Sponsored

Considering buying new 2024 Bronco, thoughts on quality issues and problems?

Doc TOC

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition Max, Fusion Hybrid, HD Road King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
YOU have to decide if this is the vehicle that meets YOUR intended needs.
Our needs and wants and tolerances and financial budgets are not yours.
You're just building up apprehension without perspective.

Go out and experience the vehicle.
If you can't find the gumption to do that, then don't buy it and move on.

Test drive. Test drive. Test drive.

You have several dealerships in your area. Find a dealership with some used ones. Those are the ones to test drive and examine.
And take it for a real test drive. Tell them if you can't, you're not buying from them. A good salesman is not afraid to earn your money.
If they don't want to, move on.

Get on the interstate and hit YOUR cruising speed.
Go to a parking lot and drive over some wheel stops and/or curbs.
If you're getting a 4 door, sit in the 2nd row while the salesman drives back. And talk to him so you know if the road noise is an issue for you. (It's not for most.)
Play with the display and crank the music.
Act like it's your vehicle, because it will be.
Crawl underneath. Crawl in the way back. Open the hood and check the oil.
Ask the salesman to take the roof panels off, or put down the soft top.

Make them show you that you don't have to worry about owning the vehicle.

You can also look online at private sales like autotrader.com. Call the seller and ask why they are selling it.

Walk up to an owner in a parking lot and ask them what they think.

Many members come here to vent, get over their personal frustration, and get redirected. It's what these forums help owners with. But you cannot assume that is your life.
Sponsored

RNC

Base
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have 42,000+ miles on my 2022 Basesquatch. I have had no major issues with the car. However, for what it is, it is over priced, at MSRP. It was a price I was willing to pay. Production cost cutting measure are obvious throughout the car. The trim pieces are brittle plastic junk. The steering wheel airbag cover cracks if you use the horn. The "weather Tech" style floor mats are thin. I wore a hole through the drivers mat around at 30,000 miles.
The Apple Car play Syncs only when it feels like it. That seems to be about 50% of the time.
It's noisy, even with the hard top. It leaks at the rear hatch. Sometimes I get a drip through the top seam on the passenger side. I have my doubts about the long term durability of the hard top material.
No mechanical or drivability issues, so far. As far as road noise, squeaks, rattles and vibrations, my expectations are low. It is not a luxury car.
When it comes to maintenance, repairs and accessories, I find the Ford Techs have little experience with the Bronco, and while generally capable, they are a bit slow on the uptake. They do not impress me.
Accessories for the Bronco, especially the 2 door are scarce, and over priced. The market just isn't big enough yet to benefit from competition.
Still, I'm happy I bought it. It's fun to own and drive, and it's a keeper. Thankfully, I got mine at MSRP, and before the crazy price increases. The 24 month wait was a drag, but that was the market, at the time.

Edit;

Forgot to add that I needed a new steering rack at 32,000 miles. Never had heavy off-roading.

Last edited:

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey all,
I’m working a deal with my local dealer on a 24 4dr Badlands and I wanted some opinions before I pull the trigger. After reading some threads here I’m a little concerned about quality issues and problems. Anybody care to share their thoughts? I love the bronco but a little spooked by the various problems. Roof noises, electrical gremlins, etc seem to be common. Thanks for the input.
Many if not most of the issues talked about on this site are related to things like the roof, interior plastic, and such. Some even *itch and moan over stuff like not having a white top or lighted vanity mirrors! The Bronco is NOT a luxury vehicle, and any vehicle with a removable top is going to have issues fixed roof vehicles don't. My Bronco is 2 years and has been 100% reliable, no issues related to driving. I did have a well known issue with windows snagging on the weather stripping when opening the doors. This is related to an adjustment with the windows (I did it myself). If you like the Bronco and what it is, by all means get it. Its not perfect but there is a lot of good.

Sponsored

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just crossed 15,000 miles on my Bronco. Zero problems.

Best vehicle I have ever owned.
I just asked for my Toyota Land Cruiser deposit back, because I love the Bronco so much-no real issues. I was not sure when I bought the Bronco what to expect due to all the comments on this forum that freaked me out-do not let that spook you,,

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's a combination of the luck of the draw of getting one with minimal or no defects and how you treat the vehicle. I find quite a few people are rougher than others on things so it will depend how you treat it also. We love our 2022 2 door Basesquatch and it has been treated well, is gently driven and well cared for. We don't slam the doors, we get in it gently, take it off road gently, don't park near anyone, all stock no mods, keep it clean and waxed and in the garage. Yes it has had a few defects and recalls but they are fixed. I do my own oil changes and tire rotations and inspect the underneath often. We have had no real main issues with it and it such a cool vehicle to own and very fun to drive. It' a rare keeper for us, we hope it lasts a long time.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go drive one. Road test it first. See how you like it. First, and foremost, it's not a cookie cutter crossover that caters to passengers. Not a luxury SUV. Doesnt have 28 cup holders like a Subaru. I'm not turning you away from it, but some think because they have a high price tag, they should be as refined as an Audi or Benz with no road noise and top of the line interior materials.

