First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F350/2015 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mirror others concerns about the drivers side heat. The only way to drive around Wyoming this winter is with insulated boots and pants. Today we are -33F this morning and it is so cold on the drivers side I might as well drive a side by side 4X4! Extremely frustrating on a couple week old Bronco!
Ford Bronco Cold Feet / Floor Heat? 1B637EC5-9090-496A-BEB0-B11271B5DA8F
Ford Bronco Cold Feet / Floor Heat? EECB744B-0926-4B9B-BADD-AE579D5F2F6D
Sponsored

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I also have this problem. I wonder if it's a software issue. I was playing around with switching settings and the heat blew for just an instant while it switched and then dropped to barely feeling anything.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Finally checked mine out, on the driver’s side at least. Fan on Min or Max feels like the same airflow to the floor, which is hardly any flow at all. As I crank up fan speed I hear it coming from the defrost vents.

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I also have this problem. I wonder if it's a software issue. I was playing around with switching settings and the heat blew for just an instant while it switched and then dropped to barely feeling anything.
yes, I have also experienced this 1-2 second blast as you toggle through defrost, front vents and then floor vents. Always having air flowing out of the window vents. My Raptor’s window vents only blow air when on the defrost setting.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I mirror others concerns about the drivers side heat. The only way to drive around Wyoming this winter is with insulated boots and pants. Today we are -33F this morning and it is so cold on the drivers side I might as well drive a side by side 4X4! Extremely frustrating on a couple week old Bronco!
Side topic. Any issue with your steering being very stiff in the extreme cold weather?

Sponsored

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Steering and transmission fluid did not like this week's weather. Very stiff steering, no floor heat and mud for trans fluid. Temp in Great Falls, MT was -30s in the morning and -15 for daytime high.

JMV123

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F350/2015 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Side topic. Any issue with your steering being very stiff in the extreme cold weather?
None at all and this morning we were -31F. Went up into the forest and was plowing 1.5-2.5 feet of snow and the steering was solid. The snow was on the powdery side.

MTinPA

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It seems like Ford is handling this on a case by case basis for now. They will get your info and open a case. They also contacted my dealership’s service manager and I have an appointment on Tuesday to get it looked at. I’ll report back next week.

I would suggest everyone with this issue open a case with Ford. That is officially the only way they will get visibility to the scope of the issue and potentially quicker resolution at corporate level vs individual interactions with local service teams.

crxck

Raptor
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Raptor 37, New Range Rover, Audi Q7, TL
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I just got my Bronco days ago, and considering how cold it is in the East Coast currently, I noticed this IMMEDIATELY. I was genuinely confused while trying to turn on the footwell vents and not feeling anything down there at all no matter the fan speed.

I’m amazed that Ford is yet to notice such a widespread basic issue. It’s pretty disappointing at the price point, and is the second blow to the buyer after finding out there is no clear 2nd row vents. And even though there’s technically 2nd row vents but in the footwell only, they don’t seem to work because of this issue. Like someone said here, it’s comical.

The upper half of your body is toasty, but your body and the environment below is strangely colder, to the point where I was suspecting that outside air is leaking from the door. It feels like a “cold draft” in the lower half of the vehicle like someone else said here.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can hear my fan spool up at max setting, but I can't figure out where the air is going. Not out any of the vents.

Sponsored

nhmountainman

Badlands
First Name
Kman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chevy 2500 Duramax 2018 BMW 340 2016 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco looks cool, is cool. Good thing I like my Sorels!

Kayphix

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also checked this out. Been negatives here in Colorado. Rear floor vents barely work at any speed.

litboifam

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys,

I just want to share my experience so far and if anyone has any insights, please share them with me.

As most of you here, I have the same footwell problem and I took my car to the dealer to have it looked at a few weeks ago, and when they got back to me, they said that it was working as intended because they had other vehicles in stock and they all behaved the same. So, to give me some piece of mind, the rep at the dealer submitted a ticket directly to Ford to see if they have any insights about the issue, and after waiting 3-4 days, they finally replied saying it was a "normal operating characteristic" and there was nothing that can be done.

Frustrated and upset seeing that my $50k+ truck is basically becoming unusable during winter, I took it upon myself to contact Ford directly and explain my concerns about this and they came back to me with the same lingo "its a normal operating characteristic" and no further explanation. I guess they are considering this a customer complaint that does not qualify as a safety concern and are basically just ignoring it so they dont have to deal with it.

If anyone has had a different outcome than mine, please share. I truly want to get this remedied.

Thanks!