Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 BMW M2, '18 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It happened! Up here in Seattle this is a common concern but I didn't think it would happen to me. Getting ready to leave for work yesterday morning and I find my Bronco where I left it but there's some glass on the ground. I also own the Subaru which is why I'm parked so close but I was desperately hoping the glass belonged to the Subaru.

20211223_083448~2.jpg

Unfortunately it did not. They smashed the passenger glass, went through the glove box and anywhere else they thought I might have something hidden. They made off with a few things but most of all, they got my spirit. This ruined me.

20211223_083616.jpg
20211223_083812.jpg

Here's the thing. Like an idiot I left some of my gear from my last trip in the back. They bypassed beer, compressor, air down kit, jet boil, plenty of hand tools, parka, and other seemingly useful equipment and took a empty duffle bag from the back.

All morning I was asking myself, why couldn't they just be decent enough people to just cut a back panel or better yet just remove the damn thing. I was so pissed but after spending hours trying to figure out all the insurance I had to get to work and get somewhere to vacuum out all the glass. While driving to work I noticed one more thing. Not only did they smash the glass but they actually did cut the rear panel..

20211223_122930.jpg

My family is happy and healthy and I can replace most of what was taken so I'll try really hard to not let this bring me down this weekend but this was not the way I was hoping to spend Christmas.

Be smart and safe and have a great holiday!
So sorry to hear! People are the worst!

also, who TF leaves behind the Bodhi?!
Sponsored

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It may be hard to find out but with a license plate I would be VERY tempted to try and get an address for that asshole. In college a friend of mine and I served as the “on-site” managers for a crappy apartment building. There were a series of break in’s to cars in the garage (mine included). The break ins went on repeatedly over a few weeks. One day we got a call from one of the tenants because there was a cat making all kinds of racket in the apartment next door to them. There were no pets allowed in the building so my friend and I used the key to the apartment in order to rescue the cat. Apparently they had gone out of town and hadn’t left it any food or water. When we entered the apartment I saw the keys to my grandparents home along with a bunch of other items that they had obviously stolen. Of course we knew the police were not going to do anything and since two of the three people living there were female a good ole fashion beating was out of the question. So what we decided to do was to empty their ENTIRE apartment, furniture and all!! We had the keys to a large storage room across the hall but it was still a pain in the ass. But oh was it worth it. When they got back they came to the “on site” managers to report that their apartment had been broken in to and that they had been robbed!! We told them they should call the police (which they couldn’t because they were low life shitbags) handed them the eviction notice for having a pet, closed the door and high five’d. Best feeling ever! After they moved out which only took 5 min because they had nothing to move we posted a notice in the lobby that people who had their cars broke in to could come to the storage room to recover their stolen items. The rest of the stuff we gave away to other tenants or had hauled away. To this day probably one of my favorite stories because it is rare that these pieces of shit ever face consequences for their actions.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a soft top jeep owner for 8+yrs, I do not lock my jeep nor will they find anything of value that isn't secured to the jeep. I would rather them open the door than break glass or slash the top. Granted, idiots will still do damage like slashing the top. In my case 8yrs ago, thieves actually stole my soft top windows, doors, front/rear bumper , seat covers, spare tire and some other items. All were stock items and probably sold very quickly. This was in a gated condo community in FL. Since then everything placed on my jeep has been well thought out and has some form of security to it to hopefully encourage them to move onto the next car.

Problem I have now is reminding the wife to keep items out of her Bronco.

Torque

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So sorry that happened to you. An act like this feels like a violation. I would also encourage talking to the deck owners about hiring at least a private company do do a drive through every few hours at night. If your complex is large enough its a reasonable request. Just being seen (security) is often enough to deter acts like these.

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

People suck.

If it's in los it is a target, especially in a bronco or jeep. You shouldn't have to but my rule is if it is left unsupervised for any duration I remove equipment and hide anything visible, even change and other things. Don't give people a reason..

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any ideas on rigging the rear camera for a soft top ??
I would recommend putting the rear camera on the angled C pillar (where there are pre-installed bolt receivers) and this way with top up or down, hard or soft, you are good to go.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It happened! Up here in Seattle this is a common concern but I didn't think it would happen to me. Getting ready to leave for work yesterday morning and I find my Bronco where I left it but there's some glass on the ground. I also own the Subaru which is why I'm parked so close but I was desperately hoping the glass belonged to the Subaru.

20211223_083448~2.jpg

Unfortunately it did not. They smashed the passenger glass, went through the glove box and anywhere else they thought I might have something hidden. They made off with a few things but most of all, they got my spirit. This ruined me.

20211223_083616.jpg
20211223_083812.jpg

Here's the thing. Like an idiot I left some of my gear from my last trip in the back. They bypassed beer, compressor, air down kit, jet boil, plenty of hand tools, parka, and other seemingly useful equipment and took a empty duffle bag from the back.

All morning I was asking myself, why couldn't they just be decent enough people to just cut a back panel or better yet just remove the damn thing. I was so pissed but after spending hours trying to figure out all the insurance I had to get to work and get somewhere to vacuum out all the glass. While driving to work I noticed one more thing. Not only did they smash the glass but they actually did cut the rear panel..

20211223_122930.jpg

My family is happy and healthy and I can replace most of what was taken so I'll try really hard to not let this bring me down this weekend but this was not the way I was hoping to spend Christmas.

Be smart and safe and have a great holiday!
I feel for you n ur family, it's a violation... F-ing dirtbags ruin so much!!! Best to you and yours....

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Man. As if life isn't hard enough. So much for worrying about soft top security.... Didn't they know they didn't need to break anything.....?

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Video or not, Seattle PD ain't going to do anything... And I used to work for the City. They just don't have the resources to chase petty crime. When they do, the City Attorney just drops all the cases. The City can't even keep the County Courthouse safe which is within the City.
So ture brother, we all know who's to blame for that up here.😉

ocnorBdroF1202

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC 1500 SLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah I removed everything from inside and just rolled the rest of the windows down last night. No one was sleeping in it this morning so I guess that a good thing.
To drop my comprehensive insurance deductible from $500 to $100 it's only like $12/month...went through too many smash & grabs between San Antonio & Dallas...seems the closer to the border, the more it happens...

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a regular occurrence in any city really. We have it a lot here in Honolulu. It sucks and that's why we keep our cars pretty much empty. Pack it for the day and unpack it at the end of the day. Nothing left in it except documentation, shopping bags, work shoes, window shade and some loose change. No tools, just standard emergency roadside stuff. Everything out of sight all the time. So much homeless around us that they break your window for loose change.

No stress, just fix the window add a new panel and on to the next thing. When you have nice stuff, something is bound to happen like this. Just think of it as they need the stuff more than you do... so this is your giving story for the holidays! lol

Bummer but don't let it spoil the festivities! Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.