Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

1701482725041.jpeg

‘’yeah right
Key word here is most, yes there are people who actually use a truck as a truck, congrats but do you think you're really in the majority?
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I’ve seen one in person driving down I-5 and, well, you know how stainless steel refrigerators turn into smudgy turds after like 60 seconds in your house? Same thing here. And that’s not even getting into the N64 five-polygon design.
Remember when Delorean dealers were having to paint them just to get the remaining ones off the lots?

Ford Bronco Cybertruck only $68,890! DeLorean-Painted-In-Red-Ebay-1024x555

I'm sure there will be plenty of wrapped ones running around once they're widely available.

Newdoc

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why is this in "Bronco vs the competition"? That would be the most bizzare cross shopping. IMO, the competition is for those looking at a vehicle that gives them some kind of status. An Subaru Outback is much closer competition for the Bronco than the Cybertruck.

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, Bronco is the exact opposite of Cybertruck.

Bronco = accessories, modifications, ability to self-maintain and repair (to a large degree), open air, a fun American classic, etc. Eventually we'll see v8 swapping in them.

Cybertruck = no mods, no self-repair, dystopian Blade Runner-ish, like an Apple phone that you throw away when the battery is depleted.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Musk is tall so it's gotta be taller than it looks. Getting in it looks like a fiasco.

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford Bronco Cybertruck only $68,890! IMG_1475

Elon knows his loyal followers……..he is literally turning into 1984’s Orwell’ing speaker in front of zombies in Apple’s McIntosh ad.

Sorry, but the Bronco is meant for driving on Earth, not on Mars. His Cyber-nonsense is best served as a prop vehicle from Demolition Man or Total Recall.

Sponsored

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's such a fugly vehicle. It looks like a cheap prop from a 1970s post apocalyptic dystopian TV show. I'd take a Lightning or a Rivian.

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Key word here is most, yes there are people who actually use a truck as a truck, congrats but do you think you're really in the majority?
Here in rural New Hampshire by far most truck owners use their trucks as trucks. Even some of the tricked out vehicles are still used as trucks. Hard to see that with the tiny bed on a $68K rear wheel drive pickup with the capabilities of a Tacoma of 15 years ago.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why is this in "Bronco vs the competition"? That would be the most bizzare cross shopping. IMO, the competition is for those looking at a vehicle that gives them some kind of status. An Subaru Outback is much closer competition for the Bronco than the Cybertruck.
In that case, given all the Broncos bought for status and image, the two actually are competitors. People are buying Sas equiped Broncos for grocery store duty, lol.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Here in rural New Hampshire by far most truck owners use their trucks as trucks. Even some of the tricked out vehicles are still used as trucks. Hard to see that with the tiny bed on a $68K rear wheel drive pickup with the capabilities of a Tacoma of 15 years ago.
All the F-150s sold in suburban Atlanta that are lucky enough to even get a Home Depot run a month far out number the few that actually work in rural NH. I still defend what I said, most trucks don't haul squat and are nothing more than the equivalent of the bloated American luxury cars of yore with the promise of mostly unfilled never ending capabilities.

I have no problem with that, I own a Bronco that has yet to see a trail and probably never will but I don't hold a grudge to those that do or don't use the maximum potential of what they plunk their hard earned money on. I just think it's hilarious that this thing pisses people off so many and in that manner it's already competition to everything out there whether it meets your or my needs or not.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The real problem is consumer acceptance. EV's sales are no where near where they were expected to be and the number of charging stations is what, 10-20% of where they were promised. And of course this....

Hyundai's recall of 82,000 electric cars hit them for about $1B, Toyota recalled 1M EV's, GM recalled every Bolt due to battery issues and Audi also recalled due to batteries. But, Tesla leads the way in recalls for EV's with issues ranging from shoddy workmanship, to software issues.

I like Musk, he is outspoken and takes risks that no one else will take and most of the time it works for him. But keep in mind, Tesla is losing market share (down 7% (2022 compared to 2021)) and will continue the downward trend regardless of government subsidies.
I Kind of like him too most of the time. See him as the modern Howard Hughes. His Starlink and SpaceX is more important to me than Tesla and at times he needs to learn when not to speak since no one in his life tells him no, which is dangerous for anyone.

However, As you point out, EVs are still in infant stage and the drive to push the limits of current battery tech is what leads to the fires I suspect. Tesla build quality is usually trash and that’s a labor and QA issue mixed with the push to get products out the door at any cost. Y’all can have that; I’ll keep my ICE for a bit longer.

EVs will eventually catch up, just not today for anything more than driving around a city or suburbs. Will be a while before I trust one in the woods where I like to roam.
Sponsored