Sponsored

Constructive Feedback for Ford Regarding Long Delays and Frustrated Fans [CLOSED DUE TO POLITICS]

GABronco11

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Loredo
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As one of the frustrated, I considered venting here in hopes someone at Ford would hear me. I know that's unlikely and the feedback we get from Ford on this board is generally just a "We hope you love your Bronco as much as we do" response to a lucky customer who took delivery and posted a pic. They probably have an intern posting positive responses and ignoring any negative feedback. So I though we could create a place where we can offer Ford some constructive feedback on things they can do to keep buyers engaged and excited for their delivery instead of pissed off that it's taking so long and we keep getting pushed back. Here are my top 5, in no particular order:

1. Communicate - tell us what's going on. Your poor customer service reps have no idea what's happening with our vehicles. They can only tell us "what's on the screen." The dealers don't know anything either and they keep telling us to contact the other. If it's bad news, tell us. Don't make up arbitrary EDDs and then miss those dates time and time again (I'm on my 5th EDD), which leads me to #2.
2. Under promise and over deliver - if you think the vehicle will be ready in June if the next shipment of chips arrives, don't tell me it will be ready in June UNTIL the chips arrive. The EDDs you give your customers are a promise and you're upsetting your raving fans with many broken promises.
3. Acknowledge that you are costing your customers money and do something about it. I have read dozens of posts about people having to repair vehicles they planned to have already traded in, buy a bridge vehicle because they expected their Bronco months ago, and people losing their lower interest rate loan because the vehicle wasn't delivered when they told it would be. Anyone financing their Bronco will be paying a fair amount more with interest rate hikes. Jump in and help these people out, Ford. Provide an option through your finance arm to finance their Bronco at rates they could have gotten when they ordered their vehicle.
4. Prioritize existing orders and operate on a first in first out basis. I understand it is much more efficient to complete a Bronco that is already on the production line rather than take the chips from that build and go to the lot and finish those that have been sitting for months, but you've got to make that decision. Alternatively, find the longest standing "like" build and send that finished vehicle to that buyer. Send them a message saying that they now have a new VIN but it is a brand new vehicle coming off the line. I know I would love to get that message as I'm really worried about the integrity of a vehicle that has sat untouched in the elements for months on end.
5. Don't make people complain before you do the right thing. I've heard that you allowed dealers to extend a $1,000 allowance to buyers who had an extended wait time on their Bronco. That allowance could be used for accessories or warranty or future service. Dealers were either instructed to or took upon themselves not to mention this to buyers and only use that when there was an aggravated customer. Let me tell you - we're all pretty aggravated but not all of us will jump all over the poor sales rep or customer service rep. It's not their fault, Ford, it's yours. Make any program like this one or the $100 gift card to the Ford accessories shop something you do for everyone who is waiting.

Post your ideas for Ford... let's see if anyone is listening.
Sponsored

DSRTR8D

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You already know what’s going on:

-There’s a chip and parts shortage.

-They build the optimum number of vehicles that provides the greatest yield (meaning, you have a better chance of getting yours built if your particular order is something they can produce now).

-The situation is fluid. If the roof rack is holding up your build, but then they receive 200, you move up the queue.

Last edited:

Dezertrider20158

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger Sport 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

99% of the problems with the bronco roll out could be mitigated with better communication. With today's technology there should be no excuses.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
As one of the frustrated, I considered venting here in hopes someone at Ford would hear me. I know that's unlikely and the feedback we get from Ford on this board is generally just a "We hope you love your Bronco as much as we do" response to a lucky customer who took delivery and posted a pic. They probably have an intern posting positive responses and ignoring any negative feedback. So I though we could create a place where we can offer Ford some constructive feedback on things they can do to keep buyers engaged and excited for their delivery instead of pissed off that it's taking so long and we keep getting pushed back. Here are my top 5, in no particular order:

1. Communicate - tell us what's going on. Your poor customer service reps have no idea what's happening with our vehicles. They can only tell us "what's on the screen." The dealers don't know anything either and they keep telling us to contact the other. If it's bad news, tell us. Don't make up arbitrary EDDs and then miss those dates time and time again (I'm on my 5th EDD), which leads me to #2.
2. Under promise and over deliver - if you think the vehicle will be ready in June if the next shipment of chips arrives, don't tell me it will be ready in June UNTIL the chips arrive. The EDDs you give your customers are a promise and you're upsetting your raving fans with many broken promises.
3. Acknowledge that you are costing your customers money and do something about it. I have read dozens of posts about people having to repair vehicles they planned to have already traded in, buy a bridge vehicle because they expected their Bronco months ago, and people losing their lower interest rate loan because the vehicle wasn't delivered when they told it would be. Anyone financing their Bronco will be paying a fair amount more with interest rate hikes. Jump in and help these people out, Ford. Provide an option through your finance arm to finance their Bronco at rates they could have gotten when they ordered their vehicle.
4. Prioritize existing orders and operate on a first in first out basis. I understand it is much more efficient to complete a Bronco that is already on the production line rather than take the chips from that build and go to the lot and finish those that have been sitting for months, but you've got to make that decision. Alternatively, find the longest standing "like" build and send that finished vehicle to that buyer. Send them a message saying that they now have a new VIN but it is a brand new vehicle coming off the line. I know I would love to get that message as I'm really worried about the integrity of a vehicle that has sat untouched in the elements for months on end.
5. Don't make people complain before you do the right thing. I've heard that you allowed dealers to extend a $1,000 allowance to buyers who had an extended wait time on their Bronco. That allowance could be used for accessories or warranty or future service. Dealers were either instructed to or took upon themselves not to mention this to buyers and only use that when there was an aggravated customer. Let me tell you - we're all pretty aggravated but not all of us will jump all over the poor sales rep or customer service rep. It's not their fault, Ford, it's yours. Make any program like this one or the $100 gift card to the Ford accessories shop something you do for everyone who is waiting.

