Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 2022 Expedition Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just got mine intalled tonight. A couple thoughts while they are fresh on my mind:

1. Install wasn’t too bad. After reading reports I was planning for a long project. I did this over two nights and probably spent 4-4.5 hours total. I took my time and watched the video as I went along.
2. I followed the directions on the video on which bolts to leave loose for adjustments later, and overall mine went together without a hitch. It’s a tad snug on the tailgate but not enough to loosen and readjust. I suspect there’s been some fine tuning of part sizes since the initial version.
3. If you‘re on the fence about buying the spin levers kit (as I was), don’t - they came included with mine. Interestingly, it came with 6 levers, but there were only cutouts for 4 (and the diagram shows 4), I wonder if the Jeep kit needs 6. I’ll probably buy pins for the back slots closest to the back seat as those are empty and I’d like the extra stability. I think the spin levers will be most handy when folding the tailgate section up, but if you’re taking the whole thing off it’s not much extra trouble to disengage pins.
4. My kit came with 4 large flat washers in this envelope:

Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation IMG_3538

and I can’t for the life of me figure out where they wanted me to use them. Anybody have any ideas? The video doesn’t mention them.
5. Alan mentions in the video that you should leave the two bolts on each side that attach the skins around where the plastic pieces on the side you snap off loose, in case you want to put the plastic pieces back. I had to take these completely off to get the plastic pieces back on. This was a small inconvenience and I really appreciate that the kit is made such that you can get them back on at all.
6. I have the XG Cargo Bronco Gama, which are like saddlebags that mount in the unused back triangle of the back section. I was worried they wouldn’t play nice with the Slipstream. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the folding section will clear the mounts when the bags are off, but it won’t fold up when the bags are attached. So, a mixed bag there.

Overall, I’m super happy with it - very high quality parts, great machining/powder coating, super well packed. It’s expensive but it also feels expensive when you get your hands on it.
Sponsored

Texasjdub

Heritage
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Just got mine intalled tonight. A couple thoughts while they are fresh on my mind:

1. Install wasn’t too bad. After reading reports I was planning for a long project. I did this over two nights and probably spent 4-4.5 hours total. I took my time and watched the video as I went along.
2. I followed the directions on the video on which bolts to leave loose for adjustments later, and overall mine went together without a hitch. It’s a tad snug on the tailgate but not enough to loosen and readjust. I suspect there’s been some fine tuning of part sizes since the initial version.
3. If you‘re on the fence about buying the spin levers kit (as I was), don’t - they came included with mine. Interestingly, it came with 6 levers, but there were only cutouts for 4 (and the diagram shows 4), I wonder if the Jeep kit needs 6. I’ll probably buy pins for the back slots closest to the back seat as those are empty and I’d like the extra stability. I think the spin levers will be most handy when folding the tailgate section up, but if you’re taking the whole thing off it’s not much extra trouble to disengage pins.
4. My kit came with 4 large flat washers in this envelope:

IMG_3538.jpeg

and I can’t for the life of me figure out where they wanted me to use them. Anybody have any ideas? The video doesn’t mention them.
5. Alan mentions in the video that you should leave the two bolts on each side that attach the skins around where the plastic pieces on the side you snap off loose, in case you want to put the plastic pieces back. I had to take these completely off to get the plastic pieces back on. This was a small inconvenience and I really appreciate that the kit is made such that you can get them back on at all.
6. I have the XG Cargo Bronco Gama, which are like saddlebags that mount in the unused back triangle of the back section. I was worried they wouldn’t play nice with the Slipstream. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the folding section will clear the mounts when the bags are off, but it won’t fold up when the bags are attached. So, a mixed bag there.

Overall, I’m super happy with it - very high quality parts, great machining/powder coating, super well packed. It’s expensive but it also feels expensive when you get your hands on it.
Looks like in Alan's demo video....he has spin levers on the top of the wall instead of the pins...around 1:18 in the video:

I didn't see this in the instructions included in my kit so I also have 2 levers left over.

Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation 1716011634360-4l

A closer look in another demo video
Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation 1716011843792-78

I watched the install video from the Diabolical website which I guess is older and not for the 2.0. It would probably be good to include some newer updated videos as I completely missed installing the extra 2 levers.

Last edited:

BuaidhNoBas

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks like in Alan's demo video....he has spin levers on the top of the wall instead of the pins...around 1:18 in the video:

I didn't see this in the instructions included in my kit so I also have 2 levers left over.

Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation 1716011843792-78

A closer look in another demo video

I watched the install video from the Diabolical website which I guess is older and not for the 2.0. It would probably be good to include some newer updated videos as I completely missed installing the extra 2 levers.
I did exactly the same thing - I was using the old video. Thanks for pointing that out, will switch things around and go that route.

Texasjdub

Heritage
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I did exactly the same thing - I was using the old video. Thanks for pointing that out, will switch things around and go that route.
I put in the spin levers for the back wall (removed the quick release pins at the top)...total game changer. You can release the wall flat so much faster! I definitely recommend getting the retro spin levers if you don't have the 2.0 that comes with them!

Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation IMG_0780
Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation IMG_0781

Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation IMG_0779

BuaidhNoBas

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I put in the spin levers for the back wall (removed the quick release pins at the top)...total game changer. You can release the wall flat so much faster! I definitely recommend getting the retro spin levers if you don't have the 2.0 that comes with them!

Ford Bronco Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure Review and Installation IMG_0779

I did this today. Works great! I ended up using two washers on the top and only one on the back. I couldn’t get the top to latch with only one set of washers, but the back was too loose with two so I took one off. I wonder if the top will need to have a washer removed once the foam settles.

Sponsored

BuaidhNoBas

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What size quick release pin did you get?
I was wondering about this too. I measured and ended up buying 3/8 pins with 2 inch working length. Turns out those were probably too long by 1/2 inch and you could go 1.5 inches.

PC Austin

Badlands
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did this today. Works great! I ended up using two washers on the top and only one on the back. I couldn’t get the top to latch with only one set of washers, but the back was too loose with two so I took one off. I wonder if the top will need to have a washer removed once the foam settles.
I have the levers. But didn't think to add it to the back wall. I installed only 2 lever for the front panel and will use the other 2 for the back wall based on your idea.

adcam

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4DR 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got my Slipstream yesterday and plan to install this Thursday. While I was looking for the install video in their website, I noticed the priced increased by $200! Glad I bought it before the increase.