Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Denali 2500HD Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wait a minute!....are you saying that my 23 Wildtrak Lux doesn't really sound that cool when i floor it??!! SOB! 😫🤣
Sponsored

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So what is the general consensus on disabling the fake engine noise? I recently switched my subwoofer signal from the B&O speaker level as the source to the SoundsGoodStereo.com B&O to KeyLoc (which uses a combination of interior speakers). Although the SoundsGoodStereo/Kicker Key solution works magic and no longer has bass roll off, I now get the fake engine noise in my 13 inch JL sub. I peeked around in the ACM with ForScan looking for some of the codes the Raptor guys are using but I find no equivalent.

Who knows the super secret code to disabling this on the Bronco Raptor/B&O system?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And I still say that it's only on the baby bronc....aka Sport. Turn everything off and tell me what you hear? Nothing.

Last edited:

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's there for sure. Could be the fake engine noise or something else. I think it's part of the ANC. I ran the RCAs from my KeyLoc into my home stereo and I get the rumble so that rules out a ground loop (unless my house is grounded to the same thing my bronco is :) )

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all,

I installed an aftermarket amp and subs in my 4 door lux OBX, and I'm running into an issue. Whenever I accelerate, my subs give off a hum in time with the engine, and after some googling, I discovered the engine sounds in these is fake/amplified.

Does anyone know if it's possible to disable the fake engine sound? Will I have to go through the dealer?

List of equipment used in case anyone's curious:

2 Skar SVR-12s in custom enclosure
Skar RP-1500.d amplifier
Knukonceptz 4 AWG OFC wiring kit
AudioControl LC2i tapped into front kick panel speakers (gonna need to patch into the factory sub wiring, these speakers don't have much bass below 60hz)

EDIT: Looks like the consensus is that there isn't necessarily "fake engine noise" on the Bronco's, but instead a high possibility of at least some sort of Active Noise Canceling signal being output from the B&O DSP. This sort of signal is MUCH more difficult to detect with the naked ear, but is much more pronounced if you start adding aftermarket amps/subwoofers.

Also, just for clarification: the sound I'm hearing is nothing like the whine you get from a ground loop - it's a low bass note that only occurs when I really give the beans to the throttle and the engine makes noise. I won't hear a sound at 3,500 RPM unless I'm flooring it.

There's also this thread from the past discussing the same thing: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/fake-engine-sounds-kill-or-keep.4237/
I would love to have some fake engine sound as long as it sounded like my coyote V8. They sound great in my F150s. Unfortunately the 5.0 doesn’t perform as well as the 2.7 or 3.5 so I’m willing to put up with no engine sound because of that, and obviously, an exhaust on a V6 sounds absolutely horrible, so I don’t want that.

Sponsored

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah. The coyote is a nice sounding motor. It would be nice to see them go back to a "real 5.0". Id love to see a small version of the Godzilla to go in the mustangs/half tons. A quad overhead cam direct injection motor with active fuel management is a far cry from the 5.0 in a 93 cobra :) (now those sounded good).

Squatched

Badlands
First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And I still say that it's only on the baby bronc....aka Sport. Turn everything off and tell me what you hear? Nothing.
Nah it’s def there couldn’t miss it.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Its not there on a Black Diamond.........

It's definitely there on the B&O systems. Amplifying the stock sub signal with an additional amp, amplifies the fake noise even more.

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its not there on a Black Diamond.........

It's definitely there on the B&O systems. Amplifying the stock sub signal with an additional amp, amplifies the fake noise even more.
Yeah. My SAS BD I had before this, I put a pretty beefy system in it. Absolutely no engine noise. It was a NON B&O/Non Lux truck. This is a Bronco Raptor B&O. Its not super annoying as you only really hear it at idle. I dont think its coming from the sub signal though. Im intercepting the other speakers and using a Kicker Key LOC/harness from Sounds Good Stereo (works really well). When I was amplifying the stock sub signal, there was no engine noise with pretty much the same setup. Only since switching from the sub signal to using the other speakers and the KeyLoc, do I hear the noise which shows that its coming from the kick panel speakers. I also would have figured they pumped it through the subwoofer but that doesn't seem to the case. I know the rangers and F150s have a pretty clear setting in the ACM. Just need to find it on the Bronco. Is see people editing the 787 series numbers in the ACM but mine are 727 which may be a variation in year/model/trim. Who knows.

Last edited:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is more fascinating than I realized. Just figured some of you were hallucinating. Mine's a BD stock sound, 22...

Sponsored

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey, if I'm wrong, I'm all ears! I've seen in multiple places (including here on the forums) where people have mentioned the fake engine sound, and it makes sense with what I'm seeing.
I don't have such a feature, but since you read it on the internet it must be true! lol
I think you're talking about BMW's!

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No other vehicles with several different engines have it. The Bronco has it if you select the 2.7 but it may be dependent on trim, maybe the 2.3 as well but I can't say for certain. Test vehicles were generally the highest package and it was a funny topic early on but I didn't really think about it much
I have a '21 2Dr Badland with Sasquatch with LUX & 2.7L and have never herd such a thing...

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

GTTom

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The fake engine noise is real. I bought my Wildtrak from a dealer when the original owner declined to take the order after it came in. When I first got my 2023 Wildtrak (with LUX package) I was curious why there were so many posts on adding aftermarket exhaust systems because mine sounded great. I watched some of the posted videos here on the forum of exhaust mods and thought, dang mine sounds better than that. In fact I wondered if the original order included some sort of performance exhaust upgrade. Then I started to listen more closely and realized the engine noise sounded more like a V8 than a 6 cylinder😜.
I let my daughter borrow my Bronco and I made it a point to stand there and listen as she drove off. Nope it does not sound as good on the outside as it sounds from inside when you accelerate.
Sponsored