Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've got some sasquatch wheels/tires that I'm getting put on my Base on Friday, but in trying to remove the crash bars I found that they won't budge. Has anyone else had this problem?

For reference, I'm using both a 15mm combination wrench and the Bronco toolkit wrench with a 15mm bit on it. No luck on either.
Sponsored

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What Paul said. You need better tools. I had to use a breaker bar to get mine loose. You need that torque! Make sure you’ve got some knuckle padded gloves too. That’ll save you some swear words.

I don’t know what your workspace looks like but turning the wheel outward gave me some extra room to work with. If you had access to a swing arm lift it would make it much easier.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
1/2 inch drive 6 point socket, ratchet and/or Breaker Bar.

Sponsored

Jpursuit

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 f250 king ranch 4wd, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like you got the answer already. Remove or turn the wheel to gain access. Remove the bottom clips on the fender liner behind tire. I used an 18" breaker bar and a 1/2" drive 6 point socket to start loosening those bolts. They are real tight. If that's not enough then you may still need to put a short piece of 1 1/2" (pvc or iron) pipe over the end of the breaker bar to gain additional leverage.

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As others have said, "Breaker bar". I highly recommend getting a 24 inch Tekton if you can, they're on Amazon. If there's an O'Reilly's near you the good ones are on sale.

You can also order one off Amazon that'll do the trick.

I used this one to get the bolts out of the Crash Bar socket to install my mudflaps: Tekton

Eazy Peazy.

The 18 inch ones will work, but you may end up like me and needing more leverage later on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dhut2022

dhut2022

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks all, spot on! Borrowed a longer torque wrench from a neighbor and was able to get the front crash bars off. I might have to get a shorter bit for the back bars as the underside cover is blocking me off.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Borrowed a longer torque wrench from a neighbor...
Yikes, you shouldn't be using a torque wrench to break anything free. I'd be pissed if you borrowed my $100+ torque wrench for that purpose.
Sponsored