Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mini CooperS Convertible, 2022 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Alright, just like many of you that are reading this, I put my deposit on my bronco the first day I could last year. In May I get my vin and schedule for production. Fast forward to last Wednesday, and my Bronco is Delivered. Just like another dealer had advised me, I put the bronco on Ebay. Thursday evening I had a buyer lined up and ready to go. I was going away for the weekend so I waited until monday to have the Bronco delivered. Yesterday morning came and went without any contact from the dealership. So I messaged, and waited. Messaged and waited. Finally I get a response that the deal is on hold because the dealer is afraid I'm going to sell it to someone who "may" export it. I have a bill of sale, I have already done the loan at the bank and have a check in hand while getting charged interest on a vehicle I don't have. And I have the deposit on the Bronco. What can I do to get my Bronco?
Just curious how a bank is charging you interest when you have not used the check? Until the transaction takes place (ie. you give the dealer the check, its deposited, and bank has lien on title) the check is worthless. You can’t go to the bank and cash it….why, because there is no collateral. That’s why it has to be deposited by dealer and they place a lien on your title. Until that happens, no interest nor payments start.
Sponsored

Paloaltoicu

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Alright, just like many of you that are reading this, I put my deposit on my bronco the first day I could last year. In May I get my vin and schedule for production. Fast forward to last Wednesday, and my Bronco is Delivered. Just like another dealer had advised me, I put the bronco on Ebay. Thursday evening I had a buyer lined up and ready to go. I was going away for the weekend so I waited until monday to have the Bronco delivered. Yesterday morning came and went without any contact from the dealership. So I messaged, and waited. Messaged and waited. Finally I get a response that the deal is on hold because the dealer is afraid I'm going to sell it to someone who "may" export it. I have a bill of sale, I have already done the loan at the bank and have a check in hand while getting charged interest on a vehicle I don't have. And I have the deposit on the Bronco. What can I do to get my Bronco?
Did you tell the dealership that you are selling it at EBay ?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like you put the Bronco before the cart.
He did…anything that can deter flipping I’m good with. I have no ethical problem with the practice, I just think you’re a scum to do it and take away a build from someone who actually wants it. A flipper is a low form of person.

Sponsored

SassyBronco2021

Outer Banks
First Name
Sharon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 Chrysler & Torrent GM
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have spoke with them about that matter. They do get disciplined by Ford if it is exported. My issue is that anyone can do that with any vehicle. The only reason they're giving me a hard time is because it's a
Im curious if your bronco will need the roof replaced? If so, won't your dealer be sent the new one & responsible for the replacement in the future? I'm assuming if the new owner of your bronco lives aways from your dealer another dealer will not get involve...

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There are some strict export laws dealerships must comply with.

I'm not sure which mafia you run with (don't care), but when a buddy was finance manager of a local BMW dealership he ran into this all the time and had to cancel deals just to avoid any potential federal oversight/interest in their business dealings.

It happens. Sorry you didn't get to make $20K USD on off-shoring your Bronco right away!

Status
Not open for further replies.