Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah I find this odd and disturbing. First... focus Audio on Audio and not enhancing Engine Sounds. (So you are going to pay for the O&B so they can take resources to play fake engine noises?

Second, anyone that actually cares about what their Engine sounds like, will hate this and would most likely be modifying their exhaust anyway.. so they want to hear their performance exhaust and not some faux one.

But that does explain why all those rice burners think their fart cans sound good! :sneaky:
Sponsored

AKaye

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Corvette Grand Sport, 2005 Ford Focus SES
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Second, anyone that actually cares about what their Engine sounds like, will hate this and would most likely be modifying their exhaust anyway.. so they want to hear their performance exhaust and not some faux one.
I agree but Its not meant to please people who care about real vs fake engine noises. Its meant to provide a subconscious feeling of "sporty" or "muscley" to the buyers who dont care which is the majority of people who buy cars. Hence, why manufacturers keep adding these systems to vehicles. This forum is full of enthusiasts which is why the majority of this thread and the poll indicates to kill it with fire.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll take it. I'm all about it. You guys are weird haha. What's wrong with making us FEEL like we have something beefier than we do? And wanting it to play outside? Really? Like anyone gives a damn what a 2.3-2.7 Bronco sounds like hahaha. Maybe I'm getting old but I can't stand Harleys or even super loud cars anymore, ESPECIALLY imports or small motors with exhaust systems. Obnoxious & inconsiderate of people around you. My vote is make every car silent, have noise ONLY inside, and immediately outlaw Harleys. Hahaha, happy Saturday and I'm ready for my forum crucifixion now. BRING IT.
nope, your profile pic won the internet, so you HAVE to stay

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As some whoā€™s leased a few Ford vehicles in the past and currently leasing a 2019 Escape, I get why people hate it. It doesnā€™t bother me as much as it should but Ford has been doing it for years at this point and wonā€™t be stopping soon. And correct me if Iā€™m wrong but arenā€™t they doing it with the Mustang and F-150 5.0 as well? But the fake engine noise wouldnā€™t stop me from continuing from buying more Fords.

Sponsored

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a Focus RS and that had piped-in sounds. It complemented the engine's sound, but at times, it didn't exactly sync. People with the car figured out how to disconnect it and the difference was marginal at best, so I am not really sure what the driver is from manufacturers to keep doing it. Seems like a stupid endeavor when there are other things engineers can work on.

millsra13

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 2019 Toyota 4runner, 2003 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One possible benefit of the fake sound is getting the auditory que on when to shift the manual. I assume the 2.3l is super quiet and the digital tachometer that we've seen so far doesn't look all that impressive. I might keep it if it isn't too obnoxious. Until the V-8 swap that is...

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/the-2021-ford-bronco-sport-has-fraudulent-engine-noises/

ffs

The two most powerful Ford Bronco Sport models come standard with a premium Bang & Olufsen speaker system. Most drivers would probably appreciate this to play music, but Ford had other plans.
The stereo system constantly emits a V8 engine noise in time with the actual engine, even when audio isnā€™t playing.

(Edit add link)
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-ford-bronco-sport-badlands-v-8-noise-speakers/

Last edited:

RunninRiot

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I donā€™t want it more because you are already driving a convertible boxy SUV on 33ā€ tires. It will be plenty noisy without piping in unnecessary sound.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ripped it out of the last two cars that had it

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Car people: ā€œFake engine noises are an affront to god.ā€

Also car people: ā€œIā€™ll pay a $10,000 premium for a V8 just for the sound.ā€

(Not picking a side in the debate, just wanted to say it.)

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ripped it out of the last two cars that had it
How?
This is a HUGE turn off for me but if i can kill it no big deal

I also wonder If this is on all trims or just the upgraded sound system.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/the-2021-ford-bronco-sport-has-fraudulent-engine-noises/

ffs

The two most powerful Ford Bronco Sport models come standard with a premium Bang & Olufsen speaker system. Most drivers would probably appreciate this to play music, but Ford had other plans.
The stereo system constantly emits a V8 engine noise in time with the actual engine, even when audio isnā€™t playing.
1. That's for the Bronco Sport.
2. In the real article that they referenced, from Motor Trend, they love it and also speculate that it won't be done and most likely can't be done for the real Bronco due to the removable top and doors.

"We haven't had enough exposure to the bigger Ford Bronco and its 2.3-liter four-cylinder engine to know whether similar auditory magic is employed in that application, but we'd guess not. It probably wouldn't work very effectively with the top and doors off anyway, and it's a little "off brand" for a vehicle that trades so heavily on authenticity."
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-ford-bronco-sport-badlands-v-8-noise-speakers/

@ZackDanger I started about 10 different analogies for that, but they all ended up nsfw, lol. Fair poont, though!

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
1. That's for the Bronco Sport.
2. In the real article that they referenced, from Motor Trend, they love it and also speculate that it won't be done and most likely can't be done for the real Bronco due to the removable top and doors.
1. I know

2. As Ford applied it to other vehicles there is reason to suspect it in the Bronco. My biggest issue is there is no one at Ford that will confirm