Sponsored

Turning off double horn beep when exiting vehicle while running????

OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I can see why this would be annoying.
It sure is, most of the lakes I fish on the ramps are located near or on a nature trail. And for one, as the door is closing I'll make it to the front end and the horn double taps and usually spooks me. By now after 5 months of ownership I'd be used to it, but yeah as you age, so does your brain. And second, the patrons walking the nature trail get spooked when it goes off and always look at me as if I did it on purpose.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes. No clue. I was looking into getting one for the reasons you stated. I won't purchase untill I can conform it works with my 2023 without causing an issue.

Ah shit the video is unavailable!

I will check this out now. Thank bud

OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes. No clue. I was looking into getting one for the reasons you stated. I won't purchase untill I can conform it works with my 2023 without causing an issue.

First thing I saw on benefits is ......
  • Speedometer adjust for Tire Size 28.25 - 36.25"
With running 37's actual circumference is 36.85", should still get me reasonably close enough to true mph readout wouldn't you think?

OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just purchased the flashcal, will be here Saturday!

Sponsored

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Superchips flashcal might also be an option for you. Doesn't seem to be available for 2023 models yet though.
The day it drops for MY23. Omg. Buying- so done with that fucking double beep. 😂

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I fish Monday thru Friday and tow my boat doing so. When I get to the boat ramps I have to exit vehicle to unhook boat and when I leave I have to exit vehicle to drive boat up on trailer. But that damn double horn blowing alert when exiting while vehicle running and key fob in pocket drives me nuts. Is there a proper way in settings to turn that off? I've looked throughout the setting can not find option to, and visually scoured the electronic vehicle manual, and nothing.
1. Leave key fob in vehicle before you exit. If you know you are going to the boat ramp, leave key fob in vehicle when you start it to begin your journey.
2. Don’t shut the drivers door completely while vehicle is running with the key fob in your pocket.

OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
1. Leave key fob in vehicle before you exit. If you know you are going to the boat ramp, leave key fob in vehicle when you start it to begin your journey.
2. Don’t shut the drivers door completely while vehicle is running with the key fob in your pocket.
That sounds logical as you state it. But on your first remark, I have had this experience where I left key fob in my Ram once and the truck still locked itself and me out. So I literally do not trust electronic intelligence LOL!
2ND, most boat ramps are on a descent of about 30-45°. So literally is impossible to keep door open.

But its all good, I just purchased the Super chips FlashCal, will arrive Saturday. Thanks bud!

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That sounds logical as you state it. But on your first remark, I have had this experience where I left key fob in my Ram once and the truck still locked itself and me out. So I literally do not trust electronic intelligence LOL!
2ND, most boat ramps are on a descent of about 30-45°. So literally is impossible to keep door open.

But its all good, I just purchased the Super chips FlashCal, will arrive Saturday. Thanks bud!
I see you went with the flashcal.
I just did the forscan on mine to remove the double beep. It was nerve wrecking at first. Real easy after watching a couple yt videos. also was able to add Baja mode to my BD that way.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1. FordPass allows you to lock or unlock your vehicle via your iPhone or Iwatch. Purchase the 100.00 keypad so you can lock or unlock your vehicle.
2. I didn’t say leave the “door open” I said “don’t close the door all the way”. That means close the door “slightly” not “completely”.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well I received the SuperChips Flashcal in today. Now I got to go online and perform updates from my laptop to handheld.

Now I can get rid of the double horn beep and change the tire circumference to 37".

IMG_20230211_164957.jpg

IMG_20230211_165401.jpg

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I received the SuperChips Flashcal in today. Now I got to go online and perform updates from my laptop to handheld.

Now I can get rid of the double horn beep and change the tire circumference to 37".

Ford Bronco Turning off double horn beep when exiting vehicle while running???? IMG_20230211_165401

Ford Bronco Turning off double horn beep when exiting vehicle while running???? IMG_20230211_165401
Is there anything in the directions about MAC compatibility? I'm looking to get one of these but don't have a Windows machine.

OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is there anything in the directions about MAC compatibility? I'm looking to get one of these but don't have a Windows machine.
I will check that out for you and get back.

OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes it does, here is the 1st step with the download screenshot.

IMG_20230211_174957.jpg

OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I accomplished 4 re-calibrations

1- recalibrated tire circumference from 32" - 37"
2- recalibrated TPMS to 37psi at each corner
3- got rid of the double horn sound when exiting truck while running with fob in pocket!
4- disabled auto start/stop
Sponsored

Last edited: