Sponsored

Compared to a Defender - some general thoughts and concerns.

OP
OP

Smalldog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jK
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Those that think the Defender just can not cut it as an off-roader, check out the editors of Expedition Portal and their podcast on the Defender. Unlike many here posting, he has extensive time off-roading, not just Overlanding (circumnavigated world 3 times). He also has extensive time driving a Defender. To pretend that this vehicle is somehow not capable is just not based in reality.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As I'm not very hopeful about getting my Bronco despite an early order, I've been playing around more with the Defender Build and Price. Seems like I'm running into a issue where if I choose the 110 with the 6-cylinder, I can get pretty much all I want but it's $15k over my Bronco build... or I can choose the 110 with the 4-cylinder and I get *most* of the options I want, and it's within $8-$10k of the Bronco, which would be fine. For those who have actually gotten the Defender or looked into it more:

Are you pretty much paying MSRP, or are the sales people negotiating a bit? Seeing mixed reports, including some that they usually go for a bit more than MSRP.

Seems many thought the i4 was enough - I've only driven the 6. Has anyone tried both and noticed a huge difference?

I think the only thing I'd truly miss is the cooled seats that I can't seem to option with the 4, but I can probably survive with heated only. 😁 Then again, part of me says to splurge and go all out, but I'm trying to be reasonable...

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Damn if that dont look like a bronco !

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here's my base Defender 90.......got a $2,000 discount to boot. Love the Bronco but couldn't wait. When I turn the Defender in, I'll get a Bronco in a few years. Had an '85 Eddie Bauer.....it was great!!

Ford Bronco Compared to a Defender - some general thoughts and concerns. 761CCDC0-4377-4A93-B6C5-94E1DC9AFCDD

Ford Bronco Compared to a Defender - some general thoughts and concerns. 761CCDC0-4377-4A93-B6C5-94E1DC9AFCDD

Nice. How is the 4 cylinder?

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Congrats Barstool, I hope it works out for you. I like the Defender specs, but they are odd looking. Maybe an all black 4 door would look ok. Let us know how it is.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's my base Defender 90.......got a $2,000 discount to boot. Love the Bronco but couldn't wait. When I turn the Defender in, I'll get a Bronco in a few years. Had an '85 Eddie Bauer.....it was great!!
I could never own a LR due the reliability issues (but I hope you have good luck), but I have to say that's a good looking rig in 2dr with the steelies.

Sponsored
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defneder 90
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Congrats Barstool, I hope it works out for you. I like the Defender specs, but they are odd looking. Maybe an all black 4 door would look ok. Let us know how it is.
It'll work out fine........the 4-cylinder has plenty of pep..........towed my 21' camper trailer this weekend with no problem. Put it in sport mode and its even peppier. The amount of different terrain setting, that come standard in the vehicle, are amazing. Add the off-Road Pack and the Advance Capabilities Pack and its easy to see why the Defender is more than capable as a true off-road vehicle. I'm sure, at then end of the day, once the Bronco is finally released, we will all find out that the Defender will be every bit as capable as the Bronco. As far as odd looking, to each their own. I've had enough black cars for one lifetime,,,,,,they look great in the showroom but extremely difficult to keep clean and take care of.

Cheers!!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defneder 90
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I could never own a LR due the reliability issues (but I hope you have good luck), but I have to say that's a good looking rig in 2dr with the steelies.
Thanks bro......The only good thing about California, anymore, are The Lemon Laws. I've unfortunately had to use them a couple of times over the years with GM, Ford and other cars. If I have problems with the vehicle........bye, bye, bye!!!!!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defneder 90
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nice. How is the 4 cylinder?
I was definitely concerned, until Itest drove it. Very peppy, particularly in Sport Mode. Traveling for most of the time at 80+ MPH to Vegas last week , no problem..........you would never know it you were in a 4 banger.........very impressive!

Primm907

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan S, Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks like you did well with $2k off; especially considering the base MSRP for a '22 is already up to $47,700 now! Just built a very similar 90 out that ended up right at $57k. My biggest hesitation is being 2 hours away from the closest dealer...

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really put some time into the reliability concern as I weigh my options, but then I thought about my current Escape, which had the dreaded 2.0L ecoboost failure, so they had to swap the engine which took about two weeks. It's all sort of a roll of the dice. At least if I get a LR, there are a bunch of dealers in the metro area - two which are pretty close.
Sponsored