First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I may have some bad news for you manual sasquatch fans. I got this letter from my contact at Autofair Ford in Manchester NH.
She confirms sasquatch package with manual but goes on to emphasize that they are targeted for LATE 2021.

Good evening Mark,

Great news - I just received an update on the Bronco's:

The Build & Price site will be available to reservation holders in October! (bad news: exact date is unknown to me right now). Once it opens, you will be able to save the completely customizable build information for your dream off-road machine for ordering which will begin in December.

Sasquatch Package will be Available on both 2dr & 4dr Bronco models with manual transmission and this specific combination is targeted to be available late 2021.

I'll be in touch as more information becomes available to me! :)
Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I may have some bad news for you manual sasquatch fans. I got this letter from my contact at Autofair Ford in Manchester NH.
She confirms sasquatch package with manual but goes on to emphasize that they are targeted for LATE 2021.

Good evening Mark,

Great news - I just received an update on the Bronco's:

The Build & Price site will be available to reservation holders in October! (bad news: exact date is unknown to me right now). Once it opens, you will be able to save the completely customizable build information for your dream off-road machine for ordering which will begin in December.

Sasquatch Package will be Available on both 2dr & 4dr Bronco models with manual transmission and this specific combination is targeted to be available late 2021.

I'll be in touch as more information becomes available to me! :)
That bad news was in the ford press release. No new information here

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
Late 2021 is good news to me, as I need some time to adjust my income and budget to handle a payment on a new vehicle.. Early spring might have had me having to forego my reservation and try again in a couple of years, at which point they may kill off the manuals, or even the entire bronco line, if something drastic happens.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Torque is force X radius. What a tire does, in a simplified sense, is converts torque (from the axle shaft) into a driving force at the contact patch. If the radius of the tire increases, then when you divide that out of a fixed torque value, you have less force at the road. This is why we typically offset that with increased torque multiplication at the ring gear (by changing gear ratios).

So, if everything else is equal, you would require more input torque to make a bigger tire break free, in a perfect world, just based on that. But there's obviously a lot of other things that factor in. The bigger tire is heavier. It has a greater inertia as well. So, you have to overcome more to get it rolling. And the extra mass give it maybe fractionally more grip because the weight pushes down more. Maybe.

But another thing to consider is the tread compound. The 35" tires are M/T's, which are likely to have a lower coefficient of friction on pavement than the smaller A/T tires. I know I've witnessed a marked difference between them on damp concrete, the M/T is much more likely to slip. And the smaller still all seasons are probably somewhat stickier too.

Ultimately, the things that factor into determining how much torque it takes to make a tire break away are the tire's coefficient of friction, and the normal load on that tire pushing it down. If those two factors don't change much between sizes, the actual break away torque won't change much. With that said, the larger, heavier tire will still have a more severe fatigue cycle on the axle though.
Thanks for the great design lesson. So, if Ford cared, from a design standpoint, would offering the 2.7 with 4.46 or 4.27 gears instead of 4.7's end up with about the same torque to road as the 2.3. Probably doesn't help since this would cause a whole new batch of complaints.

Sponsored

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the great design lesson. So, if Ford cared, from a design standpoint, would offering the 2.7 with 4.46 or 4.27 gears instead of 4.7's end up with about the same torque to road as the 2.3. Probably doesn't help since this would cause a whole new batch of complaints.
Powertrain matching is a science unto itself. In this case, as I described before, the transmission ratios come into play as well. And they aren't just looking at crawl ratio, but all around performance, driveability, efficiency, etc. They're trying to match the torque curve of the given engine with ratios of the transmission to get overall preferable results.

Going to lower (numerically) gears will decrease the multiplication of torque, because your multiplier is lower. But, at any given point, you might have more torque from the engine to start with, and you'll likely be in a different transmission ratio when you compare m/t to a/t. So it really is inherently more complicated when you start considering multiple variables at once. And Ford sure had plenty of variables in this case, with 2 engines, 2 transmissions, 4 or 5 different axle ratios and 4 or 5 different tire sizes. So, I'm not sure I could give you a good answer...

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Mansquatch availability delay to 2022 model year may be solely based on
but does it come with the FE only because of SAS?
Does what come with the First edition because of Sasquatch?? Sorry, I'm confused.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

but does it come with the FE only because of SAS?
The FE comes with the 2.7 because the FE has every available upgrade. Sasquatch has nothing to do with either engine.

Sponsored

grmmylpa

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 F150, 2020 Ranger Crew Cab,
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So, apparently when we all received an education as to what "By September" meant earlier in this month to explain that this included the entire month of September, they left out the part that "By September" also includes October! Interesting interpretation.
Oh well, I guess I'd rather wait and have it function smoothly (Hopefully!) than to have it before it's ready!!

Kuze

Wildtrak
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G63
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

He literally says "you are heard" about everything ?
That's fine as long as Ford does right by us. I had to tweet him twice to answer me, but I get what you're saying and its annoying!

Andy6GRealG

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

what are you talkig about willis?

NO ... of course you do NOT need a reservation to use B&P

Goto Ford.com now and build any vehicle you want. You don't need a reservation to do it.
So I am looking more and more right with what they are saying because how popular the response was to the Bronco concerning not reservation holders being allowed to work the B&P in October. Please read the attached post from the Detroit Times. They don’t want another reveal night to occur so I truly think Ford is only letting reservation holders into the B&P and my next prediction will be that it’s alloyed by the time stamp lol hahaha

4F2D7073-A2C9-4AE2-A7A2-7F4A8AE355EC.png
Sponsored