First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I can't turn it off, I'd rather not have it at all. I'd rather enjoy my music with less engine sounds getting in the way than listen to some made-up noise that's probably louder than I want.
Sponsored

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don’t mind it. My Audi has it and you’d never know if you weren’t told, even then it’s so subtle that I can’t tell it’s fake. It sounds good and I wouldn’t turn it off if I could

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

JohnWayne

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2018 F350, 2015 Transit, 2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The fake noise isn't loud at all even in the sport mode; at lest on my F150. Can't hardly hear it in normal driving. No way to turn off even if the radio is off. Again at lest on my F150. I don't think the fake noise is going to be a problem for anyone. LOL I think our tires are gonna make more noise.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Need a "Keep it, who cares" option. Not that I like it, but I don't give two shits.

Sponsored

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One of the recent Moab ride-along videos had much more noticeable engine noise. Enough so that several people in the thread made comments that "the engine sounds great". I can't help but wonder now if it might have actually been this fake sound getting picked up from the speakers....

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Get rid of it, make it optional, at least be able to delete it on build, or make it user selectable and not a dealer fix to turn it off. Why must they force these things on us that almost no one wants?

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Need a "Keep it, who cares" option. Not that I like it, but I don't give two shits.
What if getting rid of it saved you $100?

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi OP, setting aside the electric Taycan with its recorded "Jetson" sound in sport mode, lumping Porsche in with the OEMs that play fake engine sounds is inaccurate. The newer Porsches now have an acoustic tube that brings sound from the engine compartment into the cabin. Nothing fake.

https://www.thedrive.com/tech/22834...tting-sneakier-about-engine-sound-enhancement

https://www.porsche.com/usa/aboutpo...gazine/archive/369/articleoverview/article06/

If Ford puts a system in my Bronco that pumps fake sounds through the audio system, I'm cutting the wires.
Interesting. So instead of saline or silicon, it is basically a push-up bra.

Sponsored

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My f150 with the 3.5 has it. It’s noticeable with all the windows up. Not super noticeable with them down. If you have your top off on the Bronco people outside aren’t going to hear it. It doesn’t bother me at all. Sounds better in the cabin than just the sound of the stock motor, although I do like the whistle. You can turn it off in for scan if you wish.

tc429

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 f150, 2019 f150, 69/06/07/09 mustangs 22 bron
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My f150 with the 3.5 has it. It’s noticeable with all the windows up. Not super noticeable with them down. If you have your top off on the Bronco people outside aren’t going to hear it. It doesn’t bother me at all. Sounds better in the cabin than just the sound of the stock motor, although I do like the whistle. You can turn it off in for scan if you wish.
my 19 3.5 lariat has it, love the truck...my 22 3.5 lariat has it, but ford severely muted it... the 22 is not as fun to drive as it sounds like a 6- more hp or not...99%of the time you arent driving at max power anyways, but the v8 rumble adds to the drive- the 22 sounds like our windstar did...sons 22 wildtrack lux pkg bronco has it, and it sounds like the 19 f150...part of whats brought me in here is looking for a 22 bronco APM, as found a guy who thinks it can go in my 22 f150, as i'd love my f150 to sound like the sons bronco...till then ill be driving the 19, wifes got the 22-she couldnt care less what a car sounds like.
gotta say driving the sons bronco, it feels strong as heck, and whether a muffler that adds more noise than power or a electronic fake version of the same effect- but with V8 harmonics, id take the fake stuff over a loud 6 sound- some with the turbos but fairly quiet note i kinda like, but i'm old and that old v8 rumble 'just sounds right' and adds to the effect from the drivers seat...my 19 i'd swear has a quiet bigblock under the hood, as it sounds-from drivers perspective- just like my 69 429 4 barrel, and runs stronger...the 22 has way more torque and hp than the old 429 ever did, but especially with added sound deadener in the lariats, the 3.5 sounds like our 98,000 mile windstar did...the 3.5 sounds 'loose' to me, way moreso than the bronco 2.7, just nature of the beasts...
one thing i think EVERYONE would agree on- if enhanced engine sound is designed in they absolutely shoulda made it selectable... Id have it on/wife -and 90% of others- would have it off...why ford muted it so much in F150, yet did not in the Bronco still is confusing to me though...same audio system, similar engine 'real' sound for active noise cancellation to reduce, yet Bronco sounds like late model F150, and new F150 sounds like windstar again... just a darn shame ford decides who gets what on a expensive vehicle that has unlimited touchscreen control possibilities...guys at work were joking around about adding a 2 stroke dirt boike sound profile LOL
Sponsored