Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco Sport, F150's, and Rangers have the engine enhancement. Lots of Ranger guys complaining that it has to be turned off when they upgrade with an amp and sub with Forscan. Sounds like the same issue as the OP.
Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How in the hell do you think things on that list get verified lol. People trying suggestions. Usually I do them myself before submitting them but lately I haven't had the chance and offer others (many just willing) the chance to try it out.
Your initial post claimed "There is some fake ass engine noise", that isn't "there might be fake engine noise" or "here's a thing to try in ForScan to potentially fix it", that's stating something as fact.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your initial post claimed "There is some fake ass engine noise", that isn't "there might be fake engine noise" or "here's a thing to try in ForScan to potentially fix it", that's stating something as fact.
There's fake ass engine noise, that is a fact. I don't know the exclusions of what gets it since I'm not in that section of Ford but I know that at the least the 2.7 engines do have it. It's been a standard feature in vehicles since 2015

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's fake ass engine noise, that is a fact. I don't know the exclusions of what gets it since I'm not in that section of Ford but I know that at the least the 2.7 engines do have it. It's been a standard feature since 2015
So because other vehicles with that engine have it you assume all vehicles have it? That's not a fact.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So because other vehicles with that engine have it you assume all vehicles have it? That's not a fact.
No other vehicles with several different engines have it. The Bronco has it if you select the 2.7 but it may be dependent on trim, maybe the 2.3 as well but I can't say for certain. Test vehicles were generally the highest package and it was a funny topic early on but I didn't really think about it much

Last edited:

Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a 2.7 LUX owner, if there’s fake ass engine noise being pumped in, the programmer needs to be fired, cause it sounds like sh**!! Coulda done way better IMHO.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a 2.7 LUX owner, if there’s fake ass engine noise being pumped in, the programmer needs to be fired, cause it sounds like sh**!! Coulda done way better IMHO.
Okay just called my buddy. It is part of the ANC setup so yeah more prominent and or exclusive to vehicles with Lux. It's part of the ANC (Active Noise Cancellation) so those without Lux either get a reduced version of the fake ass engine noise or none at all. I knew it was generally complained about for vehicles with higher trims. Anyways if you have Lux there is ANC in the DSP and you can turn it off with ForScan and see if it helps make it go away. @LightRefined

My original post in the ACM (Audio Control Module) is for Software ANC. Both may need to be disabled. Also both may not work. No clue but good luck. Weiners crossed

783-01-01*xxxxx--C=ANC Disabled D=ANC Enabled

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Okay just called my buddy. It is part of the ANC setup so yeah more prominent and or exclusive to vehicles with Lux. It's part of the ANC (Active Noise Cancellation) so those without Lux either get a reduced version of the fake ass engine noise or none at all. I knew it was generally complained about for vehicles with higher trims. Anyways if you have Lux there is ANC in the DSP and you can turn it off with ForScan and see if it helps make it go away. @LightRefined

My original post in the ACM (Audio Control Module) is for Software ANC. Both may need to be disabled. Also both may not work. No clue but good luck. Weiners crossed

783-01-01*xxxxx--C=ANC Disabled D=ANC Enabled
Aggressive mud terrain tires, top down and drive really fast. You won’t even notice that fake ass engine noise.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aggressive mud terrain tires, top down and drive really fast. You won’t even notice that fake ass engine noise.
Unless of course you're amplifying frequency modulation from the ANC algorithm ;)

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Also a 2.7 owner here and I could not agree more. I mean unless it’s under full load, it is eerily reminiscent of my dear old mom’s Singer sewing machine.

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They should change the heading and at least have some idea what they are talking about... The Bronco is not a hybrid or EV to where Ford has a need to inject motor / engine sounds.

Get you a line filter and/or find a better power supply.

Even better, take to an audio shop...;)

jh3113

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Make sure your ground connections are secure and have a good connection.

Last edited:

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a 2.7 with lux on a wildtrak (2022). When it gears down on the highway, it actually sounds beefier than I ever expected a 2.7 6cyl to sound. It wouldn’t surprise me at all to find out that it’s fake engine noise. Doesn’t sound like it’s coming from the stereo to me, it seems like it makes about the same amount of noise no matter what volume level I have my music on, but who knows? I don’t plan on adding any subs that would make my fake engine noise sound any faker anyway, but it still just seems wrong for a tiny V6 to pretend like it’s a V8 by piping in fake engine noise. Like leaving a couple magnum condoms out on the night stand for your guests to see, even though they’d be baggier than MC Hammer’s parachute pants.
Sponsored