Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm seeing larger dealers getting 5+ blue window sticker Broncos in. All soft tops with high package and below. Some with SAS. I'm guessing SAS is the least constrained of the 3 deadly sins, regardless of what has been indicated.

Anyone else seeing the same in their area? Thought this might be useful to those with the $2500 rebate holding out for a SAS Bronco.
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Those certainly would have been produced long before the constraints emerged. Broncos are not built and shipped in the industry normal 5 week time frame.

Yes, in 2020 mid-covid we ordered our 2021 BMW X4 on 4th of July weekend and took delivery first week of August. Domestic production in Spartanburg, SC.

Our Bronco from actual order conversion to on dealer lot was 6 months and would still not be built if we had stuck to our original painted roof plan.

Show me any current production Bronco from a special order with less than 3 months from order to delivery and I will stand corrected but it certainly seems over the last 2-3 years that Ford simply cannot build vehicles as ordered in an equivalent time frame to other manufacturers.

Supply chain issues my azz. When HF 1 was faced with lumber shortage he bought a forest. Plastics, he bought soybean farms. Ford today maybe stamps their own bodies and builds their own engines [some with inferior parts] but surely over 50% of each vehicle comes in on truck or rail from another non affiliated source

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I tihnk I agree. My build was a base and had SAS but no fancy options and got selected. I wasnt expecting that. I was way back in the Granger line and some people that were in the top 10 didnt get selected. I think the shortages mostlyl apply to any of the features that have some type of chip involved.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope. Sure would love to know what the secret knock or magic words were to get a little love for us smaller/midsize dealers. I don't bemoan dealers getting legitimate "stock" but feel old retail reservations should take priority, regardless of previous commitments to award Bronco "stock" inventory until there's no more than a 60 day lead time. You know some of these stock units are nearly identical to orders sitting in the banks. Again, not ragging on these dealers, just think getting old business cleaned up first will be better for the dealer body as well as customers (ADM would start going away).

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tihnk I agree. My build was a base and had SAS but no fancy options and got selected. I wasnt expecting that. I was way back in the Granger line and some people that were in the top 10 didnt get selected. I think the shortages mostlyl apply to any of the features that have some type of chip involved.
Your base was selected bc that week Ford was selecting base series and MT. They build in batches based on commodity forecasts

Sponsored
OP
OP
Haelous

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I should not have mentioned the constraints since it wasn't my goal to stir the pot regarding them. No doubt they were already produced, but these are blue sticker dealer orders.

I hope someone with a $2500 rebate can find something closer to their ideal build incoming to a dealer.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm seeing larger dealers getting 5+ blue window sticker Broncos in. All soft tops with high package and below. Some with SAS. I'm guessing SAS is the least constrained of the 3 deadly sins, regardless of what has been indicated.
Yes, it was mostly a lie. There may be some level of shortage, but FORD's threat to not make our trucks was a lie. This was about money and re-opening the order banks as soon as possible. But not before implementing a mid-year price increase in early February. They WILL be building Wildtracks and other nicely appointed builds at the highest price point along possible ADM. Early rez holders are the only ones being "constrained". I have reduced my build to 4 non-SAS wheels and a non-heated steering wheel. 945 days and still no build date.

People tend to overthink these things instead of just looking at the dealer lot. The evidence is right there.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m considering buying off a lot for the $2500 but haven’t found something worth giving up my build for yet.

I’ve inquired 4 or 5 times and have been told

1. Oh that one is a reservation we just list it in case they don’t pick it up so there’s already interest in it. …wtf put a note on the listing or something

2. That one WAS for sale, but it’s already sold it takes 8-10 days to clear from the site. …bs I know how websites work.

3. Yes this one is for sale and yes that price online is accurate but we cant process out of state sales for new vehicles. …this was a Detroit dealer and I’m in Texas.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh and the one that was for sale that I just missed was Black Diamond, Sas, HARDTOP. My exact build and I dropped hard top and mine still can’t get built.

It’s absolutely ridiculous Ford blatantly is sending dealer stock Broncos they refuse to build for reservation holders.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If anyone has pro tips on finding a lot Bronco let’s hear them because I’d believe Ford will deliberately say oh we just couldn’t build yours in these “unprecedented times” and as soon as 2024 rolls around with no price protection the flood gates will open.

Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m considering buying off a lot for the $2500 but haven’t found something worth giving up my build for yet.

I’ve inquired 4 or 5 times and have been told

1. Oh that one is a reservation we just list it in case they don’t pick it up so there’s already interest in it. …wtf put a note on the listing or something

2. That one WAS for sale, but it’s already sold it takes 8-10 days to clear from the site. …bs I know how websites work.

3. Yes this one is for sale and yes that price online is accurate but we cant process out of state sales for new vehicles. …this was a Detroit dealer and I’m in Texas.
I know of 5 in Tyler as of Last Friday.
EDIT: One of the dealers that had 3 (that I saw with my eyes) actually has 13 online. petersautosports.com. Some are $$$ but one high 40's and 3 mid fifties. A 2Dr CO Big Bend at a Subaru dealer was 44.

Last edited:

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Our local small town dealership has started getting them on the lot, but they're still adding ADM. There's a 4 door Cactus OB that's been sitting for a month with a 10K ADM. They also have an 4 door EG OB in transit with a $5K ADM on it. There's another OB and a couple of Wildtraks in transit, but it looks like they haven't tacked on their ADM, yet.

For any Texas folks looking, the dealership is about an hour NW of Houston, just south of College Station.

https://www.elliottteamford.com/new...onco&_dFR[type][0]=New&_paymentType=our_price

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder is when someone cancels, does the window sticker change from green to blue? I know that a few days after I cancelled my RAM order, the tracker started showing me an error when I would try. And it was built and sitting on the lot now.

Goat4x4

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope. Sure would love to know what the secret knock or magic words were to get a little love for us smaller/midsize dealers. I don't bemoan dealers getting legitimate "stock" but feel old retail reservations should take priority, regardless of previous commitments to award Bronco "stock" inventory until there's no more than a 60 day lead time. You know some of these stock units are nearly identical to orders sitting in the banks. Again, not ragging on these dealers, just think getting old business cleaned up first will be better for the dealer body as well as customers (ADM would start going away).
Hey Phil! How is your dealership planning to handle new orders? I can understand a new order placed on or after 3/27/23 being built before a dealer's outstanding pre 3/27/23 order if it is a trim unlike any pre-existing order, but will FoMoCo always fulfill prior existing dealer orders before new orders if all things are equal?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Phil! How is your dealership planning to handle new orders? I can understand a new order placed on or after 3/27/23 being built before a dealer's outstanding pre 3/27/23 order if it is a trim unlike any pre-existing order, but will FoMoCo always fulfill prior existing dealer orders before new orders if all things are equal?
Damn good question. Based on the conversation I had with my sales manager yesterday, what is showing allocated in WBDO, 3/4 of our current orders should get scheduled. That said, I don't know exactly which of those or in what order because a lot of the WT folks left their orders as-is.

We will likely take new orders when the banks open but assign higher PCs to those if we have leftovers. The group of original reservations is close to getting caught up, most of the other orders are post reservation so we're assigning PCs in relation to order date. Oldest orders get a lower PC. The big question is going to be of the 21 still to be scheduled, how many are going to be WTs or orders with sins.
Sponsored