John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm on a Bronco forum because I love the new Ford Bronco and plan on buying one this year to compliment my R1T and my Telsa Model Y. Thanks for asking.

Elon is like Trump, people love to hate him. He speaks his mind with no filter and as a result he has a fanatical following of haters. The fact of the mater is that Elon is not Tesla, any more than Jim Farley is Ford. Tesla has nearly 100,000 employees, most of them Americans that bust their ass everyday to build American made vehicles and keep American jobs.

My earlier point stands: people are sheeple because they believe everything the media (beholden to their big money advertisers) tells them about how Elon is a pariah and Teslas are trash. Throw in the people in this thread that say anyone who drives Tesla cybertruck is effeminate because the Cybertruck can't do "truck stuff".

The build quality on my Model Y is better than any Ford I've owned.

The cybertruck can literally beat a porsche 911 in a drag race towing a porsche 911.

The cybertruck can beat an F350 diesel in a sled pull.

The cybertruck can be run off of electrons from your roof top solar. I spent $5,000/year on gas before I got my R1T. Now I have $5,000/year to spend on other things.

If the cybertruck "can't do truck stuff" then well I guess my Rivian can't do truck stuff either. To me, "truck stuff" is doing things like bringing home sheets of plywood, which are in the back of my R1T as we speak. To me, "truck stuff" is going offroading with my cousins who all have Raptors, which I just did over the holiday. But I guess my R1T still isn't a truck...and by that mater, a Raptor isn't a truck either. So what is a truck MadMan4BamaNATL? Does it have to gulp diesel and drain your wallet and take 10 seconds to get to 60mph?
H Ford the first alienated a whole big group of people by supplying the Nazi apparatus and they switched for several years to buying Cadillacs instead ofincolns
Sponsored

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Musk is the world's biggest DB at this point. I wouldn't buy a Tesla at any price.
Do you base all of your purchases on the CEO of the comapny or just cars?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Uh, actually it is never "speed" that kills. It is sudden deceleration to zero relative velocity that kills but nobody, not the least of which Maverick and Goose has ever said " I feel the need for increasing and sustainable vector velocity acceleration"
LOL, I didn't want to introduce physics and lose some in the explanation. Clearly someone traveling 20 - 50mph over the speed limit has no grasp on physics.

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I'm so surprised that guys on a Bronco forum would trash talk another car manufacturer, especially one that is all electric! (end sarcasm)

What has Ford made lately that has made headlines? Broken the mold? Become insanely profitable?

The Model Y is approaching the best-in-world selling vehicle status for '23. Tesla is the most AMERICAN MADE vehicle when supply chain and component makeup is taken into consideration. Tesla has no Union. Tesla has insane technology, new manufacturing methods (gigapresses, 48v architecture, dry electrode cell chemistry, it's own chip fab), and the biggest neural net in the world. Tesla has $23B in cash & cash equivalents on it's balance sheet. Tesla lead the EV charge and now ALL manufacturers are adopting their charging standard and converting to EV.

But don't let that stop you! Let the hating continue! The cybertruck sucks, it's a flop, Elon is a shame salesmen, all their cars are catching on fire and running people into telephone poles! Tesla is going bankrupt! Sell TSLA!

Meanwhile Ford & GM keep pumping advertising dollars into the newspapers that you are reading endless negative headlines from.

Moral of the story: people are sheeple!
Exactly! Someone commented that it's just a rich boy toy. Looks like you can get a cybertruck for less that the $93,000 Heritage limited edition my local Ford dealer is selling.

Sponsored

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You took the word right out of my mouth!
I'll add two others: Fingerprint Magnet.

I'll stick with my Bronco until a reliable Hydrogen Powered truck arrives on the scene. EV's are a half-baked solution to personal transportation.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’s so F*cking ugly. All EVs are outside of the Type S, Rivian, and lucid that are affordable. The Rimac Nivera is a good looking EV, not my tax bracket though. Don’t think I will ever sign on to a EV as a daily

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Need a garbage can for this thread

Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Uh, actually it is never "speed" that kills. It is sudden deceleration to zero relative velocity that kills but nobody, not the least of which Maverick and Goose has ever said " I feel the need for increasing and sustainable vector velocity acceleration"
I like to tell my med crew, if we lose an engine it won’t be the fall that kills us, it’ll be the sudden stop. Same thing applies to the people I’m scooping up off the highways.

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I wouldn't buy a Cybertruck for the following reasons:

1. The warrantIes on the other Tesla vehicles can be voided if:
a. You hit a pothole
b. Vehicle is driven on a dirt road
(The CT Warranty could be the same)

2. The CT's weight will cause the following:
a. Tires to be replaced more frequently, more so than the Tesla vehicles
b. Suspension will wear quickly
c. The CT will be too heavy to go off-roading/limited usage.

3. Insurance will be expensive

4. Boring Interior for the price

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My coworker currently has a Model Y. He wants the Cybertruck. I tried to talk him into an R1T to no avail, so now I'm pushing him on the Cybertruck so everyone will laugh at him behind his back (AND so I can drive the piss out of it). He thinks it can do anything and everything, so I'd love to let him chase me on some real trails, too. For "research."
If this "research" happens, please YouTube it for all our enjoyment!

Last edited:

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Glad Tesla finally got this thing out of the door, but in the end, just another rich boi toi. 😒
Absolutely. You’ll only see these a the valet in Stowe and Cape Cod. Similar to the Hummer EV.

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you base all of your purchases on the CEO of the comapny or just cars?
Like I said, the guy is the world's biggest DB. That's not hyperbole. I wouldn't buy a Tesla for many reasons. He's one.
Sponsored