Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Impala, 22 Explorer, 23 Big Bend SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Long story will be made short.

We are a ford family. My Wife’s father retired from ford after 30 years. Family has purchased 30+ vehicles in that time.

We decided we wanted a Bronco. Went to local Phoenix dealer and ordered a 2 door and 4 door at the end of November of 2021. We received the email from Ford in December that our order was received. Was a BB with only SAS, 2.7, tow, switches, mod bumper. Same specs for each but added in the MIC for the 4 door.

Through all of 2022 I emailed dealer every month looking for updates. Every call was checked with the order processing team and it was always “in processing”. This is nothing strange with all the delays. As 2023 started I decided to start calling ford marketing to check. January, February, March, April, always told by ford that vehicles were both still order processing. Then on my last call in April, corporate tells me both of my orders were canceled. Apparently I was supposed to receive an email that asked if I wanted to transition my order to a 2023. This really makes me mad. Why, why would the default answer for this question not be yes, I want the car I ordered and have not received?

So now I have no broncos in queue. After a lot more calls and frustrating calls with ford and also dealer, both who pointed fingers at each other, I had no choice but order new broncos. So in May I reordered both in the exact same specs as previous.

fast forward and as of Jan 2, my bronco arrived at dealer. The 2 door. 4 door was transitioned to a 2024 since it didn’t make it as a 2023 order.

Now the fun part, both Ford and the dealer are now saying that I am screwed on getting any price protection and the $45k price I originally had for my order in November of 2021 is going to be a $53k msrp for the car on the lot.

This is my first ever experience ordering a vehicle. I have nothing from the dealer for my original order in 2021. We had ordered multiple cars from the dealer over the 10 years we have lived in phoenix. We trusted them to do their job.

Do not trust anyone is the lesson.

Ford, the dealer, the local regional ford rep…..none want to step up and make it right. There is plenty of paper trail and call logs with the dealer and ford to prove that I had an order and received exactly the same car I ordered in 2021 but no one wants to make that exception.

now I have to decide if I still want it for the extra $9k.
Sponsored

USSCajun

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 BD, Sas, 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Basic tenant of business life, get it in writing and signed.

Your 2 door is nothing special, look at other dealers and find one in inventory and take your $9K elsewhere.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure of where you reside but Broncos in the Mid Atlantic region ,both 2023 two and four doors are selling at or under sticker. I have watched several two doors that have been on dealer lots for almost two months. As mentioned in a previous post, you can save your money and find a Bronco in stock.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t get it. Has MSRP increased that much or are they marking it up? No way I would pay any markup on a Bronco now. They’ve been out like 3 years.

OP
OP
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I know mine is nothing special. However, the price change is all just the price increases. When I built the Bronco in 2021, it was an MSRP of just under $45k. With all the ford price increases, the same exact order is just over $53k.

if I go to any other dealer, I am still paying close to MSRP for a bronco that is a very similar spec and that MSRP is now $53k.

As I said, don’t make my mistakes. Of course hindsight is 2021. Just trying to give anyone else some foresight for my hindsight.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow I had no idea that MSRP increased that much. Just did the same build as my 21 Badlands and it’s like $7k more! How do they justify that?

emkayw

Base
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow I had no idea that MSRP increased that much. Just did the same build as my 21 Badlands and it’s like $7k more! How do they justify that?

Gimme a "G"!...Gimme a "R"!...Gimme two "E"s!...Gimme a "D"! What's that spell? GREED

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

There are still 23s available for msrp and under all over the country. Just look on carfax, or the various Bronco sales FB groups.

C-Note

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like ‘your’ dealer just lost a good customer. The Bronco roll out has been nothing but a disaster fir the consumer, not so much for Ford or their dealers though.

USSCajun

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 BD, Sas, 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know mine is nothing special. However, the price change is all just the price increases. When I built the Bronco in 2021, it was an MSRP of just under $45k. With all the ford price increases, the same exact order is just over $53k.

if I go to any other dealer, I am still paying close to MSRP for a bronco that is a very similar spec and that MSRP is now $53k.

As I said, don’t make my mistakes. Of course hindsight is 2021. Just trying to give anyone else some foresight for my hindsight.

Don’t pay the dealer who dropped the ball the $9K, go to another out of spite. You’re still out $9K either way.

Sponsored
OP
OP
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don’t have FB but will do another autotrader look. Under MSRP is one thing, getting my price protection back to my original order price is not possible though unless I want to buy a used 2021 with 20k+ miles

I have expressed to dealer and ford corporate that the only person that is getting the bad end of my deal is me.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see you are fairly new here but one thing we have preached here over the years is to be proactive about your order and verify everything. It is way to late to try and claim price protection on a MY22 order that didn't get converted. But as others have pointed out, there is value to be found if you do some research and are possibly willing to travel a bit

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Bronco that checked all the boxes for me had a MY22 MSRP of $42k and change, to order those same minimum options (4D/Sas/2.7/Mic) on a Bronco today would come with a $16K price bump.

Eliminator

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, kinda staggering. The Bronco base price has increased from $28,500 to $39,130 in 36 months, a $10,630 increase (+37%).
Funny, I remember my first new car purchase was a 1985 Honda CRX Si at $7900. I was 18 and had a ball in that fun to drive car. Oh how times have changed. I’m sure I will enjoy the Bronco I ordered which now shows “in production.” 🤞🏻

OP
OP
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The big increases in price were at the low end. My theory is Ford did it to make sure they drive people to the higher models.

They didn’t like people asking, “Why get a badlands when a base was able to get 90% there for $10k less”?
Sponsored