Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Used trucks with 100K miles go for ridiculous prices too. You are going to pay for something that could be worn out and need repairs on top of a payment. So buying new may be better I think.

And yeah back to the post, build quality is something else too these days- so much plastic. I love my 87 Chevy Squarebody- it's all steel- the fender liners, glove box, ash tray (LOL), even the fender and front fascia trim is bolted or screwed on. So easy and fun to work on.
Those were the days...
Sponsored

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like my Maverick and have had no issues. Granted I've only put 6500 miles on it but it's the perfect little work vehicle for me.

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When I heard Ford was reintroducing Bronco, I was thrilled. A capable off-roader based on sturdy but not fancy base and adding a few trim items to keep it from looking like a gas company fleet vehicle. When I ordered my Bronco, I was very happy to be able to select a trim level that met my wants and did not have to buy power seats and a leather wrapped dash just to get the good chassis hardware. My Big Bend Sas is exactly what I expected it to be, essentially and XLS/XLT level trim on a basic vehicle with most of the money invested in hardware (suspension, wheel/tire, 4wd hardware, powertrain) than in stuff I don't really care about like a 1200 watt stereo or air conditioned seats. I have friends with Land/Range Rovers with that stuff, they paid about 80 grand and are broken more than they're operational. If you though Ford was going to build you a Range Rover or Lexus you were delusional. I paid 51k for mine and got my money's worth.
I have had 2 Land Rovers from the owned by Ford generation. Does that create some vortex of negative energy that could be life threatening? Or is Ford + JLR how to summon beelzebub? Kidding of course. Except about the Rovers. That part is for real.

Ultraswip

Heritage
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
The higher end trims and packages are designed and priced to subsidize the Sasquatch package.

Sponsored

Kevin Scarbel

Everglades
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Everglades 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
What is wrong with the Maverick? I've haven't heard anything outside of the fuel tank recall.

Remember the Maverick is supposed to be cheap and shares its parts bin with other C platfform products like the Escape and Bronco Sport

Its also been proven ad infimum that North American customers don't' really care about interiors (to a certain point) vs other markets, outside of spats on the internet...its really over sold. People bitch about the new Explorer interior but it never held back its sales either.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you like that, wait until the first time you glance harshly at your door panel and it causes a scratch.

Ford brags about using 100% recycled plastic in the Bronco. You didnā€™t think something so ambitious as ā€œsaving the planetā€œ would come without sacrifice, did you?

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why do trucks cost so much? Because people who had no reason to buy a truck started buying them. They didnā€™t want the ā€œ basic farmerā€™s special ā€œ, so the manufacturers started adding all the luxury items the urban cowpokes wanted or needed to convince their other half it was practical. Not to mention all the ā€œ mandated or tossed in for for measure safety stuffā€. Same goes for the Bronco. If farmers and ranchers were the main consumers the base model would reign supreme.
If you set up shop at the local grain elevator here, 9 out of 10 trucks would be mid to top trim trucks.

Forditude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0 5* Tuned, GX470 Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's it? That's your post? Just two pictures of a piece of plastic with your jorts?
Itā€™s ok, heā€™s just ā€œvent-ingā€ šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Cheap quality materials = increased profit margins šŸ’°
Yep. Note you had to pay extra for that side step where the rail covers what forever reason would have been showing welding marks below the door on your white 2 door WT. And for some reason my under $40k white 2 door BD has standard rock rails to cover that. Makes no sense. Still love the Bronco. Walked around a parked black 2 door WT the other day. Amazing stance, but it still had those rivet markings below the door. Crazy town.

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Iā€™m cool with the plastic but it should not break within three months.
Unfortunately it's the world we live in now. Both my Bronco and my F-150 Tremor have been in for more warranty work in the short few years I've owned them than I ever did with my Audi and Chevy from 2011/2017 respectfully (which I sold to get the Bronco and Tremor). The build quality - especially during/after Covid - has been decimated with companies trying to pinch pennies as they recoup costs.

The one and only way to tell companies "We won't stand for it" is to take every little thing - from every odd squeak and rattle, every weird noise, to every vent falling out - and going immediately to the dealership to have it repaired under Warranty. As people are more forceful with their warranty work, this is the only way to force companies to spend more time on QA/QC and improve design and quality. I've had thousands of dollars of stuff fixed on the Bronco under warranty, and with the most recent thing I'm going in on Friday for, I'll break the $10k mark on the next thing that happens. Just keep going in, drive that message home to Ford Mothership. They make decisions based on their Profit & Loss statements and nothing else.

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unfortunately it's the world we live in now. Both my Bronco and my F-150 Tremor have been in for more warranty work in the short few years I've owned them than I ever did with my Audi and Chevy from 2011/2017 respectfully (which I sold to get the Bronco and Tremor). The build quality - especially during/after Covid - has been decimated with companies trying to pinch pennies as they recoup costs.

The one and only way to tell companies "We won't stand for it" is to take every little thing - from every odd squeak and rattle, every weird noise, to every vent falling out - and going immediately to the dealership to have it repaired under Warranty. As people are more forceful with their warranty work, this is the only way to force companies to spend more time on QA/QC and improve design and quality. I've had thousands of dollars of stuff fixed on the Bronco under warranty, and with the most recent thing I'm going in on Friday for, I'll break the $10k mark on the next thing that happens. Just keep going in, drive that message home to Ford Mothership. They make decisions based on their Profit & Loss statements and nothing else.
https://fordauthority.com/2024/03/ford-management-bonuses-now-directly-tied-to-quality/Ford Management Bonuses Now Directly Tied To Quality