Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I love my Bronco, I don't care what anyone else thinks! :)
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m cool with the plastic but it should not break within three months.
It shouldn’t, but parts for mass produced cars from pedestrian brands are cheap and they fail, but they’re cheap to replace.

the big issue here, as many have pointed out, is paying $70K for a damn Bronco not called Braptor. I would NEVER had paid that much for this thing.

I love it, but the $58K I did pay was a stretch, although it’s loaded. Nothing has broken, but not for a lack of trying since I stay offroad.

You do get more value from a Bronco the more you off-road it, so for me, money well spent.

Kevin Scarbel

Everglades
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Everglades 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Well, I open the door with my usual grin. Happy to be driving my bronco again and look down and on the carpet mat there it was.

I tried to place it back in, but noticed that the tiny little tabs that hold her in are broken.

glad I caught it before the wife did.
You have a legitimate gripe and I agree with you. So do the auto journalists.
The level of materials is below what one might expect for a $60k vehicle.
Farley himself (I know him) has been frustrated by the volume of warranty repairs owing to substandard design and parts quality (Maverick is a nightmare) that is eating deep into Ford's bottom line.

Last edited:

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You have a legitimate gripe and I agree with you. So so the auto journalists.
The level of materials is below what one might expect for a $60k vehicle.
Farley himself (I know him) has been frustrated by the volume of warranty repairs owing to substandard design and parts quality (Maverick is a nightmare) that is eating deep into Ford's bottom line.
What is wrong with the Maverick? I've haven't heard anything outside of the fuel tank recall.

Remember the Maverick is supposed to be cheap and shares its parts bin with other C platfform products like the Escape and Bronco Sport

Its also been proven ad infimum that North American customers don't' really care about interiors (to a certain point) vs other markets, outside of spats on the internet...its really over sold. People bitch about the new Explorer interior but it never held back its sales either.

Sponsored

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When I heard Ford was reintroducing Bronco, I was thrilled. A capable off-roader based on sturdy but not fancy base and adding a few trim items to keep it from looking like a gas company fleet vehicle. When I ordered my Bronco, I was very happy to be able to select a trim level that met my wants and did not have to buy power seats and a leather wrapped dash just to get the good chassis hardware. My Big Bend Sas is exactly what I expected it to be, essentially and XLS/XLT level trim on a basic vehicle with most of the money invested in hardware (suspension, wheel/tire, 4wd hardware, powertrain) than in stuff I don't really care about like a 1200 watt stereo or air conditioned seats. I have friends with Land/Range Rovers with that stuff, they paid about 80 grand and are broken more than they're operational. If you though Ford was going to build you a Range Rover or Lexus you were delusional. I paid 51k for mine and got my money's worth.

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My top falls off the Bronco all the time, oddly it happens most on warm sunny days...

In all seriousness that sucks that part fell off and I would be frustrated as well. You have reason to be mad but I would be mad if that part fell off a 20K Hyundai. Plastic vents or what ever that is shouldn't fall off any vehicle regardless of price.

BlueWaffle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco, and a trio of 80s GM's.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Base GT is 43K. Was looking to get one. Bought the Bronco instead.
Not the mustang GT.. the GT GT. The one expensive enough that only 33 were sold last year.

DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am Ford guy I own two other Fords. One of them is a base model 2010 Ford escape XLS (base model) there are no broken parts in the interior. Love that car. Don’t plan on getting rid of it either. 4 others prior as well.

I bought the Bronco Wild track because I wanted a factory lift. I wanted the big wheels. I wanted to make sure that the wheels did not fall off like the guy on YouTube. I want to make sure that if parts come off my car, it was engineered by Ford and not put together with parts bought off the Internet. Besides, I do not have the time to modify my vehicle, and nobody touches my cars except me unless it’s a warranty item.

Wasn’t trying to start a sticky thread, but I am disappointed. I also broke a clip that holds the sensors on the bumper while I installing my hitch. Had to rig that up with tie wraps until I can get a replacement.

Just saying there are some quality issues that whether base model or a raptor should not have.

see link below.

1710440887996-lz.png
Agreed re: quality issues which dwindle in every product, market and service these days.
I note lots of “…I wanted….I want…” - all about wants vs needs and something called “Free Will”.

We just enjoy our Bronco.. could bitch about something all day, everyday but chose not to.
Glad you buy American.

Sponsored

bikesandguitars

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak, ‘22 Tundra TRD PRO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You guys are doing your part to support US manufacturing, unionized workforce, paid holidays, good health benefits and even pensions - none of which are a bargain in the good ol’ USA. That is your value proposition for the Bronco.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am Ford guy I own two other Fords. One of them is a base model 2010 Ford escape XLS (base model) there are no broken parts in the interior. Love that car. Don’t plan on getting rid of it either. 4 others prior as well.

Wasn’t trying to start a sticky thread, but I am disappointed. I also broke a clip that holds the sensors on the bumper while I installing my hitch. Had to rig that up with tie wraps until I can get a replacement.

Just saying there are some quality issues that whether base model or a raptor should not have.
I don't think the parts quality is bad in these Broncos. The choice of finish materials is a trade-off between form and function: for an interior to be washout ready, some compromises on materials need to be made.

That said, I think you are the first person to have mentioned a problem like this, so I would chalk it up to a bad production of this particular part rather than some indictment of Bronco parts failures.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why do trucks cost so much? Because people who had no reason to buy a truck started buying them. They didn’t want the “ basic farmer’s special “, so the manufacturers started adding all the luxury items the urban cowpokes wanted or needed to convince their other half it was practical. Not to mention all the “ mandated or tossed in for for measure safety stuff”. Same goes for the Bronco. If farmers and ranchers were the main consumers the base model would reign supreme.
Except if farmers and ranchers were the only customers, the trucks would cost a lot more or wouldn't be made at all. Vehicles are expensive enough these days--it's hard for most people to justify spending a small fortune on a one-trick pony. They've got to be able to perform more than one function.