darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Holy shit, did an OTA update actually just fix my heat? Got in the Bronco yesterday and noticed an over-the-air update updated my display/nav with new features. Then on the drive I noticed my feet getting warm. Today I set the vents to floor only, turned up the fan and got heat in the driver footwell!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yup, same happened to both of mine. The OTA fixed one then a week later the other, at least for me

Itsdchz

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 PB XLT - 2022 Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yup, same happened to both of mine. The OTA fixed one then a week later the other, at least for me
Holy shit, did an OTA update actually just fix my heat? Got in the Bronco yesterday and noticed an over-the-air update updated my display/nav with new features. Then on the drive I noticed my feet getting warm. Today I set the vents to floor only, turned up the fan and got heat in the driver footwell!
OTA 3.5.2?

joeb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great News if the update fixed the issue. I hope others report the same

Sponsored

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Floor heat, lol. Purpose build vehicles don’t need heat. You’re just not rock crawling hard enough.

OP
OP
darkscion0

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry? I can't hear you over 2 bent rock rails, 2 smashed mirrors, a tree dent in my door and a broken axle. How hard are you going?

Floor heat, lol. Purpose build vehicles don’t need heat. You’re just not rock crawling hard enough.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Not sure which update fixed it but I'm on 3.5.4
Got excited for a minute...I just got 3.5.4 and had to go check. I get some floor heat but most of it still comes out of the defrost even on floor only.

I also have zero Rear floor heat

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry? I can't hear you over 2 bent rock rails, 2 smashed mirrors, a tree dent in my door and a broken axle. How hard are you going?
You need to work on picking better lines. I’m just kidding man. My first comment was meant to be sarcasm, from other’s responses on B6G. The No floor heat is one of my biggest complaints.

OP
OP
darkscion0

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I figured. My issue is that I'm on the East coast of Canada so the majority of the trails are in the woods and are usually cut to fit a Jeep. The Bronco is considerably wider.

You need to work on picking better lines. I’m just kidding man. My first comment was meant to be sarcasm, from other’s responses on B6G. The No floor heat is one of my biggest complaints.

Sponsored

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Think skinny bro 😎 I hope they fix this heat issue. It’s an inconvenience for me on the West coast CA, it’s a big freaken deal for you!

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I figured. My issue is that I'm on the East coast of Canada so the majority of the trails are in the woods and are usually cut to fit a Jeep. The Bronco is considerably wider.
Wrangler dimensions:
2dr, 167" long X 74" wide.
4dr 188" long X 74" wide.

Bronco dimensions:
2dr 174" long X 76" wide.
4dr 189" long X 76" wide.

OP
OP
darkscion0

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The numbers don't die but you obviously have never wheeled a Bronco through a tight trail.

Here's what the numbers don't tell you:
  1. You can't take the mirrors off. You can fold them in, but they pop back out every time you open the door. Even folded in they stick out 4-5" further than the already wide body.
  2. The width measurement for both Jeep and Bronco is at the tires, which are the widest point. The actual Bronco body is much wider than the actual Jeep body.
  3. The doors boat side. With a Jeep, if you slid into a tree it would probably hit your rock rails and not the body. With the Bronco it's almost impossible to find rock rails that stick out enough to offer that kind of protection as the doors are not flat and stick out.
  4. The Bronco hood doesn't slant down like a Jeeps. This hinders visibility and while wheeling a lot of the time I need to use the offroad cameras to see what's in front of me.
  5. The fenders go right to the corners. On a Jeep, the actual fenders (not flares) taper in on the front giving you much greater clearance for navigating tight trails.
  6. On a Jeep with a stubby front bumper, the tires are what are exposed not the fenders which greatly reduces the risk of damage.

I love my Bronco, but I can't wheel it like I did my Jeep.

Wrangler dimensions:
2dr, 167" long X 74" wide.
4dr 188" long X 74" wide.

Bronco dimensions:
2dr 174" long X 76" wide.
4dr 189" long X 76" wide.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love my Bronco, but I can't wheel it like I did my Jeep.
The simplest way to say it is the Bronco is an overlander and the Jeep is a rock crawler. Love each for its merits.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So…. Is there a software repair/fix to get floor heat working ?
I have it intermittently when I use it in conjunction with the dash vents, but not in any way acceptable.
Sponsored