Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s bizarre that you would let someone else use your money for that long before purchase. To each his own, but I wouldn’t do it on principle. $5k? I’d tell him to get lost. I’ll use that money however I want until the truck arrives...
I would fully agree with you if I was ordering a minivan or some basic vehicle out there. But with a new launch of a vehicle in high demand sure I’ll put a deposit down on some thing I want. And to not pay a charge over invoice I’d rather have money down so nothing changes later.
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I ordered a 2013 raptor, 2016 focus RS and a 2019 raptor and I was never asked to leave a deposit. And other than the $100 bronco reservation I have not been asked to leave a deposit on the bronco.

a legitimate dealership will not ask for a deposit.

How could you not expect a deposit at order? Have you ever ordered a new vehicle before? Ever dealer wants money when you place an order on a $60k new vehicle. I’m putting down 5k why not it’s all going toward the thing anyways. If you want something new and rare put skin in the game. If you don’t want to step aside wait for a 2022 and let us get the 2021s.

Dajosh

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 2018 Hyundai Tucson 1967 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would fully agree with you if I was ordering a minivan or some basic vehicle out there. But with a new launch of a vehicle in high demand sure I’ll put a deposit down on some thing I want. And to not pay a charge over invoice I’d rather have money down so nothing changes later.
I would argue the opposite. If you are ordering a generic minivan that they already have a ton of on the lot, then I would see a reason for a deposit. Any Bronco order someone backs out of will be sold that same day.

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I switched to Stephens this week. When I called and payed the $100 deposit I asked them about their stance on further deposit upon ordering and they will not require any additional money. I was surprised. I would have put down $1000 or so no problem but it’s good to see they didn’t require it. I’ll keep that in the bank another year as I’ll. E late availability delivery thanks to the manual Squatch.

Sponsored

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I recently transferred my reservation to another dealer who will except invoice for Bronco WT and accessories. The previous dealer didn’t get the message and sent an email to me discussing the reservation time in December and the deposit. I laughed when their request was a $2000.00
deposit. Have you received an email from your reservation dealer with a stated deposit dollar amount ?
Since we are near order time, I say if it’s refundable it doesn’t really matter how much deposit is, it doesn’t hurt you to switch dealers tho so ur okay lol

Trilifter7

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2022 Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer said they usually charge a $500 deposit to order but since we already put $100 down to reserve and have waited this long they will not charge anything more than the $100 to place the order.

Stimpy

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't want to put down a deposit, but a reasonable deposit is a good thing. I would say $500 to put in an order reasonable. Ford knows that 50% of reservations are going to fall through and it's better to weed those out before the orders go in so that people who are actually going to buy one get theirs's and they don't build a bunch of Broncos that end up as dealer stock. If my dealer was asking for more than $1000, I'd probably start shopping around.

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If the whole $5k is refundable, and you ballin like that, then shit why not? Less to finance; and it don’t mean they hosing on the nitro and gap insurance BS necessarily, just means they serious bout that Bronco

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If the whole $5k is refundable, and you ballin like that, then shit why not? Less to finance; and it don’t mean they hosing on the nitro and gap insurance BS necessarily, just means they serious bout that Bronco
Yep, and clearly only if it’s refundable. Also some of us need to find places for money by the end of this year...

Sponsored

BDBJ79

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle-less
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All the privileged people on here who think that just because they paid a $100 reservation fee for the chance to order a $40k vehicle and then waltz right in to order it without any deposit or down payment, crack me up. We’re talking a $1000 here in most cases. My dealership asked for $900 including my initial $100. Why would I not want to throw a grand down early? That’s just cheaper for me in the long run. If you can’t afford a minimal deposit at the time of order, then maybe you should be in the market for a Yaris, and not a Bronco.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fully expect 500 to 1k being asked for...moreover now that Ford guidance for allocation and completing reservation sales to reservation holders.

I plan on paying 20 to 25% down by the time financing is done so 1k is no big deal as long as it is applied to the overall price.

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is what I don't understand, if I place an order and then back out of it when it shows up can't the dealer then sell it on the market for a hefty ADM? How does the dealer loose if it has a hot new limited vehicle to sell at "market rate"? I am more afraid of the dealer trying to blow the deal up than I am about a deposit.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here is what I don't understand, if I place an order and then back out of it when it shows up can't the dealer then sell it on the market for a hefty ADM? How does the dealer loose if it has a hot new limited vehicle to sell at "market rate"? I am more afraid of the dealer trying to blow the deal up than I am about a deposit.
Granger has stated many times that dealers will get steep penalties by Ford for every reservation order that does does not complete to a sale to that reservation holder.

So why would any dealer want to order 100 Broncos and have half of them cancel? Dealers should try to weed out the tire kickers by asking for a order deposit. The $100 reservation deposit was requested by Ford not the dealers. Now its the dealers that are trying to protect themselves by asking for a order deposit. if it’s refundable it shouldn’t be a problem.

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Granger has stated many times that dealers will get steep penalties by Ford for every reservation order that does does not complete to a sale to that reservation holder.

So why would any dealer want to order 100 Broncos and have half of them cancel? Dealers should try to weed out the tire kickers by asking for a order deposit. The $100 reservation deposit was requested by Ford not the dealers. Now its the dealers that are trying to protect themselves by asking for a order deposit. if it’s refundable it shouldn’t be a problem.
Good to know, personally I think $1K deposit is reasonable.
Sponsored