Lay some blame on your fellow citizens, who went off the deep end with COVID fear, and wanted the world shutdown. Pandora's box was opened, and now we live in a world where shutdowns/restrictions are an accepted thing, with resulting impact on production.

Expect more COVID related delays, especially heading into next winter season. Not sure how Ford sending emails or whatever will make any of it better. It is what it is.

Sponsored

osoblanco

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a good thought and articulated well, but Ford really doesn't seem to be very adaptable. It doesn't seem like there were any lessons learned from Ice Mountain that very easily could have been applied to Dirt Mountain or any subsequent mountains to avoid potential issues.

DSRTR8D

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lay some blame on your fellow citizens, who went off the deep end with COVID fear, and wanted the world shutdown. Pandora's box was opened, and now we live in a world where shutdowns/restrictions are an accepted thing, with resulting impact on production.

Expect more COVID related delays, especially heading into next winter season. Not sure how Ford sending emails or whatever will make any of it better. It is what it is.
For certain…. They already brought back masks at MAP.

JCook

Outer Banks
First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford please develop a program for me to come pick my Bronco up at the plant and drive it home. Knowing it is built and waiting on shipping is soooo tough. I would be happy to come to you to get it and happy to take to my dealer for final inspection when I get home.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The lower rate financing sounds like a good idea. Make it happen Ford!
Sounds like a lot of people are either paying cash or financing through a C.U. Offering a decent rate through Ford financing would probably go a long way in changing peoples opinion of Ford right now.
I understand that not everything has been within Fords control but the communication part is 100% on Ford. And they have disappointed at an alarming rate.
I'm no financial pro but I would think they would make more offering competitive interest rate loans over people financing elsewhere. And quite a few pissed off customers would stop roasting them on the interwebs

Sponsored

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I don't think it's a problem with Ford sending emails. It's what they put in the emails.
Like, Congratulations on your Badlands, looks like yours will be an early 2022 build.
Or, here's your vin and build week. But then find out the build week has changed 4 times with no communication.
I'd prefer no email over another email with a meaningless production date.

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Instead, we need “ constructive feedback on how to deal with long delays for customers“.

I’ve got a few. First, when bad things cause a domino effect in the supply chain causing major delays in production, shipping and workforce shortage. It’s going to result in you not getting things quickly. I know this adds stress. But, you are an adult. You don’t have to get everything immediately. You DEMANDING companies to “DO SOMETHING“ doesn’t mean you will get your product faster. Them sending out information about how they have no clue on supply constraints isn’t going to help you either.

People need to use their not so common sense and understand that we can’t even find baby formula.

tallboy33

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would like to see a "page hit counter" on the backdoor reservation link so I can see how many times I've been disappointed.

Also, put a random "Hang in there" themed message on the backdoor link so I can see something actually change.

Also, Make the backdoor link my actual Orders and Reservations link. Why the hidden secret link?

Yeah, I don't ask for much.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They’ve fixed most of the issues in subsequent vehicle launches. Maverick/Lightning works much better.

mtheawesomeone

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still don't have my Bronco that I reserved day 2 and ordered immediately which is definitely a bummer. That said, I still understand that the world had a pandemic which affected everything. Hard to say Americans overreacted with our death count over 1M currently and globally much more but whatever, yell at the sky I guess about how unfair the world is that you don't have your vehicle yet. If only we had let a few more grandmas die I could be driving with my top off right now!

Didn't expect to give my opinion on baby formula today on bronco6g but hell, I'll bite. I try to avoid political talk on this forum but this one hits a button for me since I was just locating formula for my cousins newborn last week. This is the best explanation I have found so far on that new awesome shortage that is just the next one in the long line of shortages in the pandemic even when the last guy was in office, remember toilet paper, eggs, and even PBJ Uncrustables?

Formula shortage:

"Basically, this is a story about monopolies. The baby formula market in the US is highly concentrated, with the top 2 producers (Abbott and Mead Johnson) producing 80% of formula, and the top 3 (including Nestle) producing 98%. Abbott shut down its main production facility in Sturgis, Michigan and issued a recall due to a bacteria contamination back in February. The Abbott factory in Sturgis was a monopoly producer of several specialized formulas, leading to shortages in those particular brands.
However, the problem is not that there isn't enough formula being produced in the US. Specialty formulas aside, the FDA has confirmed that US manufacturers are producing enough supply overall to meet demand. In fact, the industry as a whole sold more total formula in April (the last month we have data for) than it did the month before the recall. Rather, the real problem has to do with how formula gets distributed in the US and how monopolies have created artificial scarcity in many states.
There are two key facts here. First, the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women Infants and Children (or WIC) program is the single largest buyer of baby formula in the US, with roughly half of all women in the US who need baby formula getting it through WIC.
Second, Abbott (the company that had to shut down its Sturgis facility) is the monopoly provider of baby formula for the WIC program in 34 states. Crucially, WIC works on a sole-source (i.e., monopoly provider) contract system. Basically, every US state accepts sole-source contract bids from companies to be the exclusive provider of baby formula for that state's WIC program.
The result of these two facts together is that half of all women buying formula in the US are locked in to a brittle system without choices, and if the WIC monopoly provider in their state stops production for any reason, even if other companies could provide formula, states can wind up without enough formula, a problem that is only aggravated by the fact that people on WIC aren’t allowed to buy other brands of formula through the WIC program.
TL;DR: Half of women get formula through WIC, and more than 2/3 of all state WIC programs rely on a monopoly producer whose production was recently shut down, creating a perfect storm for starving babies."
Sponsored