What the Bronco is, is a purpose built offroad SUV with a removeable top. A niche vehicle. And it is a an absolute blast.

I have a 22 Badlands with soft top, and the MGV with washout interior. Seats are super comfortable. Wind noise is negligible, unless I'm driving at highway speeds with a crosswind. My manual transmission does make noise at cold start when its around 50 degrees outside. My front pinion seal is leaking. Big deal. New cars have problems.

So! If you want an offroad vehicle and dont mind wind noise and tire noise, and want to have fun, or just cruise topless, do it. They are flat out swesome no matter what you intend to do.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey all,
I’m working a deal with my local dealer on a 24 4dr Badlands and I wanted some opinions before I pull the trigger. After reading some threads here I’m a little concerned about quality issues and problems. Anybody care to share their thoughts? I love the bronco but a little spooked by the various problems. Roof noises, electrical gremlins, etc seem to be common. Thanks for the input.
Bronco has compromises compared to other dedicated street vehicles. But if you are getting good use from the key functionalities that make it different and special, such as taking the top off/down, exploring using the off-road components, then those street compromises will matter a lot less.

Or as they say on a show called "The Bachelor", you should buy a Bronco for "the right reasons". :)

You'll be a lot more satisfied with the vehicle if you are getting a lot of use from the functionalities that make it different from a regular car/SUV. If you're on top of some mountain trail enjoyable an awesome view from your Bronco, you won't care so much about some street wind noise or a few drops of water leaking in.

OP
OP

Ckochese

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good stuff. Thanks for all the input. I’ve owned way more new cars than I should over the years and this will be my first ford in the last decade. I’ve had 4 jeeps and I’m currently coming out of a bmw x5. Before that was a Tahoe and a few Silverado pickups. I grabbed the bronco from the dealer for an overnight so I can cruise it a bit. Nice to hear what others have to say before pulling the trigger. And yes, the forums are littered with disgruntled buyers of all kinds. Also tons of great people. Appreciate it.

Sponsored

bgcfman

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Honda Accord, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This forum is loaded with all sorts of issues, problems,bitches and moans. Having said that, you will also find lots of love for these vehicles. If you’re concerned about this truck, then you might be better off looking at something else.
I have 21 Badlands 4 door, and no problems as of this time. It has approximately 25K mileage. It’s a soft top, and noise level is acceptable.

Quicklime

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch 2 Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey all,
I'm up to 28,600+ miles since December 8, 2022. Zero has gone wrong. I do tell people to not get a Bronco unless it has the Sasquatch package. Also get the 2.7. It's a beast, and in everyday driving it loafs along with all that power. Plus it's direct AND port injected so you don't have to worry about carbon build up or fuel dilution like the 2.3.

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like any vehicle there are going to be a percentage that have issues no matter who makes them. That said I've had zero issues with my Bronco to date knock on wood.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First, the Bronco is not an SUV. It is an off-road vehicle that is approved for road use. Second, this site also has a few folks who have complained the turn signal indicator is too loud. That pretty much sums it up.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good stuff. Thanks for all the input. I’ve owned way more new cars than I should over the years and this will be my first ford in the last decade. I’ve had 4 jeeps and I’m currently coming out of a bmw x5. Before that was a Tahoe and a few Silverado pickups. I grabbed the bronco from the dealer for an overnight so I can cruise it a bit. Nice to hear what others have to say before pulling the trigger. And yes, the forums are littered with disgruntled buyers of all kinds. Also tons of great people. Appreciate it.
I have a '22 Badlands Moar Door, Lux, No Sasquatch. When it finally arrived, I kept my Silverado for an additional 18 months until I was sure I could take the Bronco as my daily ride. I finally sold the Silverado just two weeks ago, and the Bronco is now full-time. It's not perfect for everything, but it excels where others don't even compete. In my ideal world, I'd have a Ranger and a two-door Bronco. Highway driving is the most questionable part of ownership. You need to decide on a hard or soft top for yourself. My ideal top is a unicorn that does not exist for the Bronco. Ford made many promises early on about the Mod top, and even that was not my ideal, but It would beat what's on the market now.

Must have's:
Running boards or Mud flaps, take your pick
Ford OEM wash-out mats. The Badlands rubber floor requires specifics in a mat that Ford nailed unless you get leather wich then you get carpet (no thanks)

Coming out of a BMW, Get the Lux package and the big motor. Skip the Leather; the VInyl is actually pretty sweet.
Sponsored