First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thinking about trading our loaded 22 Badlands Sasquatch convertible with lux, etc for a similarly equipped 24 model Badlands or Wildtrack for a number of reasons. My purpose in posting is to make certain I fully understand the differences between the two trims.

I’ve studied Ford’s website extensively and it appears to me the main difference is lack of full skid plates and electronic sway bar disconnect and some minor cosmetic differences inside and out. If I’m correct Sasquatch package on both trims has the HOSS 3 suspension and steering rack. Am I correct?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks. Contented.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m just here to wait for the “Wildtrak is the highest trim level (other than a Braptor)” folks to show up.

🍿

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought the Heritage Trim was the highest under the Braptor...?
With cloth seats, I don’t think so.

This is why my comment above is so true - People have different opinions of what equates to a “higher trim level.”

Theres a nice side-by-side comparison chart on Fords Build & Price for the OP to use that should be helpful.

Tyistick

Wildtrak
First Name
Tyi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Dr WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

With cloth seats, I don’t think so.

This is why my comment above is so true - People have different opinions of what equates to a “higher trim level.”

Theres a nice side-by-side comparison chart on Fords Build & Price for the OP to use that should be helpful.
I don't care.
I have a 22 WildTrak
Doesn't matter what anyone's opinion of their models they have are, They're all unique in some ways and only thing that matters about your trim level is if you go to trade it in and dealership plugs your VIN in some will have a higher trade in value under different systems than others.

Sponsored

Realtor

Wildtrak
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thinking about .... extensively and it appears to me the main difference is lack of full skid plates and electronic sway bar disconnect and some minor cosmetic differences inside and out. If I’m correct Sasquatch package on both trims has the HOSS 3 suspension and steering rack. Am I correct?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks. Contented.
Check th' Ford Website. The Badlands has HOSS 2 either way, with or without SAS.
With SAS for '24:
" HOSS 2.0 System with Bilstein PSDs, and high clearance ride height "

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Attempting to steer this thread back on track before it completely goes off the rails...

A BL Squatch has the HOSS 2.0 suspension and allegedly the upgraded steering rack. (I am not sure if the steering upgrade has been 100% proven)

A WT has the HOSS 3.0 suspension and the upgraded steering rack.

Edit. I just checked the Ford website and it does not specify the Sasquatch packages comes with the upgraded steering.

Ford Bronco Differences Between Wildtrak and Badlands Screenshot_20240218-120841

Ford Bronco Differences Between Wildtrak and Badlands Screenshot_20240218-120854

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Attempting to steer this thread back on track before it completely goes off the rails...

A BL Squatch has the HOSS 2.0 suspension and allegedly the upgraded steering rack. (I am not sure if the steering upgrade has been 100% proven)

A WT has the HOSS 3.0 suspension and the upgraded steering rack.

Edit. I just checked the Ford website and it does not specify the Sasquatch packages comes with the upgraded steering.

Ford Bronco Differences Between Wildtrak and Badlands Screenshot_20240218-120854

Pretty sure like 99% sure it was confirmed 24 badlands sas has the upgraded hoss 3.0 steering rack but not the full 3.0 suspension

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's a thread that may help:

2024 Wildtrak question regarding Hoss 3.0 and other trims

2024 Badlands trim and Sasquatch pkgs get the performance upgraded steering components like the Raptor and Wildtrak. That has been confirmed by @RagnarKon .

The Badlands otherwise keeps the Bilstein HOSS 2.0 suspension while the Wildtrak keeps the Fox..

Last edited:

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welp guess I’m one of the ones that got ripped off lol
The Badlands has essentially the same suspension as SAS. It has wheels, tires and gears. Just slightly different ones. Has the front and rear lockers too. But Ford tacks on a hefty cost for slightly different gears and tire size.

LSW

Wildtrak
First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Wildtrak, 2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Badlands has electronic sway bar disconnect, Wildtrak does not.

Wildtrak has full HOSS 3.0 system, with FOX shocks, Badlands does not.

Badlands has HOSS 2.0 with Bilstein shocks

‘24 and newer badlands has HOSS 3.0 steering rack & tie rods but not the fox shocks (this is true for all '24 and newer sasquatch in addition to non-sas and sas badlands).

No 2.3L engine or manual transmission option on Wildtrak, Wildtraks all have the 2.7L V6 with automatic transmission.

All Wildtrak have sasquatch package, it’s an option on badlands.

Badlands can have Marine Grade Vinyl or Leather Trimmed Vinyl seats.

Wildtrak only has Leather Trimmed Vinyl seats.

Wildtrak has blue interior highlights vs orange in badlands.

I’m sure there are a few other options that aren’t available on Wildtrak and vice versa for badlands.

I figured I would use the shocks everyday vs the sway bar disco once a year if I'm lucky so I went with wildtrak. If I equpipped a badlands with the same options as I ordered on my wildtrak, I think the badlands was more expensive by $800.

The only thing I couldn't get on the Wildtrak was the ford rock rails; it wouldn't let me pick those because fully optioned with "full vehicle steel bash plates" the Wildtrak is apparently too heavy. Maybe those Fox shocks just put it over the weight limit whereas the Badlands is allowed to have the rock rails.

Last edited:

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The wildtrak may still be the only trim to give you a rear sway-bar on a 2-door.

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Another easy distinction to miss (which is not obvious on the website) is that the Badlands has a steel rear bumper and two tow hooks. The Wildtrak has a plastic rear bumper and only one tow hook.
Sponsored