Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Finally had the chance to install the Dashcam. Thought I would drop some pics to help others out. I did the best I could with the wiring to the back window. It definitely helps to have a fish rod. The cam wire is easily removed from the rear roof if I want to go topless. I used the Blendmount for the front cam but took the middle link out to get it higher.

20211227_151934.jpg

20211227_175240.jpg

20211227_175249.jpg

20211227_164307.jpg

20211227_164400.jpg

20211228_105422.jpg

20211228_105318.jpg

20211228_133746.jpg

20211228_145746.jpg

20211228_145831.jpg

20211228_145922.jpg
@Stonetree sorry for the thread resurrection, but what are those little black clips you used to hold the wires on the back glass.

about to tackle this and this looks super clean!
Sponsored

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yes, i do. I have to say it isn't perfect though as I sometimes can't connect to it remotely. Maybe others have experienced that too but the problems you list with the Nextbase sound much worse. I haven't experienced any freezes and the front and rear always work as long as you can connect. Parking mode does work pretty well and it gives me notifications for even movement. Almost to good but that is how I have it setup since you can control sensitivity in the software.

I will be honest, I have never heard of Nextbase and I think Vantrue is on the lower end side. I do know that Blackvue and Thinkware are about as good as it gets with consumer grade dash cams so I would personally stick with them. They have a big history of producing highly reviewed products. BTW, I think the Ford dashcam accessory is actually a Thinkware product but not the top of the line model currently offered. I almost went with Thinkware since I already have owned one for my other vehicle for the past 6 years and it still works as good as it did on Day 1. But I liked the remote accessibility features of Blackvue better. Like I said, it's not perfect but that is about the hardest part to get right.
@Panzer948 did you get the subscription model for the blackout app, or is the free version sufficient for you.

after reading your post I will be purchasing the DR900x. The parking feature is important since I park on the street across of my house for a couple of days at a time.

thanks for this write up!

Stonetree

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Stonetree sorry for the thread resurrection, but what are those little black clips you used to hold the wires on the back glass.

about to tackle this and this looks super clean!
Thanks! Those clips came in the box with the DR900x-2ch.

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks! Those clips came in the box with the DR900x-2ch.
Awesome thanks!

Did you go with the free cloud service or did you end up going premium with the monthly?

Stonetree

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Awesome thanks!

Did you go with the free cloud service or did you end up going premium with the monthly?
I stayed with the free service, but haven't used it. The Blackvue app is pretty clunky to use. All videos are only 1 minute long. This can't be changed. When I want to save some videos, I have to make sure I get to them before they are overwritten, since it recycles the memory card. I just ordered a 256GB card so I don't loose videos after a few days. To get the videos off of the BlackVue and uploaded to my Google Drive, I have to download the videos through the app (I think it downloads it to a reserved area of the memory card), then use the app's backup feature to save them to a folder on my phone. Then I can back them up from my phone to my Google Drive. Kind of a pain but I haven't found a better way.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Panzer948 did you get the subscription model for the blackout app, or is the free version sufficient for you.

after reading your post I will be purchasing the DR900x. The parking feature is important since I park on the street across of my house for a couple of days at a time.

thanks for this write up!
I use the free service which seems fine for my level. The app isn't perfect though and was hard to setup. I had to use tech support from the company I bought it. I would buy this from a reputable company for that reason alone (vs Amazon). I used Blackboxmycar.

JB4Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f 150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
so with the way it’s wired , there’s no issues of parking mode draining the battery? Or do you still have a setting on the camera to turn off after certain amount of time?

Stonetree

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

so with the way it’s wired , there’s no issues of parking mode draining the battery? Or do you still have a setting on the camera to turn off after certain amount of time?
It's set to turn off when the battery gets down to 12v. It's adjustable though.

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have mine set to cut off after camera senses voltage of vehicle is down to 12 volts. Never had an issue. It cuts off within a day or two it seems. The biggest problem with this model is not the parking recording mode, it's the real time notifications. My app goes to sleep a lot and i have to reconnect to the camera remotely to make sure real time notifications will work for awhile. I have complained to the seller that the product isn't as perfect as it reads on paper. But yes, it will definitely record in parking mode for you to retrieve later. I am just disappointed in the real time remote access feature. But to be honest, I dont think anyone has perfected this yet. Thinkware, which is Blackvues biggest competitor even has less real time remote notification features.

JB4Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f 150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have mine set to cut off after camera senses voltage of vehicle is down to 12 volts. Never had an issue. It cuts off within a day or two it seems. The biggest problem with this model is not the parking recording mode, it's the real time notifications. My app goes to sleep a lot and i have to reconnect to the camera remotely to make sure real time notifications will work for awhile. I have complained to the seller that the product isn't as perfect as it reads on paper. But yes, it will definitely record in parking mode for you to retrieve later. I am just disappointed in the real time remote access feature. But to be honest, I dont think anyone has perfected this yet. Thinkware, which is Blackvues biggest competitor even has less real time remote notification features.
thank you. yea I agree that would get annoying, but as you mentioned most have similar issues.

Sponsored

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have mine plugged into a battery pack gives you a lot more up time. Pretty expensive for what it is though I was fortunate to find an open box special.

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Panzer948 wondering if you can help me out w/ a diff wiring situation.

I followed your wiring set-up, using fuses #29 & #35 for this dash cam. I now find myself needing another 5A spare fuse for the Oracle Lighting Fiber Optic LED Dash Kit, but don’t think I have a place for it.

I tried using a Micro 3 fuse tap for fuse #9, but the plastic base of the fuse blocks it from fitting the fuse box.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@4x4TruckLEDs.com question. You guys have a Baja Designs roof light bar kit. The only options are in 50”

I have a trailrax syste, coming and it can accommodate 40” light bars.
Can I order the S8 light bar in 40” and would I need anything else? (Bracket / harness?)
the kits we sell bolt onto the factory roof bolts but if you are running an aftermarket system that has mounts for a 40” bayou should be able to just mount a bar

we have stock on bars - sku 64-0094 is the upfitter harness for an s8 bar on our site

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Panzer948 wondering if you can help me out w/ a diff wiring situation.

I followed your wiring set-up, using fuses #29 & #35 for this dash cam. I now find myself needing another 5A spare fuse for the Oracle Lighting Fiber Optic LED Dash Kit, but don’t think I have a place for it.

I tried using a Micro 3 fuse tap for fuse #9, but the plastic base of the fuse blocks it from fitting the fuse box.
Did you ever get this figured out? Just now seeing it.... I assume you want this to be powered on all the time, which makes a difference on where you should connect it. Let me know and I will look at mine tomorrow as I wired in a couple of extra items in other fuse locations.

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you ever get this figured out? Just now seeing it.... I assume you want this to be powered on all the time, which makes a difference on where you should connect it. Let me know and I will look at mine tomorrow as I wired in a couple of extra items in other fuse locations.
Still unresolved. Would like for it to be on so long as the engine is on. Already cut the ac adapter off so I’m dedicated to hardwiring it at this point.
Sponsored