 increased price
For some reason, I remember reading on a thread here that there is no price protection currently for those that ordered in my time frame (Feb 2022), and that if we get moved to 23MY we are paying 23MY pricing- is that not the case?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

BD was the best fit for my use but I wanted to not have MGV and rubber floor, so I went BB and am building it up. Also like the BB grille, cloth and wheels the best.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
After seeing several Broncos with Katskinz leather, I dropped the factory leather for my 7/20/20 reservation that I don’t yet have a VIN for.

As others have already said, if you change your order from OBX to Big Bend, it could push you to 22.5 pricing.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For some reason, I remember reading on a thread here that there is no price protection currently for those that ordered in my time frame (Feb 2022), and that if we get moved to 23MY we are paying 23MY pricing- is that not the case?
I ordered December 2021. I signed paperwork yesterday and my dealer said I was price protected and sold me the Bronco at the December MSRP which was $1350 less than the Window Sticker I got a few weeks back. Expecting delivery in the next 10 days. I did the paperwork ahead of delivery to lock in rate. This aligns with what I read that Ford posted. Ford also said if you make a change post 3-7 you will be charged the 22.5 price
Sponsored