Sponsored

Constructive Feedback for Ford Regarding Long Delays and Frustrated Fans [CLOSED DUE TO POLITICS]

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes e400 cab, edge titanium, ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Point taken, GotWake. But from everything I've read from buyers, the majority of their frustration doesn't stem from impatience (although some does). It comes largely from Ford's lack of communication or communicating incorrect information. Right or wrong, people have been making plans based upon EDDs (selling vehicles, applying for loans, etc.). Also, there is no one "DEMANDING" Ford does anything. I think we all know full well that they are in complete control, but that doesn't mean we can't share our viewpoint on how they can improve our experience, right? Afterall, we're the customer and if they don't listen to us, at some point they'll be without us. I understand why Ford doesn't jump on these forums and discuss their decision making. Decisions like why they have prioritized the vehicles on the production lines over those that have been parked for months. I'm certain they have a perfectly reasonable explanation about how it will cost them substantially more to halt production to allocate chips to Dirt Mountain rather than complete the one that's on the line and they don't want to put up with the aggravation of responding to people in this forum. My suggestions were more about communication to individuals about their particular vehicle production. It has been poor at best and they have options to mend fences with loyal customers that are beginning to turn their backs on a brand they held in high regard. I don't hold out much hope that these suggestions are being reviewed by Ford, but writing them was cathartic.

Lastly, the formula shortage had absolutely nothing to do with supply chain issues. That was a disaster caused by Brandon and his buddies.

There not going to have problem with customers. Sure some might decide to buy something else, another will be there to take his/her place. This vehicle is pretty much a luxury item. Not many people need to have this vehicle, they want it because they like it.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The problem isn't impatience, it's FoMoCo's inability to communicate anything.

Every single person with a reservation should have an estimated build date.

Honestly, anyone with an order more than 30 days old should have an estimated build date (reservation or not). Even if that date is simply "based on current backlog, we anticipate building your Bronco in October of 2022" or an even more generic 4th quarter of 2022.

Ford should also be able to clearly communicate their backlog. Even if it's in fairly large blocks like quarters: I.e. 3rd quarter 2020, 78,000 reservations 73% built, 4th quarter 2020 16,000 reservations 53% etc.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
not saying you can't come up with suggestions here but ford seems unwilling or unable to adapt to the current problems- i'm on my third EDD for this august and it's based on nothing- just another 90 day delay. i don't think they are able to adapt to or care much about the individual customer's experience very much. I have accepted this and just tell myself i'll see my jan build sometime at end of 22 or early 23.

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes e400 cab, edge titanium, ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
not saying you can't come up with suggestions here but ford seems unwilling or unable to adapt to the current problems- i'm on my third EDD for this august and it's based on nothing- just another 90 day delay. i don't think they are able to adapt to or care much about the individual customer's experience very much. I have accepted this and just tell myself i'll see my jan build sometime at end of 22 or early 23.
That what I’m telling myself. I’m good with getting a 2023.

mobroncogal

Outer Banks
First Name
sherry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep grand cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sold my car a few months ago thinking I would have my Bronco my then. Now having to rent a car. Ford has missed every deadline. I have been pushed back so many times I cant even count. My dealer cant tell me a thing. He knows about as much as I do. Car prices have gone way up since I sold my vehicle. Cant buy anything comparable to my old car. I loved the Bronco from the first time I saw that is was being built again. Dont know how much longer I can wait. I am so close yet so far. It has been built months ago waiting to be shipped. The thing is Ford knows if I back out of my Bronco someone else will come and snatch it up. They have nothing to lose nor do they care. I have called and called and called Ford every time they have given me a date. Never happens.

Sponsored

mobroncogal

Outer Banks
First Name
sherry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep grand cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
did you receive the ' Built ' email from Ford ? - saying ' Your Vehicle Has Been Built '

when did you get the ' Built ' email ?
My vehicle was built on 3/19 its kind of hard to remember since it was pushed back a couple of times.

mobroncogal

Outer Banks
First Name
sherry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep grand cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
okay, you had 3/19 Blend date

if Ford didn't send you the email saying ' Your Vehicle Has Been Built ' , then it might be waiting for a part or something

there've been some rumors that Ford will use 3-weeks in July to finish Builds stuck on ' Hold ' - and recent news which support these July fix rumors

it's crazy - first they put us thru the ' Scheduling ' torture/lottery - and then they put us thru the ' Production ' torture/lottery
Sorry I didnt explain that very well. I did finally get a Your Vehicle Has Been Built. A couple of weeks later I think. Its completed ready to come home to me.. LOL If I look on the Ford Web Site it says waiting to be shipped. Been stuck there since the build. They keep saying now there are shipping delays.
Sponsored