Sponsored

ThatWilsonGuy

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Raptor | 23' BL SAS | Sport FE (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm 99% I changed it in as built then noticed it also changes to pantone. I'll give it a shot again when I get back to the house tonight.
Don't know if I didn't do it right the first time or if it's just the process being finicky but I got it working.

After restoring the module from my save I changed the code in the AS BUILT section and nothing changed. Forscan showed it retained the setting after multiple power cycles but the ambient menus wouldn't even show up.

Reset the
module again, changed the code again, and bob's your uncle, it works!

Got all 4 installed.

Ford Bronco Color changing ambient lighting using Ford OEM parts 20230703_220111
Sponsored

Last edited:

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the custom harness necessary if you're not messing with the cup holder? Regardless, it'd be nice to know how I could contact JHForman812. Thank you, pioneers.

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
if youre not messing with cup holder or under seat rear lights no harness needed. if you want rear underseat lights youll need a harness. im pretty easy to contact lol

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if youre not messing with cup holder or under seat rear lights no harness needed. if you want rear underseat lights youll need a harness. im pretty easy to contact lol
Hi! I thought you were like a unicorn inhabiting a different forum, lol.
There's no such thing under the seats of a 2-door though, right?

ThatWilsonGuy

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Raptor | 23' BL SAS | Sport FE (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Inwouldnbet
[/QUOTE
I would bet the mounts are there. It's just a spot under the front seats. If Ford didn't bother removing that assembly for 4 doors that can't be optioned with it, I can't imagine the removed it for two doors.

Here is a picture frim OPs post that shows it.
Ford Bronco Color changing ambient lighting using Ford OEM parts Screenshot_20230708_082931_Chrome

Sponsored

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Inwouldnbet

I would bet the mounts are there. It's just a spot under the front seats. If Ford didn't bother removing that assembly for 4 doors that can't be optioned with it, I can't imagine the removed it for two doors.

Here is a picture frim OPs post that shows it.
Ford Bronco Color changing ambient lighting using Ford OEM parts Screenshot_20230708_082931_Chrome
I think it’s missing on 2 doors but there’s only one way to find out lol

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like the 2 door model doesn’t have the LED assembly mounting hole under the seat. There’s no plastic trim anywhere, but I found a rectangular hole cutout on the side of the metal seat frame. Not sure if that’s what we’re looking for though..
Ford Bronco Color changing ambient lighting using Ford OEM parts IMG_4348
Ford Bronco Color changing ambient lighting using Ford OEM parts IMG_4349
Ford Bronco Color changing ambient lighting using Ford OEM parts IMG_4357

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks like the 2 door model doesn’t have the LED assembly mounting hole under the seat. There’s no plastic trim anywhere, but I found a rectangular hole cutout on the side of the metal seat frame. Not sure if that’s what we’re looking for though..
Negative that metal hole isn’t what you want. I know several 2dr guys and the bronco raptor guys have done this and they didn’t have the holes either. They found a way to mount the lights up there

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks to the OP and you pioneers, and a special shoutout to @JHForman812 for creating this harness – this job couldn't be any easier. I haven't tackled the cup holder section just yet since the parts haven't arrived, but I plan to follow the approach shared by @MannyG20 instead of purchasing and modifying the assembly.

Here are some photos I took along the way:
Ford Bronco Color changing ambient lighting using Ford OEM parts IMG_4612
Ford Bronco Color changing ambient lighting using Ford OEM parts IMG_4613
Ford Bronco Color changing ambient lighting using Ford OEM parts IMG_4653
Ford Bronco Color changing ambient lighting using Ford OEM parts IMG_4651
Ford Bronco Color changing ambient lighting using Ford OEM parts IMG_4655

Ford Bronco Color changing ambient lighting using Ford OEM parts IMG_4659
Ford Bronco Color changing ambient lighting using Ford OEM parts IMG_4661

Because mine's a 2-door Bronco, it's missing the plastic trim underneath the seat that holds the LED, so I had to improvise the janky way which turned out ok for my taste lol.

Ford Bronco Color changing ambient lighting using Ford OEM parts IMG_4657

I also noticed that there's a badly rusted metal part underneath the passenger seat. I'm not sure if this is normal for a vehicle that was built on 6/22/23 and has only 900 miles so far, but I'll definitely bring this up with the dealership.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Giants56

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not much new to add here. Just wanted to post some pics of the finished project. I have a 2022 BL 7MT and there are a couple of things that are different. Of course the aforementioned cup holder is very different from the automatic, but also under the rear seats Ford put the exact same metal rectangular mount that holds the lights for the front footwells. The lights snapped right in securely. The pictures make the light seem brighter than it is in person.

my solution to the cup holder problem was to drill two holes in the bottom of the cup holder and then place a clear acrylic disk on the bottom and then place the rubber insert on top of that. It looks much brighter in the picture. In real life it is just a very thin ring of light. I would like to trim about 1/16 of the rubber insert but I think that would be difficult to do evenly.

I thought hard about doing my own wiring but in the end got one from John. It was so easy-just plug and play.
thanks to @‘21OBX for the idea.
Hi Manny. I also have a 7MT. I’m trying to understand what you ended up doing for the cupholder? Did you drill your factory cup holders? What light did you place in it? Sorry, I don’t have parts just yet, so this may seem obvious but figured I’d ask.

wiingnut

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F-350 , '19 Mustang GT , '22 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was supprised this wasent standered on the bronco my 07 gt had the my color were you could change the gauge clusters differ t colors. Seems like a missed opportunity on fords end
Unfortunately, it wasn't a missed opportunity. There were my options that were intentionally cut out due to maximizing profits or cut out due to the chip shortage. The chip shortage is very real. To manufacture a fully loaded Lincoln Navigator or F-150 Platinum takes close to 15k chips. The average vehicle takes between 5k-7k. Chip capacity is slowly rising back to normal levels.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi Manny. I also have a 7MT. I’m trying to understand what you ended up doing for the cupholder? Did you drill your factory cup holders? What light did you place in it? Sorry, I don’t have parts just yet, so this may seem obvious but figured I’d ask.
If you get the same harness that the OP got it will have two LEDs that run to the cup holder. Using the OEM cup holder that came with my Bronco I drilled a hole in the bottom center of each cup holder that was the exact size of the LED light. I then fitted the LED light in the drilled hole. I then ordered a 3 inch acrylic disc from Amazon and placed that in the bottom of the cup holder. This allows the LED light to diffuse a bit and light up the edges of the disc. I then carefully trimmed the rubber insert to allow more light to show from the disc and then put the rubber insert back in the cup holder on top of the two discs.
this solution is not as impressive as the OPs but it does work.

Giants56

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you get the same harness that the OP got it will have two LEDs that run to the cup holder. Using the OEM cup holder that came with my Bronco I drilled a hole in the bottom center of each cup holder that was the exact size of the LED light. I then fitted the LED light in the drilled hole. I then ordered a 3 inch acrylic disc from Amazon and placed that in the bottom of the cup holder. This allows the LED light to diffuse a bit and light up the edges of the disc. I then carefully trimmed the rubber insert to allow more light to show from the disc and then put the rubber insert back in the cup holder on top of the two discs.
this solution is not as impressive as the OPs but it does work.
That makes sense. Appreciate you.

Egg16

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Hey guys, question for you that have installed this. I'm going to attempt this setup on my Everglades but was wondering what people have done to mount it under the rear driver and passenger seat? Zip ties or a mount that's more sturdy. Thanks!
Sponsored