Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe at some dealers but from my reputable dealer says if you cancel before the VIN is created the order is canceld and not built...
No dealer stock unit..

No harm no foul...

I’m sure some of the questionable dealers will use this to sell stock units..
I would think any dealer that projects to be under the 20% limit on Broncos going to those other than who ordered them would keep the order in. Why wouldn’t they? Ford set the 20% rule and they will have the firm allocation by then.
Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would think any dealer that projects to be under the 20% limit on Broncos going to those other than who ordered them would keep the order in. Why wouldn’t they? Ford set the 20% rule and they will have the firm allocation by then.
Not sure...
Just going by what my dealer said. If a customer wants to cancel their order before VIN creation, the order will be canceled with Ford.
I’m sure some dealers will want to play the game to increase their sales and grease their pockets...

Whatever trips their trigger..

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our Ecommitment packet for this month (allocation), had a small note for Bronco

It was listed as "early trends", so could end up differently, but based on my orders I can see these options having issues and this warning coming true when scheduling starts.

Most Restricted commodities:
Wildtrak
2.7L
Full Time 4x4 (advanced 4x4)
Level 2 and 4 equipment groups (mid and lux)
Sasquatch
front locker
Modular front bumper

It also had the recommended order of a 4 door Big bend 2.3L auto with soft top.

They also announced some new Bronco SPORT packages coming out for Big Bend and Outer Banks to get the option package without the moonroof to help with commodity issues, so gives me hope they'll do some things on Bronco if the commodities make scheduling a complete nightmare (33s on OBX would help several of my orders).
Thank you for sharing!

Question not sure if you can answer or if it was already answered in another thread. When we get our tentative build dates in May will it already take into account commodity constraint delays or is it something that has to be factored on top of it? I know the dates we are given will be "good faith estimates" but am curious. My plan was to see where I fall with my build (I have several constraints) and if it was pushed back significantly, I might revaluate changing items on it.

Sean D

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW EOS, Jeep Rubicon, Acura RDX, Yamaha Roadstar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These are just estimates, the options will be available, just that there are more orders coming in with them than production will allow, but many of these I don't see causing problems for most of us. It all depends where you are on the list when scheduling happens, other than 2.7L and Sasquatch (which I think will be a MAJOR problem), most of these won't even be noticed by majority of orders, just as scheduling progresses some options will run out. Last order assigned a vin will be a 2.3L auto 4 door.

So don't get too worried about this list yet (except 2.7L and Sas, Sas in particular I'm doing some soul searching as I think it's going to cause massive delays.

Conversion rate will have nothing to do with commodities. There will be enough conversions to fill the year, it just depends what options are ordered. For 22 once reservations start finishing, I suspect you'll start seeing 2.3L autos on lots while 2.7L Sasquatch reservations remain unfilled.
If Broncos end up on dealer lots, with a 2.3L auto, I wonder if consumers will be eager to purchase? If that is the only option, maybe.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Current commodity lists 1614555353951

I'm can pretty much guarantee that all of the supply chains have been disrupted to some extent and those ripple downstream, becoming critical the closer one gets to launch. By Ford having our pre-orders it will help them allocate resources to build what they can or anticipate shortfalls, but I'm not going to hang them on this one as it is a world-wide issue. It has hit our business units in ways we never imagined, and even if we had, there were no viable alternatives.

Sponsored

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Maybe at some dealers but from my reputable dealer says if you cancel before the VIN is created the order is canceld and not built...
No dealer stock unit..

No harm no foul...

I’m sure some of the questionable dealers will use this to sell stock units..
I'm not throwing the issue 100% at 'bad dealers'. Honestly if people drop their order, they already lost the $100 whether they officially cancel it or not, so I doubt everyone who drops will put in the extra effort.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

All those Badlands orders causing problems

2.7L - Badlands option
Full Time 4x4 (advanced 4x4) - Badlands standard
Level 2 and 4 equipment groups (mid and lux) -Badlands option
Sasquatch -Badlands option
front locker - Badlands standard
Modular front bumper -Badlands standard

Wonder when they are going to just list the Badlands as a constrained trim like the Wildtrak...
If there are too many badlands orders then Ford only has themselves to blame by artificially limiting certain options/packages to BL. I would gladly have ordered a BD 7MT with mid package, but because Ford got greedy, I can only order the mid package on BL. It makes no logical sense that I can order mid with the auto on BD, but not the manual, other than Ford wanted to push more people into higher packages just for the extra profit.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Our Ecommitment packet for this month (allocation), had a small note for Bronco

It was listed as "early trends", so could end up differently, but based on my orders I can see these options having issues and this warning coming true when scheduling starts.

Most Restricted commodities:
Wildtrak
2.7L
Full Time 4x4 (advanced 4x4)
Level 2 and 4 equipment groups (mid and lux)
Sasquatch
front locker
Modular front bumper

It also had the recommended order of a 4 door Big bend 2.3L auto with soft top.

They also announced some new Bronco SPORT packages coming out for Big Bend and Outer Banks to get the option package without the moonroof to help with commodity issues, so gives me hope they'll do some things on Bronco if the commodities make scheduling a complete nightmare (33s on OBX would help several of my orders).
Just more crap to blow up our excitement bubble. I will still wait....but this has been a "let downer".

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just more crap to blow up our excitement bubble. I will still wait....but this has been a "let downer".
Like I've been saying all along, I'll wait until August and see where I stand then. If still a long wait coming, I'll buy something else.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Like I've been saying all along, I'll wait until August and see where I stand then. If still a long wait coming, I'll buy something else.
Just bought a house. My first one! Super excited and I now have a million projects on my to do list. Finally... something to obsess over other than the Bronco

I say all that to say that a delayed Bronco is fine as it always me to use that money on my house projects. An early Bronco is fine too. It just means the house projects get delayed

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As a 2 door Wildtrak with Mid Package reservation holder it just gives me more time to save for the down payment so no biggie here...it’ll arrive when it arrives how I want 😊👍🏻

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If there are too many badlands orders then Ford only has themselves to blame by artificially limiting certain options/packages to BL. I would gladly have ordered a BD 7MT with mid package, but because Ford got greedy, I can only order the mid package on BL. It makes no logical sense that I can order mid with the auto on BD, but not the manual, other than Ford wanted to push more people into higher packages just for the extra profit.
Another reason is the butt ugly interior color combos. Some people picked BL to avoid other interior colors
Sponsored