Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had actually thought at one point that if they would get me a couple of the accessories (soft top and some other things) then I'd walk from it and they could sell. I'm sure their cost to those goods would be worth it for them, and for me, but they likely really do not need to do anything for me, so I have no leverage, and I was pleased they decided to do the right thing and offer it to me. Don't want to be a jerk above that...
Change the thread title to ”I have a shipped order I’m backing out on, who wants it for my cost” and watch this thread blow up
Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You have VINs for two orders? Sheeeesh. I'd be tempted to buy it, but if your Badlands has a VIN I would stick with that. You must have caught lightning in a bottle.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
As some of you may know from my various posts, I had a reservation placed with a dealer who converted it to an order without my consent. Many attempts to get them to retract this failed, and I was finally able to get my time-stamp transferred to my preferred dealer, but the order was still out there going to the original dealer.

I have been getting notifications of that unit (OuterBanks, 2.3 auto, MIC, Lux, tow, roast cloth,) getting a VIN and build dates well ahead of my final order (Badlands, similar options), and I have gotten duplicate of invitations to Off-Roadeo, the matchbox kits and the infamous Bronco prints.

This morning I actually got a call from that dealer letting me know that, despite my request to cancel the order, it was actually now built and awaiting shipment, and offering to put my name back on it and sell it to me (even at the originally agreed price), if I thought I might want it. I let him know that I have known about the status as Ford still sends the updates to me, but I have to give them kudos for this as I know they will be able to sell this "in a minute" for well more than MSRP. They wanted to give me 24 hours to think about it.

My original thought was to buy and resell it, since I am fortunate enough to (supposedly) have one coming in the next few weeks (unless the MIC top fiasco worsens). Now, I'm thinking "Let it go" and hoping someone will enjoy it. They may already have a buyer, since they changed the color from AMB to Ox White. If not, there is probably on opportunity for someone soon, unless I get mercenary about this quickly...
Tell the dealer you will let them take over the order for a $1k "finder fee" and then let them have it. You should benefit at least a little from this fiasco.

Good luck!

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have the dealer sell the current Bronco, with an in writing agreement or actual contract for your BL to be $2000 under MSRP.

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Tell the dealership you'll buy it and sell it back to them. Ask them to make an offer.

If you don't make money off it, they will. So why not take advantage.

Td66

Wildtrak
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 runner, 2 Mazda 3s
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Buy it and sell to someone on this forum who will pay you your cost invested. That way its a win-win for two forum members and you get that good feeling inside. Make it fun, like having members post a comment; why you should sell it to them. May help lift the anxiety of waiting for the forum.

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I honestly don't see the issue in buying and re-selling it. Where I have an issue is those who are being sleazy about it.

A good example is the guy on one of the Facebook groups who's already sold one and has another he's now advertising. He's stated on both that he's selling due to "life-changing info" or "Plans changed." Yet others brought up pictures of him stating that he was selling them as soon as they arrived lol... Oh, he's also a Lawyer.

Just be honest.

Last edited:

Realtor

Wildtrak
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am not a dealer, and I am ordering a new Bronco, and I don't plan to sell it for a profit. Maybe I'm the only one. That's fine. I don't think that somebody with a keyboard and $100 is entitled and certainly not more worthy to make money in the car business than dealers that train their mechanics, build facilities and deal with the public all the time. I seem to be the minority here, but here it goes: Let the dealer sell it and move on with your life. Do what you do to help humanity and make money. My creed: Let people that want Broncos buy them and don't stand in the way.

Sponsored

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WOW, taxes are High in NJ
Try CA!

And I'm in a "low tax rural" area. Just ran the DMV Fee Calculator on a fictitious MY 2021, $50K vehicle, to be purchased on 1 August 2021.

$4,502.00

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you don't want the OBX and will wait for the other one, just move on. In the end they did a reasonable thing by offering it to you, at lease everyone can leave the deal without hurt feelings.

The Memedalorian

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Chevys
Your Bronco Model
Base
As some of you may know from my various posts, I had a reservation placed with a dealer who converted it to an order without my consent. Many attempts to get them to retract this failed, and I was finally able to get my time-stamp transferred to my preferred dealer, but the order was still out there going to the original dealer.

I have been getting notifications of that unit (OuterBanks, 2.3 auto, MIC, Lux, tow, roast cloth,) getting a VIN and build dates well ahead of my final order (Badlands, similar options), and I have gotten duplicate of invitations to Off-Roadeo, the matchbox kits and the infamous Bronco prints.

This morning I actually got a call from that dealer letting me know that, despite my request to cancel the order, it was actually now built and awaiting shipment, and offering to put my name back on it and sell it to me (even at the originally agreed price), if I thought I might want it. I let him know that I have known about the status as Ford still sends the updates to me, but I have to give them kudos for this as I know they will be able to sell this "in a minute" for well more than MSRP. They wanted to give me 24 hours to think about it.

My original thought was to buy and resell it, since I am fortunate enough to (supposedly) have one coming in the next few weeks (unless the MIC top fiasco worsens). Now, I'm thinking "Let it go" and hoping someone will enjoy it. They may already have a buyer, since they changed the color from AMB to Ox White. If not, there is probably on opportunity for someone soon, unless I get mercenary about this quickly...
Buy it, resell it. You will make money on it and someone will be happy to have one. WIN WIN.

You will be able to drive it to ANY Ford lot (or competitor!) and get what you want.

Or list it online.

kerry21

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Are you really going to make much profit after sales tax, fees, and a month of insurance?

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Try CA!

And I'm in a "low tax rural" area. Just ran the DMV Fee Calculator on a fictitious MY 2021, $50K vehicle, to be purchased on 1 August 2021.

$4,502.00
Damn, Califoristan is crazy!
Sponsored