Sponsored

Double Honk Complaints Can Be Solved By Turning Off Setting?

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I may be corrected here (OMG!). Ford has had the double honk on every keyless model I have owned. No doubt it’s a corporate standard for all of their models(?).

I would also guess that Federal Regulations (CFR) require an audible warning when the driver (along with the key) exits the vehicle while it is running.
Doubt any federal standard. Maybe California.

Simple answer is font close the door all the way.
Sponsored

Silver&Black_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Sherief
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC (2010), '21 Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t have a keypad because they look too dorky for life.
I completely agree! That's why I asked my dealer to order it, and just throw it in the glovebox so I can apply it to the truck myself.

The Forscan double-honk elimination took all of 5 mins! Spent way more time researching it than executing it.

Ford Bronco Double Honk Complaints Can Be Solved By Turning Off Setting? 8F00BD2C-C443-42AB-85F4-A4DD715CA9E6_1_105_c

superdude12

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Turn it off with FORSCAN

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I may be corrected here (OMG!). Ford has had the double honk on every keyless model I have owned. No doubt it’s a corporate standard for all of their models(?).

I would also guess that Federal Regulations (CFR) require an audible warning when the driver (along with the key) exits the vehicle while it is running.
If it is such an important safety feature then why doesn’t it just shut the vehicle down? Crap. Hope I don’t give them any ideas.
I left my vehicle running today. Wife waited in the car. Had to think real quick. Do I leave with key or remove key from pocket and leave in the car. Just something that’s not needed in my opinion.

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2dr, 15 Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Those settings will not disable the double honk.

It's a non issue if you change your behavior just a bit. Just don't leave the key in your pocket when you get out of the vehicle with it running. If you want to secure the vehicle while running, use the keypad to lock and unlock. It is quite simple.

Many apparently can not grasp the concept though. Like John Wayne said “Life is tough, but it's a whole lot tougher if you're stupid.”
God forbid if you've got your fob on a keychain or you didn't option for a big black Tic Tac.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

God forbid if you've got your fob on a keychain or you didn't option for a big black Tic Tac.
They're no longer black and can also be relocated inside the gas door if they're that offensive.
Sponsored