Sponsored

DMOS Delta Shovel - (15% off discount code) Have you seen this thing???

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Coleman from Wally World…works just fine. Definitely not fancy like Applebees…

87B9F6B2-9234-4521-9621-75A808C48649.jpeg

903472C2-F9FD-47A0-9B2A-88588198C9FA.jpeg
It sure as shit ain't 250 Dollars like the OP

Shovels and E-Tools that don't show scratches said no CSM ever

You can put yourself together a nice pioneer kit for $250 and you don't need to go all HF to do it.
Yep, an E-tool will get it done far cheaper & I've dug through plenty with one on more than a few occasions ;) . I also have a MaxAxe
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve never understood why carry a FOLDING shovel in/on a vehicle. Posing?
I carry a Fiskars $30 shovel available on Amazon….doesn’t fold - before or during use.

I always have an E-tool in my vehicles. Stores easily and is always there if you need it. I do have a fixed shovel mounted in the bed of my Tacoma for real work, but sometimes the E-tool is all you need and it's always there. I guess I like posing.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All, I'm not sure if I am late to the game or not but I just ordered the Stainless Steel Delta Shovel and am extremely excited to get it in!

YES I KNOW, IT IS EXPENSIVE

I spoke with the shop and emailed with the owner and got some clarification on some of their models. The Delta model comes in cold rolled steel with power coating or a stainless steel blade. They also have a much lighter aluminum version of the delta too. I chose the stainless because it is reported to be similar in durability to the steel/powder coat but wont show as many scratches in the rocky terrain that I am normally in. They have some pretty awesome vehicle mounts too but I don't know how I will end up mounting it. I may use a $10 amazon shovel mount inside the cargo area, may do a Molle attachment to my JCR tailgate table, or may strap it to the factory roof rack bars... They also have some factory seconds right now that are about $50 off and the discount code still works on the sale items.

FYI DMOS gave me a 15% off discount code: KAMERON71812

Delta Shovel Link

Factory Seconds

https://dmoscollective.com/products/delta-shovel-steel?variant=39309388120175

1641502188175.png

NOTE* this is just a stock Photo. Mine should arrive this weekend.
You have to be sponsored by them or getting a kickback…$250 for a shovel? They’re smoking crack.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't mind paying a bit for something cool and a bit lux or whatever. But....WTF? I bet my $40 Mastercraft Maximum shovel will work better, and last longer, than this thing. Moving parts don't make a good shovel. I have a $30 folding shovel that isn't very good. But I can break it five or six times and come out even. I've broken it zero times in the last three years.

Maybe I'm missing something. What does this shovel do that's better than any other shovel?

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I always have an E-tool in my vehicles. Stores easily and is always there if you need it. I do have a fixed shovel mounted in the bed of my Tacoma for real work, but sometimes the E-tool is all you need and it's always there. I guess I like posing.
My nonfolding Fiskar is always right where I put it too.
Still don’t understand - folding shovels were designed by the military for carrying on belts, on or in packs, etc. Vehicles have plenty of room for non-folding tools……and I’ve always been concerned folding tools are meant to fold, shovels shouldn’t fold. My Leatherman is nice to carry on my belt, but is no substitute for real pliers/screwdriver/file/saw/knife.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Still don’t understand - folding shovels were designed by the military for carrying on belts, on or in packs, etc. Vehicles have plenty of room for non-folding tools……and I’ve always been concerned folding tools are meant to fold, shovels shouldn’t fold. My Leatherman is nice to carry on my belt, but is no substitute for real pliers/screwdriver/file/saw/knife.

If you want to keep a full size shovel in a 2dr Bronco all the time, more power to you. I'll just keep posing and have a tool that works for me 24/7.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still have my grandfather’s shovel from 1925. The handle’s only been replaced three times and the shovel blade twice.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whoa, you've obviously never had to use an e-tool. If you fold it at a 90 degree angle and then balance one cheek on it, bam you have yourself a toilet seat!

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll stick with my surplus e-tool and a Fiskars. The only review I've seen of the DMOS said it was a piece of shit.

Sponsored

snolen

First Edition
First Name
stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
so who is going to use it if I get one 🤔

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whoa, you've obviously never had to use an e-tool. If you fold it at a 90 degree angle and then balance one cheek on it, bam you have yourself a toilet seat!
Great idea…..just don’t slip and then try to explain to the ER doc how/why you instrumented yourself with a shovel.

snolen

First Edition
First Name
stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Your butler
If 250 isn't too much for a shovel, a butler named Jeeves isn't out of the realm of possibility
my cheap ass shovel will move just as much as the 250 shovel if I can get someone to use it