Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After going to a dealership and having both the service dept head and lead mechanic confirm the issue, I spoke with customer service with Ford headquarters. Customer service confirmed they are aware of the problem and that it has been addressed with an upcoming software update. Customer service was not willing to say when the update would be sent. If anyone has received this update and had the problem resolve, would love to hear confirmation.
I will be pretty impressed if true
Sponsored

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I took mine in for service 3 or 4 months ago for this issue. My service advisor stated the hvac was built as intended. Iā€™m hoping for an update.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35ā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2023 Badlands. Same thing. Almost no heat on floor but the fan runs hard.

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After going to a dealership and having both the service dept head and lead mechanic confirm the issue, I spoke with customer service with Ford headquarters. Customer service confirmed they are aware of the problem and that it has been addressed with an upcoming software update. Customer service was not willing to say when the update would be sent. If anyone has received this update and had the problem resolve, would love to hear confirmation.
im not holding my breath on this. If this somehow gets resolved by a software update, Iā€™ll be besides myself that it was that easy of a fix from Ford.

Fivefingerheist

Badlands
First Name
FFH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, 4-D, Non-SAS, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There wonā€™t be a ā€˜resolutionā€™ until Ford Corporate actually sits in a Bronco with the floor vents set to HIGH and realizes that ā€˜hey, there really isnā€™t that much air coming out the front floor vents or the rear floor vents. I wonder why that is?ā€™
When I set to max output and floor vents only. Barely any air movement is there at all.

Sponsored

Dillydally

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.7 hardtop lux non-squatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I set to max output and floor vents only. Barely any air movement is there at all.
Try setting it to dash vents and floor vents, then close the dials on all the dash vents. This is not perfect, but should result in much more hot air coming out of the floor vents.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Try setting it to dash vents and floor vents, then close the dials on all the dash vents. This is not perfect, but should result in much more hot air coming out of the floor vents.
I had not tried this one yet. Air flow at the feet is pretty decent this way. Proving again that the ducting is fine, and it's a software thing

ChefAlan86

Outer Banks
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90, 22 Maverick XL
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, Ive been stalled long enough to not have to need the heater for a while. I guess they only have to deal with us seasonally. Easy for Ford to brush this under the carpet. Not cold, no problem....... wait, my feet are cold. My bet, software problem and a 2x3 plastic motorized gate. Come on Ford....... still waiting on full screen apple play....... heat gonna be a minute

joeb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can anyone confirm that an Update can fix this issue ?

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can anyone confirm that an Update can fix this issue ?
I think in my case, I've shown that one way or another I can trick the system to blow only through the floor vents, just not at my temp. Also, as other users have shown, if you set it to chest and floor, close the chest, you get very decent floor flow.

So yes, I would argue that in my case, it is a programming fix. The ducting and power/flow is definitely there

Sponsored

FastFastFast

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GLI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think in my case, I've shown that one way or another I can trick the system to blow only through the floor vents, just not at my temp. Also, as other users have shown, if you set it to chest and floor, close the chest, you get very decent floor flow.

So yes, I would argue that in my case, it is a programming fix. The ducting and power/flow is definitely there
Yup, I'm just doing chest and floor and closing the chest. It works for now.

Nothing Left

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Audi A8, Wrangler JK, WR450F
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yup, I'm just doing chest and floor and closing the chest. It works for now.
I finally tried this today and it is the best fix yet until Ford actually addresses it. Floor and Vents selected with all 4 vents closed forces the air through the floor vents and it stops air from flowing out the A pillar.

joeyclark173

Badlands
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger; Bronco ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have given up on trying to get a decent air flow with the under the seat vents. I'm now looking into installing one of these heated seat kits for the back seat.
-Install Bay: IBHS1
-Rostra: 250-1870
Ha! My kiddos were complaining the other day about being cold back there so I just installed seat heaters back there today. A little bit of work- especially for someone without hog ring pliers, but after about 6hrs, itā€™s all done. Iā€™ll post about it later in case others are interested in doing the same.

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ha! My kiddos were complaining the other day about being cold back there so I just installed seat heaters back there today. A little bit of work- especially for someone without hog ring pliers, but after about 6hrs, itā€™s all done. Iā€™ll post about it later in case others are interested in doing the same.
This was one of the first things I had installed when I picked up my Bronco last August. With the lack of heat in the back, itā€™s been a great investment.

Dillydally

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.7 hardtop lux non-squatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am also experiencing the same problem. If the floor only is selected, 80% of the hot air comes out of the defrost vents to the left of the driver and right side of passenger and 20% comes out of the floor, regardless of temperature setting.
If none of the areas are selected, various outputs occur, sometimes floor and defrost only, sometimes dash only, depending on the temperature selected and the current mood of the vehicle.
This is definitely not how the heating system was designed to work. I do not know if it is a software problem which would mean everyone has the same problem) or if it was installed incorrectly ( which means some people might not be experiencing this same problem)
Can anyone confirm that this is not happening in their vehicle? The best work around I was able to figure out is to select both floor vents and dash vents, turn the heat up and then use the dials on the dash to close the dash vents. This will force more of the hot air out of the floor vents, closer to the way they are supposed to work.
3/21/2023
Just received the latest software update "Ford Power up 4.2.1",
No changes to the heat venting problem. Most Hot air comes out of the A-pillar defrost vent, almost nothing from the floor vents, nothing in the rear seats. I sent an additional email to customer service with Ford headquarters, no response....
Sponsored