Dealer fkd up my order and now it’s scheduled and I’m pissed

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sooo update.... waited on hold for 35+ minutes for the bronco swami... only for them to tell me I can only have it changed thru the dealer..... after being told by literally everyone I'd spoken to in customer service previously that I needed to call the bronco hotline.....
I reached out to my dealer to which he provided a supposed screenshot from a conversation with his rep with him asking them to change the 4 door to a 2 door, and them responding with "we'll see what we can do" like WOW..... straight up from the actual Ford Rep non chalantly, like I haven't waited almost 2 years..... Sure Ford Rep, its ok if I don't get what I want, I'll just take it because brand loyalty and all that nonsense..... what a joke this has been.... I"m gonna end up looking like the kid from a christmas story when he has to wear his bunny pajamas....
Try texting @mrlevine, Ford Director of Customer Communications. He's helped me and many others.
Sponsored

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sooo update.... waited on hold for 35+ minutes for the bronco swami... only for them to tell me I can only have it changed thru the dealer..... after being told by literally everyone I'd spoken to in customer service previously that I needed to call the bronco hotline.....
I reached out to my dealer to which he provided a supposed screenshot from a conversation with his rep with him asking them to change the 4 door to a 2 door, and them responding with "we'll see what we can do" like WOW..... straight up from the actual Ford Rep non chalantly, like I haven't waited almost 2 years..... Sure Ford Rep, its ok if I don't get what I want, I'll just take it because brand loyalty and all that nonsense..... what a joke this has been.... I"m gonna end up looking like the kid from a christmas story when he has to wear his bunny pajamas....
That's asking a lot of patience by Ford. I'm not sure if I'd personally hang around and be molested more. There are plenty of other cars/trucks that are available. I personally might consider it after getting f*cked without asking for it. But if you really want the Bronco, hang in there and take the beatings. But you have to ask yourself, "Is it worth it?" Only you know! Good luck friend!

OP
OP
gentlemanbronco

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's asking a lot of patience by Ford. I'm not sure if I'd personally hang around and be molested more. There are plenty of other cars/trucks that are available. I personally might consider it after getting f*cked without asking for it. But if you really want the Bronco, hang in there and take the beatings. But you have to ask yourself, "Is it worth it?" Only you know! Good luck friend!
I don't need a bronco, or a vehicle at the moment. I have one thats paid off and low mileage that I actually enjoy, minus long journeys and inclement weather (whole reasoning for wanting to upgrade to a bronco, besides nostalgia). I figure at the moment I'll wait it out and see what hand the dealership plays..... It seems convenient enough they have the upper hand and hold all the cards at this point. That said, I won't be shocked if it arrives and they "accidentally" sell it to someone with markup and try to "make good" by "ordering" me another.... at the back of the 2023-24 line.....
i have a lot of time on my hands and if they pull a fast one I won't hesitate to go the social media/yelp/google review route and shake my fists at them. Not that it'll fix anything but pettiness is a hobby of mine when its warranted.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

hold them to the price on the DORA, and trade it in when you can get a 2Dr should save you a couple thousand

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve been a day 1 reservation and have been dead set on a 2 door since before it was even announced. Come home at 1am after having my phone on airplane mode while at a concert….. I check my emails and notice a scheduled for production email and open it up…. Everything is right EXCEPT ITS A FUCKING 4 DOOR….. I specifically requested a 2 door both times I’ve submitted and now I think I’m fucked….. I have no idea what to do, from what I remember once a vin is made I can’t change it….. I’m 😡 pissed
You buy it and sell it immediately for a profit.

Sponsored
OP
OP
gentlemanbronco

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You buy it and sell it immediately for a profit.
We shall see! thats assuming it doesn't also "accidentally" get sold to another customer who "wanted" to pay 20k over

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We shall see! thats assuming it doesn't also "accidentally" get sold to another customer who "wanted" to pay 20k over
Buy it and trade it in on one of the 2 doors for sale at another dealer. I'm sure that they'd love to sell the 2 door to you and still have a 4 door for their lot.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dear Mr. Gentleman Rick,

If you look anything like your avatar, then I would suggest you walk into your dealer and tell your sales rep that you are going to patiently wait for him to fix your order with Ford, and if he doesn't get it done before you have to leave the showroom, you are going to pound him into oblivion. (y)

OP
OP
gentlemanbronco

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yet another update. I got a call from the sales manager, and apparently they were allocated 40 new broncos for 2022 and they'll give mine priority to receive possibly by jan or february. Told them to put it in writing and let me review the build spec yet again, and they'd have a deal. We'll see how it goes, but seems the sales manager admitted they were at fault and they can get me the one I wanted ordered. We'll see yet again, if this works out

Jbox343

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands