First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Seems that the Auto does work better for the floor heat. No idea how that works but after seeing that mentioned we tried it last week in 10 degree weather and the floor heat actually got toasty.
Sponsored

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU 75th Anniv. Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Exactly. All the air blows out the A-pillar vents instead of the floor, and that's not normal.
I've been curious about this and have been contemplating bringing my Bronco into the dealer to get checked out. When I have the heat on, no air comes out of the dash vents, only the A-pillar vents. If I switch over to A/C, cold air blows out of the dash vents. Are they just not for heating, or am I doing something wrong?

BurtMacklin

Outer Banks
First Name
AMS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB 4 DR / 22 F150 / 23 OBX 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone taken their Bronco in to have this looked at? Or is turning it to "auto" the trick? It was -4 in CNY this morning and my feet were freaking freezing on my way into work.
Brand new vehicle... not awesome at all.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ok you guys are gonna think I'm crazy (and I might be):

I turned off auto and cranked the fan full speed. Then I unchecked all the options (windshield/defrost, chest, feet) you know those three directionals.

When I set the temp to low, still no auto, the vents would switch to the chest level one. When I set it high, it would switch to the usual floor and defrost vents. I'm judging this by air movement, nothing is changing on my setting on screen with the directionals.

But it was 55 degrees outside. When I slowly adjusted it up from lo to 68 degrees, all the vents closed except the floor, with noticeable pressure increase there as well.

I'm talking no air movement from the windshield, those side vent things along the windows, or any of the chest level ones. Only air coming out was driver feet, passenger feet, and slightly more then usual to the second row.

So this tells me the ducting does in fact have a way to shut all the way down for each area.

Don't believe me? Try it. Full fan speed, no auto, scroll throw each degree and the air movement will change. Will you find the magic temp setting that gives full blast power to the feet?

Seems like a software correction.

Temps supposed to drop almost 20 degrees tomorrow, I will see if the sweet spot changes

Edit: yes with the temp change the sweet spot of 1-3 degrees also changed. It dropped with the temperature. Also, I almost forgot my own direction, you have to change the fan speed to really disable the auto; just manually adjusting the directional thingies does not disable auto when you turn them all off.

Last edited:

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same here; issues with lack of floor heat to both the front and back. Going in this week for inspection, will let the forum know what comes of it.
I have this same issue. Was wondering when you took it in, we’re they able to find a solution?

Sponsored

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have the same issue. I only have it set to floor heat and I don't feel anything, but air is coming out of the top side vents. Bringing it into the shop to be looked at.
I’m having this same issue. Wondering when you took it in, we’re they able to find a solution.

bman3000

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Jeep GC 5.7, 93 Wrangler, 20 Polaris Turbo S
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same issue here. Got down to a chilly Cali 50 and my bare legs where chilly after mountain biking and I couldn’t get much for heat down below. Hope there is an easy fix.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@EMBronco and @bman3000

Can both of you go back a few posts to what I tried to make the system go feet only vents to see if it helps?

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@EMBronco and @bman3000

Can both of you go back a few posts to what I tried to make the system go feet only vents to see if it helps?
I spent some time today testing this. I have a base model, so I can't 100% replicate what you did because I can't select specific temperatures, but I can use the temperature nob to adjust through different temperature settings. This is what I found:

- When set to defrost only, it only blows air out of the defrost vents at all temperature settings.
- When set to the dash vents only, it only blows air out of the dash vents at all temperature settings.
- When set to the floor vents only, I estimate that 80% of the air blows out the defrost vents, 20% out of the front floor vents, and 0% out of the rear floor vents. At all temperature settings.
- When set to floor vents and defrost, their is no change in air flow from just floor vents. 80% to defrost, 20% to front floor vents, and 0% to rear floor vents. At all temperature settings.
- When set to floor vents and dash vents, I estimate that 80% of the air blows out of the dash vents, 20% out the front floor vents, and 0% out the rear floor vents. At all temperature settings. If while in this setting, I close all the dash vents, the volume to the front and rear floor vents do not change.

Based on this, I would think that the issue is with the blend door. Either it is malfunctioning and not moving to the correct location, was not installed correctly at the factory, or is of poor design and does not correctly divert air to the floor when it should.

Since there are people saying that they get tons of floor heat and don't have the problem of air blowing out the defrost when set to the floor, I would lean toward a malfunction in the blend door or incorrect installation at the factory.

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same issue here. Got down to a chilly Cali 50 and my bare legs where chilly after mountain biking and I couldn’t get much for heat down below. Hope there is an easy fix.
50F? We call that summer up here!

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I spent some time today testing this. I have a base model, so I can't 100% replicate what you did because I can't select specific temperatures, but I can use the temperature nob to adjust through different temperature settings. This is what I found:

- When set to defrost only, it only blows air out of the defrost vents at all temperature settings.
- When set to the dash vents only, it only blows air out of the dash vents at all temperature settings.
- When set to the floor vents only, I estimate that 80% of the air blows out the defrost vents, 20% out of the front floor vents, and 0% out of the rear floor vents. At all temperature settings.
- When set to floor vents and defrost, their is no change in air flow from just floor vents. 80% to defrost, 20% to front floor vents, and 0% to rear floor vents. At all temperature settings.
- When set to floor vents and dash vents, I estimate that 80% of the air blows out of the dash vents, 20% out the front floor vents, and 0% out the rear floor vents. At all temperature settings. If while in this setting, I close all the dash vents, the volume to the front and rear floor vents do not change.

Based on this, I would think that the issue is with the blend door. Either it is malfunctioning and not moving to the correct location, was not installed correctly at the factory, or is of poor design and does not correctly divert air to the floor when it should.

Since there are people saying that they get tons of floor heat and don't have the problem of air blowing out the defrost when set to the floor, I would lean toward a malfunction in the blend door or incorrect installation at the factory.
This all confirms what many of us have been experiencing, so thank you for taking the time to thoroughly document it. I agree, it isn’t so much of a design defect as it is poor manufacturing and/or slack quality control. Just like so many other issues people have experienced with these vehicles.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you try unselecting all of the vents? That's what I had to do to cause the full air to go to the floor vents.

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you try unselecting all of the vents? That's what I had to do to cause the full air to go to the floor vents.
I'm not able to unselect all the vents. One button always stays lit no matter what I do.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not able to unselect all the vents. One button always stays lit no matter what I do.
ahh i understand. Does your model have the "auto" function? I think if you can't auto with all unselected, you won't be able to trick the baffles like I did.

I'm still thinking it's a software issue as I was able to send air only to the floor vents.

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ahh i understand. Does your model have the "auto" function? I think if you can't auto with all unselected, you won't be able to trick the baffles like I did.

I'm still thinking it's a software issue as I was able to send air only to the floor vents.
Unfortunately no auto function.
Sponsored