Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Okay just called my buddy. It is part of the ANC setup so yeah more prominent and or exclusive to vehicles with Lux. It's part of the ANC (Active Noise Cancellation) so those without Lux either get a reduced version of the fake ass engine noise or none at all. I knew it was generally complained about for vehicles with higher trims. Anyways if you have Lux there is ANC in the DSP and you can turn it off with ForScan and see if it helps make it go away. @LightRefined

My original post in the ACM (Audio Control Module) is for Software ANC. Both may need to be disabled. Also both may not work. No clue but good luck. Weiners crossed

783-01-01*xxxxx--C=ANC Disabled D=ANC Enabled
So, I just changed this setting. I took a quick drive around the block and it seemed to make a noticeable difference. The engine sound is still there, but it's much less prominent. So, hopefully, it's just the "real" engine noise in the cabin now. I'll pay attention as I drive it more. Any idea if this setting changes any other sounds?
Sponsored

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I just changed this setting. I took a quick drive around the block and it seemed to make a noticeable difference. The engine sound is still there, but it's much less prominent. So, hopefully, it's just the "real" engine noise in the cabin now. I'll pay attention as I drive it more. Any idea if this setting changes any other sounds?
No it just turns off the noise cancellation feature.

Stonetree

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No it just turns off the noise cancellation feature.
This is kinda what confuses me about this setting. Active Noise Cancellation is used to remove background or surrounding noises. This setting does the opposite. If it's enabled, it increases engine noise. Weird. That's why I was asking if it affected any other noises.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is kinda what confuses me about this setting. Active Noise Cancellation is used to remove background or surrounding noises. This setting does the opposite. If it's enabled, it increases engine noise. Weird. That's why I was asking if it affected any other noises.
It’s not exactly accurate. The microphone has the technology of a pinecone.

I believe the audio engineers took stabs at guesstimating noises to isolate there really isn’t much depth in the system. And yes let me rephrase, the ANC filters out unwanted sounds but is also responsible for providing driver inspiring sounds. That’s how it was explained by a friend working with the systems. It’s more prominent on performance vehicles of course.

Stonetree

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s not exactly accurate. The microphone has the technology of a pinecone.

I believe the audio engineers took stabs at guesstimating noises to isolate there really isn’t much depth in the system. And yes let me rephrase, the ANC filters out unwanted sounds but is also responsible for providing driver inspiring sounds. That’s how it was explained by a friend working with the systems. It’s more prominent on performance vehicles of course.
LOL.... Got it. Thanks.

Sponsored

TimXXX

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just recently took my BS Badlands with B&O to upgrade the speakers and add an amplified sub. The B&O just isn't enough for me, so I took the plunge. Everything was installed at a very reputable, professional shop and they ran into the same issue with the "fake engine noise" coming through the sub. They have disconnected the sub until we find a way to disable the noise. I spoke with my local Ford dealer and they didn't know how to disable. Does anyone have a solution yet? I saw comments about Forscan, but I have no clue what that is or how to use it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TimXXX

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all,

I installed an aftermarket amp and subs in my 4 door lux OBX, and I'm running into an issue. Whenever I accelerate, my subs give off a hum in time with the engine, and after some googling, I discovered the engine sounds in these is fake/amplified.

Does anyone know if it's possible to disable the fake engine sound? Will I have to go through the dealer?

List of equipment used in case anyone's curious:

2 Skar SVR-12s in custom enclosure
Skar RP-1500.d amplifier
Knukonceptz 4 AWG OFC wiring kit
AudioControl LC2i tapped into front kick panel speakers (gonna need to patch into the factory sub wiring, these speakers don't have much bass below 60hz)

EDIT: Looks like the consensus is that there isn't necessarily "fake engine noise" on the Bronco's, but instead a high possibility of at least some sort of Active Noise Canceling signal being output from the B&O DSP. This sort of signal is MUCH more difficult to detect with the naked ear, but is much more pronounced if you start adding aftermarket amps/subwoofers.

Also, just for clarification: the sound I'm hearing is nothing like the whine you get from a ground loop - it's a low bass note that only occurs when I really give the beans to the throttle and the engine makes noise. I won't hear a sound at 3,500 RPM unless I'm flooring it.

There's also this thread from the past discussing the same thing: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/fake-engine-sounds-kill-or-keep.4237/
I am having the same issue, did you ever find a fix for this?

