Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey all,

I installed an aftermarket amp and subs in my 4 door lux OBX, and I'm running into an issue. Whenever I accelerate, my subs give off a hum in time with the engine, and after some googling, I discovered the engine sounds in these is fake/amplified.

Does anyone know if it's possible to disable the fake engine sound? Will I have to go through the dealer?

List of equipment used in case anyone's curious:

2 Skar SVR-12s in custom enclosure
Skar RP-1500.d amplifier
Knukonceptz 4 AWG OFC wiring kit
AudioControl LC2i tapped into front kick panel speakers (gonna need to patch into the factory sub wiring, these speakers don't have much bass below 60hz)

EDIT: Looks like the consensus is that there isn't necessarily "fake engine noise" on the Bronco's, but instead a high possibility of at least some sort of Active Noise Canceling signal being output from the B&O DSP. This sort of signal is MUCH more difficult to detect with the naked ear, but is much more pronounced if you start adding aftermarket amps/subwoofers.

Also, just for clarification: the sound I'm hearing is nothing like the whine you get from a ground loop - it's a low bass note that only occurs when I really give the beans to the throttle and the engine makes noise. I won't hear a sound at 3,500 RPM unless I'm flooring it.

There's also this thread from the past discussing the same thing: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/fake-engine-sounds-kill-or-keep.4237/
Sponsored

Last edited:

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hate fake engine sound pumped into the cabin. Hope somebody figures out how to disable it via Forscan.

OP
OP
LightRefined

LightRefined

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FWIW, I don't believe anything the OP said is actually correct.
Hey, if I'm wrong, I'm all ears! I've seen in multiple places (including here on the forums) where people have mentioned the fake engine sound, and it makes sense with what I'm seeing.

Sponsored

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey all,

I installed an aftermarket amp and subs in my 4 door lux OBX, and I'm running into an issue. Whenever I accelerate, my subs give off a hum in time with the engine, and after some googling, I discovered the engine sounds in these is fake/amplified.

Does anyone know if it's possible to disable the fake engine sound? Will I have to go through the dealer?

Skar RP-1500.d amplifier
AudioControl LC2i tapped into front kick panel speakers (gonna need to patch into the factory sub wiring, these speakers don't have much bass below 60hz)
I dunno what you're hearing but there's no fake engine sounds sent through the speakers in a Bronco. Better check your wiring.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey all,

Skar RP-1500.d amplifier
I think it’s your speaker tap.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's because I've been building the data for that spreadsheet ground up. The 2021 F-150 Spreadsheet was "fully" decoded from Livintup and a ton of items are shared but not always. I reference that first for all changes. The spreadsheet you link is the verified results from that
So if it's not verified, why mention it?

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So if it's not verified, why mention it?
How in the hell do you think things on that list get verified lol. People trying suggestions. Usually I do them myself before submitting them but lately I haven't had the chance and offer others (many just willing) the chance to try it out.

OP
OP
LightRefined

LightRefined

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model