First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bass is still an issue. Just want to be clear on that.
many sites for upgrades
i used mti tail gate sub enclosure withy 10" kicker for "naked" driving sound needs
Sponsored

TerryB

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Badlands Sasquatch, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would this setup improve the B&O system?

OP
OP
Anvilair1973

Anvilair1973

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 door and 1994 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would be inclined to say yes. There is another thread hear that clearly shows the B&O speakers are cheaply made one way speakers. The Polks are 2 way and at the mids and highs are VERY clean.

RowsKing

Raptor
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BRaptor, 66 Stang
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yea it will. Just a simple speaker swap on the B&O makes a much improved sound experience. I used Hertz speakers for their high sensitivity.

MPN22BroncoOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Mikhail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thought I’d drop this here since I’m an audiophile & musician with very expensive home equipment but since I drive my Bronco mostly open air I wanted a cheap but effective way to upgrade the sound system without breaking the bank. I was looking for clean highs and mids since I listen to mostly jazz and folk. I went with Polk Audio 2 way marine grade speakers (attached link) and replaced the 2 dash speakers and the / rear pods. I also bought the Metra wiring harnesses. This swap took about 35 minutes on my lunch break (I work from
Home) and made an enormous difference. Bass is still a bit lacking but if you are on a budget and looking for cleaner vocals, highs and mids even with the top off I can’t recommend this swap enough!!! Classic rock, jazz, folk, oldies and most ambient music sounds literally 1000 times better than the factory speakers. My .02 on a cheap upgrade

https://a.co/d/hiuU2a5
Did you originally have the base system or B&O?

Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm very interested in doing this upgrade, always been a fan of polk products. When you say replaced the pods, did you replace the enclousers or just the speaker?

OP
OP
Anvilair1973

Anvilair1973

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 door and 1994 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm very interested in doing this upgrade, always been a fan of polk products. When you say replaced the pods, did you replace the enclousers or just the speaker?
Just the 4" speaker. I may replace the pods in the future to accommodate a bigger 6.5" speaker but for now I was on a budget. Got a huge cruise to go on in May with the bride.... I know, 1st world problems LOL!

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just the 4" speaker. I may replace the pods in the future to accommodate a bigger 6.5" speaker but for now I was on a budget. Got a huge cruise to go on in May with the bride.... I know, 1st world problems LOL!
I already made the purchase! Thanks! I'm not into extream volume and I don't like "boom car" bass, this sounds like just the ticket.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If you are looking to improve the B&O there are several different flavors of speakers already in use by many (just do a quick search - they are just about all covered in 1 thread)- with stock B&O amp - and Sub/Amp upgrade. I can tell you without question (if you DIY the install) can spend around $1k and get an awesome sound system. I have infinity Reference 407fs in the 5 locations (dash and rear pods), Memphis MJP6 in in the kick panels and a Kicker Comp R 8" (dual voice coil 4 ohm) sub with a kicker key 500.1 amp. I am so much happier with this sound as the B&O was terribly disappointing. Used all the metra harnesses for wiring and speaker adapters for the Memphis. Sub and Key amp use the high level inputs from the rear and then 12ga to the sub wired in parallel.
Ford Bronco Cheap Fast & Easy Upgrade : POLK AUDIO DB402 DB+ Series 4" Coaxial Speakers PXL_20240316_005305105
Ford Bronco Cheap Fast & Easy Upgrade : POLK AUDIO DB402 DB+ Series 4" Coaxial Speakers PXL_20240316_002009675
Ford Bronco Cheap Fast & Easy Upgrade : POLK AUDIO DB402 DB+ Series 4" Coaxial Speakers PXL_20240316_001957488
Ford Bronco Cheap Fast & Easy Upgrade : POLK AUDIO DB402 DB+ Series 4" Coaxial Speakers PXL_20240309_024739671
Ford Bronco Cheap Fast & Easy Upgrade : POLK AUDIO DB402 DB+ Series 4" Coaxial Speakers PXL_20240309_022545623
Ford Bronco Cheap Fast & Easy Upgrade : POLK AUDIO DB402 DB+ Series 4" Coaxial Speakers PXL_20240309_151452381
Ford Bronco Cheap Fast & Easy Upgrade : POLK AUDIO DB402 DB+ Series 4" Coaxial Speakers PXL_20240311_011040910

Sponsored

TerryB

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Badlands Sasquatch, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the info. Looks like a great setup. I have partial hearing loss and tinnitus from flying helicopters in the army so i doubt i could fully appreciate a build like that. Just looking for some improvement and a little more volume for when i off-road.

Bronco_MI

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco, 2016 Ram, 1991 Sierra, 1969 Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The upper dash and rear pods are indeed the same. The kick panel near the doors is a bigger speaker, I forget which size but easily looked up on crutchfield.com
and I may swap those as well after just the great results I’m enjoying from just replacing the four 4” speakers
Wow, that's amazing! I will defo look into this upgrade. Thanks for the heads up!

TailChaser

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OB Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All I know is I expected WAY more from this “nice” stereo system in luxe package. I hear the woofer every now and then a little bit. I’ll take my stock f250 with a small powered aftermarket sub in the back of the club cab, 5x better than whatever that was in the bronco. Luckily I don’t drive it much.

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thought I’d drop this here since I’m an audiophile & musician with very expensive home equipment but since I drive my Bronco mostly open air I wanted a cheap but effective way to upgrade the sound system without breaking the bank. I was looking for clean highs and mids since I listen to mostly jazz and folk. I went with Polk Audio 2 way marine grade speakers (attached link) and replaced the 2 dash speakers and the / rear pods.

I also bought the Metra wiring harnesses. This swap took about 35 minutes on my lunch break (I work fromHome) and made an enormous difference. Bass is still a bit lacking but if you are on a budget and looking for cleaner vocals, highs and mids even with the top off I can’t recommend this swap enough!!! Classic rock, jazz, folk, oldies and most ambient music sounds literally 1000 times better than the factory speakers. My .02 on a cheap upgrade

https://a.co/d/hiuU2a5
Running the same, albeit with bass blockers. I'll add an amp someday but my truck budget for this year went to shocks, tires and a mobile GMRS radio.

What swayed me on these were, as you stated, that they are marine rated. If you take your top off you fall into one of two camps: Those that have been caught in the rain and those that will be. And those in the former camp will be caught in the rain again. Electronics don't go in mine in any location that will be exposed to the rain unless properly rated. (My sub is a bit iffy, but Kicker claims it is "weatherproof".)

Johnsolo_02

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just ordered two sets. Will see how this upgrade goes maybe this weekend…
Sponsored