OP
OP
LightRefined

LightRefined

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am having the same issue, did you ever find a fix for this?
Hi!

Yes, I did find a solution. In the end, instead of grabbing the signal from the front kick panel speakers, I tapped into the signal wires going into the factory subwoofer. Since my LOC required 4 speaker wire inputs, I simply created a jumper cable to fill the two empty inputs. It works perfectly now and sounds great at 32HZ and up.

I'm not sure if the Bronco Sport B&O system is a direct match to the system in the Bronco, but that could certainly be worth a try for you!

TimXXX

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can confirm this worked. I added 2 subs and had awful Exhaust noise coming through the subs, but this fixed it. I have the LUX package for reference. Thanks for the help
This is what mine looks like:

783-01-01 D609 80EB

What needs to change to disable the noise?

HuffDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66' Bronco, 18' F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is what mine looks like:

783-01-01D60980EB

What needs to change to disable the noise?
You change that first "D" to a C". I just did it and it works like a champ. The fake noise is even louder/worse than I realized. Incredible difference. I despise the faux noise for some reason. Much better!

Sponsored

HuffDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66' Bronco, 18' F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya, I just did this change and it is dramatic. The faux engine noise sucks and the ANC must be pretty terrible because there ain't much of a difference there. All positive for me. Note that on my Badlands w the crappy B&O, I was looking for this 783-01-01 in the ACM module on Forscan but it was in the separate module called "DSP". Just change that D to a C and bam. I am brand new with this software but I am catching on I guess. Thanks again for the great info!

Broncosx2

Outer Banks
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had the Stinger Sub installed on my swing gate along with an amp at a local stereo shop. They are very good at what they do. I have the exact same problem and they told me to take my Bronco to the dealership and have the ANC disabled. When the dealership hooked it up to the computer........it was already de-activated. Obviously that did not fix the issue since it was already off from the factory. Made no sense to me but that is what it was set at. Very frustrating. I'm going to have it removed because the low base tone when accelerating is terrible and almost hurts the ears.

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why did they choose mail truck for the fake sound?

Lurker B6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Murph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, everyone knows that this has been around for a while, and that many vehicles have it.
But, there are many comments like "all Fords have it" or "Broncos have it" that are missleading.

For instance, it is known that some Explorers have the fake engine noise (ST's), and that others do not (base models). I am not saying that there may not be some kind of minor voodoo in play for the base models, but they do not have the fake engine noise of the top models.

This can only really be confirmed by pulling the signal direclty off of the back of the head unit (no runs, LOC's, nothing). And then evaluating the signal as the engine is rev'd. It is a clear and easy test (for an installer), but is really the only way to comment on what is really going on in the real world. I have yet to see any clear postings on this.

From reading this whole thing, it seems like the DSP on the LUX may be playing some games, but it does not seem like it is as overt as the fake engine noise that so many vehicles have. I did not see anyone with a sub-Lux package whining (pun intended) about the noises. This is my hope as I move towards a JL12W3 install with a high package.

Agrod

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Okay just called my buddy. It is part of the ANC setup so yeah more prominent and or exclusive to vehicles with Lux. It's part of the ANC (Active Noise Cancellation) so those without Lux either get a reduced version of the fake ass engine noise or none at all. I knew it was generally complained about for vehicles with higher trims. Anyways if you have Lux there is ANC in the DSP and you can turn it off with ForScan and see if it helps make it go away. @LightRefined

My original post in the ACM (Audio Control Module) is for Software ANC. Both may need to be disabled. Also both may not work. No clue but good luck. Weiners crossed

783-01-01*xxxxx--C=ANC Disabled D=ANC Enabled
I just did this change in my 2.7L Lux OBX in preparations to my subwoofer installation and I can confirm that the fake engine noise is gone. I was surprised on how quiet it is under acceleration, even in normal mode! Also, no audible change between normal and sport mode… awesome! I didn’t use sport mode before because of the exaggerated noise it added over normal mode.

My previous car (a normally aspirated Audi Q5 V6 3.2L) sounded the same in normal and sport mode since it lacked the fake engine noise the turbo models had. The turbo SQ5 has a dedicated external sub for fake exhaust rumble (aka soundaktor), for example.

I have yet to do a highway drive at 70mph, though.
Sponsored