Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow. My head hurts trying to understand all this. Not sure if that’s because I don’t understand the info given to dealers, or because I understand it and don’t want to believe it. Might have to take a break from the forum for a few days to let this all shake out...
If Ford is reading these threads, I can understand why they keep us on a drip feed. It seems to take a couple of weeks for everyone to understand what's happening.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My reservation is with Ford not the dealer, this is better for the customer and FoMoCo as this allows a competitive market for there product.
Am I buying this vehicle directly from Ford?

No. The purchase agreement will be between you and the dealer, not you and Ford.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think once dealers were told their customers could actually change their reservations, the whole game changed. I don't think it was right to allow that. Then the dealers responded. I'm not on dealer council so no, I was not involved but knew it was coming. That's why I watched all the info being given here with doubt and worry.b
well here is a question, put yourself in the customers shoes.

reservation system forces you to choose a dealer on the spot without prior knowledge of their sales philosophy. There are 6+ dealers within 30 miles of me. How fair would it be to lock me into a dealer that has ADM or dealer installed items I don’t want, when the guy 3 miles in the other direction has a more fair sales plan? My neighbor chooses one and I choose the other and one guy gets f*cked and the other gets a deal.
These are sales are layups for dealers.
Who should Ford make happy buyers of their brand new Bronco, enthusiastic first year buyers, or dealers ?

Sponsored

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
well here is a question, put yourself in the customers shoes.

reservation system forces you to choose a dealer on the spot without prior knowledge of their sales philosophy. There are 6+ dealers within 30 miles of me. How fair would it be to lock me into a dealer that has ADM or dealer installed items I don’t want, when the guy 3 miles in the other direction has a more fair sales plan? My neighbor chooses one and I choose the other and one guy gets f*cked and the other gets a deal.
These are sales are layups for dealers.
Who should Ford make happy buyers of their brand new Bronco, enthusiastic first year buyers, or dealers ?
From a dealers perspective, we would much prefer things to have been done normally. There would have been much less confusion and the free market would have taken care of pricing.

Superthornbird

Everglades
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang, 2015 Outback
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Am I buying this vehicle directly from Ford?

No. The purchase agreement will be between you and the dealer, not you and Ford.
Yes once the reservation is converted to a order by the Dealer I choose and purchase is between me and said dealer. Until then the reservation is with Ford. Again this gives the customer the power to leave a dealership that will charge ADM to one that is upfront with there pricing

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

From a dealers perspective, we would much prefer things to have been done normally. There would have been much less confusion and the free market would have taken care of pricing.
And that is the problem. The normal way is letting half the dealers/salespeople out there f*ck people over.

I'd rather not buy then get screwed over. Good way to let this great new car flop.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

From a dealers perspective, we would much prefer things to have been done normally.
Do you ever wonder why more and more people can't stand big dealers?
It's because of their SMUG attitude. Like their shit don't stink and they are always right.

Maybe it's because those dealers like it when things don't change, they remain normal. Because God forbid they don't get their way and go crying to Ford.

Edit: I've said my piece. Going back to the fun threads now. Carry on peeps.

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Admittedly I haven't bought a new car in a while, but I don't think this how car buying or the free market typically works. If I go to Krause in Atlanta and they don't have the deal I like for the F-150, I can go to Nalley or Tidwell or any of the other 100 ford dealers in the Atlanta area to find a better one. It's not like I have to either buy from Krause at whatever price they dictate to me just because I walked onto their lot first, or else wait another 6 months for the car I want. I see why DEALERS would want it that way, but what a ridiculously raw deal for consumers. What's to stop the dealers from slapping on $10k in ADM and telling their customers "take it or get to the back of the line"?

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are too many asshole dealers out there telling bronco customers BS for answers regarding what their dealership will charge for the bronco even though MSRP was already out. I for one am glad they allow CUSTOMERS to decide who they are doing business with and to be stuck with their original dealer.. that is free market..

ct1975

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2020 Navigator, 2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

He/she has already made it clear that he/she was not concerned about allocation. You know....because 8th largest volume dealer, not looking to add Bronco reservations, have plenty of those, etc. Volume dealers raised hell and got what they wanted from Ford. I’m not in any hurry to take delivery of my Bronco, but I agree with the frustration of those who are. I will keep my reservation with Granger or another small town store.

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's because of their SMUG attitude. Like their shit don't stink and they are always right.

Maybe it's because those dealers like it when things don't change, they remain normal. Because God forbid they don't get their way and go crying to Ford.

Edit: I've said my piece. Going back to the fun threads now. Carry on peeps.
I'm sorry if I said something offensive. I simply said we wish things would have been done normally and there wouldn't be all this confusion, for both consumers and dealers. If that had happened, you still would have had free choice to do business with whomever wou chose that A) had the inventory and B) gave you the best deal. This is how a free market should operate. With the OEM's interjecting, it muddied everything because they didn't have a concrete plan from day one. I've not tried to convince anyone here to do business with my dealership. I haven't even stated the name. I just know there was a lot of misinformation and I've tried helping to clear some of it up. My apologies.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think once dealers were told their customers could actually change their reservations, the whole game changed. I don't think it was right to allow that. Then the dealers responded. I'm not on dealer council so no, I was not involved but knew it was coming. That's why I watched all the info being given here with doubt and worry.b
Hello secret dealership man... so what you're saying is orders will not be fulfilled solely based on reservation order and there's a formula as to how orders will shake out. What was the formula again? I forgot to write it down.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

you still would have had free choice to do business with whomever wou chose that A) had the inventory and B) gave you the best deal.
Maybe I'm just an idiot (which is quite possible) but..
A) There is NO Bronco inventory, not til AFTER reservations are filled. Unless Ford is lying to us about that. And......
B) The big dealerships I talk to are saying MSRP. The smaller dealerships are trying to EARN my business?

But hey once again... Maybe I'm just an idiot...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.