Sponsored

Double Honk Complaints Can Be Solved By Turning Off Setting?

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve read so many compaints about the double honk here, and I’m really baffled when you can simply just shut it off in the settings, without Forscan. Maybe I’m missing something. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Ford Bronco Double Honk Complaints Can Be Solved By Turning Off Setting? E8C928B0-82A6-44D4-9558-1B201057EFB4
Sponsored

kr_1315

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Tundra, Explorer, IS500, '23 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Those settings will not disable the double honk.

It's a non issue if you change your behavior just a bit. Just don't leave the key in your pocket when you get out of the vehicle with it running. If you want to secure the vehicle while running, use the keypad to lock and unlock. It is quite simple.

Many apparently can not grasp the concept though. Like John Wayne said “Life is tough, but it's a whole lot tougher if you're stupid.”

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I may be corrected here (OMG!). Ford has had the double honk on every keyless model I have owned. No doubt it’s a corporate standard for all of their models(?).

I would also guess that Federal Regulations (CFR) require an audible warning when the driver (along with the key) exits the vehicle while it is running.

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Neither of those settings control the double honk which occurs when you exit the vehicle while running without leaving the key inside, which is where the complaints stem from.
Mislock chirp alerts you when you try to lock the vehicle when a door isn’t fully shut. Audible alert is for when you press the lock button on the fob twice.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t know what I’m missing. I disabled something the first week without any special tools. No more double honk. 🤷🏻‍♀️
My vehicle is 2023 btw. Not sure if that matters.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would also guess that Federal Regulations (CFR) require an audible warning when the driver (along with the key) exits the vehicle while it is running.
Our Jeep Cherokee does nothing when you exit with the fob in your pocket. Well, nothing annoying, anyway. You get a ding dong inside the car and a message on the screen saying “FOB HAS LEFT THE VEHICLE”. That’s it.

It burned us one time years ago. The wife left the car running in the garage because she forgot to shut it off. Fortunately, it was only for like 5 minutes and I had to take the trash out and found it running. Shamed her mercilessly and neither of us have made that mistake since.

Now, this is a 2019 model. So who knows - maybe there’s some newer federal regulation. But my gut says “doubt it”. I think this is just Ford “thinking” they’re being helpful but instead being ”really really f’ing annoying”

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That doesn’t work. Most annoying feature in the history of automobiles and Ford does it 100% by choice. Maddening. I don’t have a keypad because they look too dorky for life.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t know what I’m missing. I disabled something the first week without any special tools. No more double honk. 🤷🏻‍♀️
My vehicle is 2023 btw. Not sure if that matters.
So if you go outside right now, start your Bronco, exit said Bronco while it is still running and with the key fob in your pocket, close the driver side door upon exit, your Bronco does not honk the horn twice?

OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmm, I’ll try it, but by the hell are you doing that? Lol

Last edited:

Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hmm, I’ll try it, but by the bell are you doing that? Lol
Because you want to check the mailbox but don’t want to turn off your Bronco and restart it. Or you want to run into the quickie mart for a cup of coffee. etc etc

Now, obviously, If you just leave your fob in the rig all the time - this doesn’t happen.

But then you run the risk of somebody hopping in the vehicle and stealing it while you’re out. Or, forgetting that you left the fob in the vehicle and somebody stealing it overnight.

There are plenty folk who keep the Bronco in a locked garage all night and live in a safe city where car thefts are not so common. These are the folks who don’t care about the double honk because they never hear it.

But they are in the minority (search for my poll on this in another thread)

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmm, I’ll try it, but by the bell are you doing that? Lol
A number of reasons.
Have a manual so can't remote start to warm up
Get out to retrieve mail, trash can etc
Get out while off roading to recon obstacle
Do any of the above but leave door open and wind closes it, double honk
Do any of the above but leave door open and then passenger exits vehicle and closes their door, double honk

Pugsly

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hmm, I’ll try it, but by the hell are you doing that? Lol
EVERY WEEKEND When I go to get coffee and my wife is still inside the nice warm running bronco and I get out, shut the door "HONK HONK".

Thankfully its been disabled with forscan. Thank you ford, I know its running I don't need your damn reminder.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The double honk tells you you're Eff'ing up something. I've had it happen a couple times to me. I like the feature.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve started mine during the winter, shut the door to place trash bins by the road, DOUBLE HONK. Me, nor my neighbors appreciate this feature at 3am when I’m leaving for work.
Sponsored