Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great topic on light positioning!

The current SS5 I have on I decided to run them straight ahead. Does take some light out of the "ditch" but gives me more light ahead on the country roads I drive often that have a ton of deer. Doing 45+mph I found this more useful. When I ran my SS3 I actually set them up more outward. This was nice though I feel like when going fast enough, the lighting in the ditch is "behind" where I want to look (if that makes sense). If you decide to do this though, check out the video below from @Caleb@PandaMotorworks. They have a great reference point to align them outward.

*Fast-forward to 6:10 to see them talk about it.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've ran both on the Bronco. Really no difference at all.. The amount of glare you have is more dependent on the brand of lighting. I would skip the money for the brackets if you don't plan on running more than 1 set of lights.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thoughts on mounting square led light directly to the Bronco bolt without a bracket? If I'm only mounting one light on each side I don't see the need in a bracket. Plan to put some felt left over from splash guard to prevent scratching the plastic.
You need some way to adjust the light both in the horizontal and verticle if you want to be able to put the light where you want it. The bracket gives you that motion.

argrin

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tacoma TRD Offroad, KTM 690 E, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My SS3 pros in combo pattern work great straight ahead, slightly to the ditch or more to the ditch. They are tight enough to not move, but not so tight that I can't adjust them easy with my hand. If I am slow off road at night, I move them more to the ditch, if I am on back roads I slightly move them toward the ditch from straight.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Daytime pic:
20220513_162421.jpg

dusk picture with backlit amber on:
20220513_204413.jpg

Just took these pictures inside the garage so not best:
20221128_104248_resized.jpg

20221128_104301_resized.jpg

I will also add this:

I had the SS3 Pro before these SS5 Sports. Both are the combo pattern and I feel the SS3 might of shined slightly farther (My guess is due to being the Pro) but the SS5 broadcast lighting for up-close (my guess is due to having more LEDs with the SS5). Overall I'm happy with the SS5. Depending on what comes next year with the Laser lights, I might change them out again.
Beautiful setup! Diode Dynamics has a fantastic black friday deal of 20% off when you purchase directly from their website.

I picked up two sets of their SS3 lamps in flood configuration for the new bumpers inbound. Pro for the front, sport for the rear. I'm not very interested in the blacklisting option from them as then the factory overhead switches won't be as useful.

Any way you go, you have answers to your question, OP!

Sponsored

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Beautiful setup! Diode Dynamics has a fantastic black friday deal of 20% off when you purchase directly from their website.

I picked up two sets of their SS3 lamps in flood configuration for the new bumpers inbound. Pro for the front, sport for the rear. I'm not very interested in the blacklisting option from them as then the factory overhead switches won't be as useful.

Any way you go, you have answers to your question, OP!
My understanding is that you can wire the backlighting to be always on and the switch for the white lighting over-rides them to turn the light on.

@4x4TruckLEDs.com can correct me if I am wrong.

I went with a pair of SS3 pros for my ditch lights with backlighing.

Highly highly recommend getting them from 4x4truckleds.com They answer almost instantaneosly, stand behind their products, and ship incredibly quickly. They honor all the same sales.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My understanding is that you can wire the backlighting to be always on and the switch for the white lighting over-rides them to turn the light on.

Highly highly recommend getting them from 4x4truckleds.com They answer almost instantaneosly, stand behind their products, and ship incredibly quickly. They honor all the same sales.
Correct. If you leave the back-lighting on and switch the main power on, the back-light turns off.

Sorry we're a little slow this week. An 8 minute response is not like us :( I'll do better next time

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the standard wiring that comes from Diode, it comes with a tap so that you can connect them to the OE running lights. I cut that off and wired mine directly to Aux 6 so I could control them. When I use the Diode main lights, I don't have to toggle off Aux 6 as they turn off on their own.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looking for suggestions on aiming please. I have floods up on the a-pillar and also on the top corners of the front bumper. My goal is to light up the ditches and beyond to spot deer (already whacked one, don't want to do it again).

Which set should be aimed more to the side, and which set more to the front? My speculation is the bumper lights forward, angled towards the ditch a few degrees. The pillar lights a steeper angle more to the side ditches.

@4x4TruckLEDs.com pocket lights (spot, white fog, yellow fog) should be delivered today. These will help out in front of the truck.

Thanks.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I had my first set (ss3) I left them a hair loose on the bracket. Just mounted with the existing bolt. That let me reach out to adjust them while using them. Then I just decided to put lights on the whole truck. Now 2 switch flips and I light up a half mile in front and 1/4 mile around the sides.

117B10DA-0513-4E4E-B12C-A675F13E06CA.jpeg

8313212A-F762-42E5-A4BE-C7411917E6D2.jpeg

7F201979-61A5-404F-B8D1-B5313E2C9934.jpeg

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Yup, plenty of options, but having a bunch of random daytime running lights strewn about like a Dekotora truck is pretty lame.

I'm comfortable enough with my manhood that I don't need pseudo trucker gear or pseudo military trappings to know I'm a male.

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yup, plenty of options, but having a bunch of random daytime running lights strewn about like a Dekotora truck is pretty lame.

I'm comfortable enough with my manhood that I don't need pseudo trucker gear or pseudo military trappings to know I'm a male.
Nothing to do with manhood lol. Off way of looking at it.

For me, i have a raptor, so my goal is some nice accent lighting to the stock orange lights

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Exactly, does this illuminate the hood a lot and loose some of the lights capacity? Badlands have the lights on the mirror for up close so could focus outwards more, just don't want a lot of glare from the front end being lighted.
To me a ditch flood light in my case should not be pointed forward anyway. If they are spots then I guess they can point forward but you will have hood glare. Mine are angled off towards well the ditch area lol. You do get a little light on the hood but a two inch higher bracket is not going to cure that. I mounted mine the same. Removed the bronco bold and put it right thru the bracket that came with my lights. I also didn’t see a need to put another hunk of metal up there.

OP
OP

EGBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I went with direct to pillar, love the look. After looking at fog lights and kicking myself for getting the mod bumper I got a plan. Purchased the Rough Country kit with 6 off road cubes each with amber drls. I contacted them to see if they could send 4 off road light cubes with amber drls and 2 sae fogs but they could not. So went ahead with the kit as is and purchased a set of the sae fogs separately. Installed sae fog and 2 drl cubes in each bumper pocket. Then used the spare drls on the a piller.

20221202_195828.jpg

OP
OP

EGBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is the wiring in order to have the amber drls turn off when off road lights are turned on. Mistakenly swapped labels on 30 and 86 but with that minor change this will do the trick. Used switch 6, 5, 4 and 3.

Screenshot_20221202_205447.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: