Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This kind of thread kind of angers me. I have not read every page so forgive me if it's already been said. To the OP:

The vehicle does not belong to you unless you signed a purchase agreement. The dealer has every right to refund your deposit and keep the vehicle. You had best read the contract carefully. There is almost always buried in the fine print a "right to cancel clause" for the dealer.
Agree, dealer should just refund his deposit and be done.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This kind of thread kind of angers me. I have not read every page

The OP should be ashamed for only thinking about unethical profiting
Don't worry you and the last 10+ pages all blew by the posts where OP clarified he originally ordered with the intentions of keeping it before having life get in the way. But the important thing is everyone had the chance to pile on and get their shots in. That's what truly matters on the internet.

Yeah, he f'd up listing it on eBay before taking possession but that just makes him an idiot. And in no means him selling for a profit in this situation is unethical.

Oh, and I literally lol'd at you thinking that the dealer will sell it at a fair price should they have the opportunity to do so. Ha.

ollie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Don't worry you and the last 10+ pages all blew by the posts where OP clarified he originally ordered with the intentions of keeping it before having life get in the way.
If life gets in the way then you get your deposit back, decline the bank loan and move on. I still stand by my opinion of the OP's unethical profiting at the expense of someone who actually wants the vehicle for their own use and enjoyment.

Oh, and I literally lol'd at you thinking that the dealer will sell it at a fair price should they have the opportunity to do so. Ha.
The buyer has the power to purchase it for what they deem fair price. If the dealer refuses then it's time to move on until you get it for what you are willing to pay. Being a new model the prices are inflated right now. Of course the dealer is going to squeeze every bit of profit they can. That does not mean it is what someone is willing to pay.

It's why I'm patiently waiting. Look at the Wranglers. They are readily on local dealer lots near me at close to invoice. Broncos are going to be the same thing a year or two from now.

Mike Zike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acadia Denali ultimate
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Alright, just like many of you that are reading this, I put my deposit on my bronco the first day I could last year. In May I get my vin and schedule for production. Fast forward to last Wednesday, and my Bronco is Delivered. Just like another dealer had advised me, I put the bronco on Ebay. Thursday evening I had a buyer lined up and ready to go. I was going away for the weekend so I waited until monday to have the Bronco delivered. Yesterday morning came and went without any contact from the dealership. So I messaged, and waited. Messaged and waited. Finally I get a response that the deal is on hold because the dealer is afraid I'm going to sell it to someone who "may" export it. I have a bill of sale, I have already done the loan at the bank and have a check in hand while getting charged interest on a vehicle I don't have. And I have the deposit on the Bronco. What can I do to get my Bronco?
It is ok for them to FU@$ us so they are mad that they cant have your bronco to do it to someone body else. It is your right to sell it to whoever's you want and if you get in to trouble for it that's on you, hell they left all kinds of U.S stuff in Afghanistan and nobody cares. So why should a de as lordship care.

Mike Zike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acadia Denali ultimate
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It is ok for them to FU@$ us so they are mad that they cant have your bronco to do it to someone body else. It is your right to sell it to whoever's you want and if you get in to trouble for it that's on you, hell they left all kinds of U.S stuff in Afghanistan and nobody cares. So why should a de as lordship care.
Dealership

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The buyer has the power to purchase it for what they deem fair price.
Exactly. So how is it unethical when the OP sells it?

The guy is not buying the last loaf of bread off the shelf and re-selling to a single mom with hungry kids for more money. That's unethical. Buying a luxury item and re-selling at a profit to someone who is willingly paying for it and "who wants the vehicle for their own use and enjoyment" is good business sense. No matter how many people on this forum get their feelings hurt over it.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don't worry you and the last 10+ pages all blew by the posts where OP clarified he originally ordered with the intentions of keeping it before having life get in the way. But the important thing is everyone had the chance to pile on and get their shots in. That's what truly matters on the internet.
With 17 posts since 7-13-20, I have to wonder. He certainly won't be in the running for a participation trophy.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I didn’t read all 21 pages but what OP says is he ‘told his friend’ he may flip it. I don’t think that caused the dealer to pause. What OP is likely not saying publicly here is that he might have asked his friend to have the dealer sell it to the new buyer and pay him the profit, so he/OP didn’t have to pay the taxes. So when his friend went and asked this of his employer (dealer) that’s when things probably went south. My opinion only.

ollie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Exactly. So how is it unethical when the OP sells it?
Because it is not morally correct or ethical. It is being done without honorable intentions. I do not know your background or your ethics.

I will tell you about mine. I would not buy a Bronco pretending and using deception so I can turn around and make a profit. That is my way of thinking.

If you do not agree with it or your ethics and moral practices are not in my line of thinking that's fine. I will not ever buy into anything that is less than honorable or deceptive.

Sponsored

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The morality of buying a new car and selling it for more?

Sorry, but some of you guys on here are acting like children. It's not like he made you homeless, got you fired, punched your children, sexxed up your wife...he was trying to buy a vehicle and make a profit.

Yall need to get over yourselves and the "who took my toys out of the sandbox" mentality.
This makes the original point rather neatly

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He has already stated the seller refuses to sell him the car, thus he has no signed contract. A signed purchase order is not a binding contract. At $450/hr for legal expenses he isn’t going to get very far with his legal witch hunt. The dealership can easily outspend him in court. He has already stated he is financially recovering from a failed business several years back.
“He has already stated the seller refuses to sell him the car, thus he has no signed contract.”

Strong logic there. Utterly impossible for anyone to ever walk away from a binding agreement that they previously signed. If they refuse to make the transaction there was never a binding agreement in the first place! Why ever have a contract for anything if this is the case?

None of us have the documentation or education to say decisively what the situation is here.

I think this guy is probably hosed, and could probably figure that out on his own by reading the fine print in his bill of sale. If he suspects otherwise, he should consult with someone. He’s entitled to do that- You know, to get the opinion of someone other than we stooges on this forum.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With 17 posts since 7-13-20, I have to wonder. He certainly won't be in the running for a participation trophy.
Are you questioning the OP‘s “Pump Worthiness”?

Are you thinking that the dealer is right to question if the OP had “Stayed Pump” or was merely a 2 Pump Chump with his Reservation and Order?

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That was being a little presumptuous. A lot of us are waiting patiently just to be a first time owner. Imagine the cost and unattainable circumstances we would all face if we did the same thing. I agree with the dealer. You loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.