First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I disagree. My dealer has a standing policy that they will not take a deposit.

Regardless, we will see when ordering starts. let’s see if granger and Stevens ask for a deposit.

again abandon orders become dealer stock so dealers really don’t really care if you are serious buyer or not. They would love to sell it to a walk in customer and get more money.

Yep. I plan on bringing my own Credit Union as a backup for financing. If Ford offers better financing (unlikely I think, though my credit union isn't GREAT) then I would ask them to see what they would give me. I've just heard of soft credit pull vs. hard credit pull and was curious of the difference.
I don't think a dealership asking for an additional deposit makes them non-legitimate or shady. With the new penalties that Ford is going to be implementing for Broncos that are not delivered to the original reservation holder, I expect many dealers will now be requiring deposits at time of order as a way to weed out those that are more likely to walk away from the sale.

As far as a down payment, no that should not be required until pick-up/delivery.

I know the timing sucks but if you are not able to swing $500 (or whatever) for a deposit then you probably should not be buying one. Theoretically, the deposit money should be coming out of your down payment kitty (not your Christmas budget). If you have not started on saving for a down payment yet then you probably won't have the money by the time your order comes in, thus increasing your potential to walk from the sale, then the dealer gets penalized. Which goes back to the beginning of my post.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I disagree. My dealer has a standing policy that they will not take a deposit.

Regardless, we will see when ordering starts. let’s see if granger and Stevens ask for a deposit.
I will be curious to see what Granger and Stephens do as I believe they already said no additional deposits required. Same with your current dealership (although if you bought 2 Raptors from them they should know you are not going to walk and make an exception). But these new penalties are not something any dealership is going to want a part of (at least so I have heard).

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will be curious to see what Granger and Stephens do as I believe they already said no additional deposits required. Same with your current dealership (although if you bought 2 Raptors from them they should know you are not going to walk and make an exception). But these new penalties are not something any dealership is going to want a part of (at least so I have heard).
Granger has stated many times they won’t require anything else after the initial $100 reservation deposit ..

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are we going to have to pay the full down payment whenever we go to A dealership to place the order or just leave a deposit?
When I order my 2019 raptor I just had to leave a 1g deposit until it arrived and that’s when we took care of the actual down payment.
Not from us the only thing required is your order specifications...

Sponsored

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I doubt any credit check is required because dealerships want you to abandon your order because abandoned orders become dealer stock.

Honest dealers really don't want you to abandon your order. Even dishonest ones probably don't because it sounds like there are some major perks to a high conversion rate and some sever penalties for a low conversion rate. This is based on comments by various dealers on this site and a little reading between the lines plus a dash of having worked at a few dealerships.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I understand BUT life will happen between placing your order in December and receiving it 4-6months later. A dealer has no control whether or not if you come back and actually take delivery.

All I am saying is that if you don't take delivery then they have a bronco for dealer stock.

Honest dealers really don't want you to abandon your order. Even dishonest ones probably don't because it sounds like there are some major perks to a high conversion rate and some sever penalties for a low conversion rate. This is based on comments by various dealers on this site and a little reading between the lines plus a dash of having worked at a few dealerships.

jason1114

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are we going to have to pay the full down payment whenever we go to A dealership to place the order or just leave a deposit?
When I order my 2019 raptor I just had to leave a 1g deposit until it arrived and that’s when we took care of the actual down payment.

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand BUT life will happen between placing your order in December and receiving it 4-6months later. A dealer has no control whether or not if you come back and actually take delivery.

All I am saying is that if you don't take delivery then they have a bronco for dealer stock.
True, Life does happen but saying dealers WANT you to abandon your order is not the same as life happening. Some dealers will take advantage of abandoned orders, some will sell them as if they are reservations. But I suspect that good dealers will do a lot to try and make sure as many reservations are converted to completed orders due to the perks/penalties Ford has. Bad dealers are bad dealers and we're seeing some of their tactics already.
Sponsored