Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love my Toyos and find them great in slick stuff.
I've been meaning to ask you about your experience. Thanks for replying.

Just add this to the hundreds of other reviews that say exactly the same thing ... part of the reason I bought them and was excited to try them... yet here I am with the worst AT tire I have ever ran in any condition.

No joke, it's hard to launch on simple wet pavement without breaking traction. Lord help if it is 40* or colder also.
32psi is bad ... the dealer reset to 35psi after an oil change ...LOL.... bricks with zero traction...ZERO.
Dropped back to 32psi, noticed the improvement, figured WTH, try 30psi .... better, but still lousy.

I've had good luck with Firestones, BFG's and Michelins (so called AT's) back in the day ... so it's not like I'm new to truck tires.

Might try the Mickey Thompson AT's next, supposed stellar reviews there also.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BigRed13

BigRed13

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco E Load tires 2B079451-199F-434E-88D5-79827430D97A

These are what I’d like to run as long as they wouldn’t feel like bricks. Anyone got ideas or experience with these?

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
that is the exact tire im running on my 2d BB with 4.27axle . I am really really happy with the ride and low noise , every passenger that has been with me I ask it they can hear the tire road noise all have said it is pretty quiet , I agree. I run 35psi but if you want a very smooth ride air down to 32 or a little less . 35 psi on hi way I getting 19mpg @ 69-70 mph which I think is great for a brick with heavy tires compared to the lite Bridgestone it came with.
a pic for reference . I have true 33's now and love the stance.did not have to remove crash bars.
Ford Bronco E Load tires 68670584302__250E76D2-A525-466B-907C-42D18867B151

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
^^^ PS hope that helps to make up your mind , also the best milage warranty out there @ 60K^^^

and I swapped wheels , I found the outer banks wheels for a very good price and that is what is on my BigBend , I was always a fan of the OB wheels .

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got the 35” buckshot 2’s. Running 31-35. Think they ride just fine. Not above 36 psi. Get a little rough after that.

Sponsored

MudMonsterRacin

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got 6ply tires for my black diamond. I almost got a set of the outerbanks wheels and had them powder coated black till i found out you couldn't get a C in a 33 for them. I had 10 ply tires on my f150 and chalked the tires and they rode like total trash compared to the 6 ply tires at the psi where they would wear good. Plus their heavier. If i were rock crawling Id consider it but for daily driving I wouldn't. Just my opinion and experience.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have 285/70/17 BFG KO2's that are E rated on my Bison as an upgrade to the same tire in C rating. I also added 100lb extra weighted springs and I think it is overkill. The ride is to hard now, I can't say it's just because the tires, but on the road it has killed the great ride except when I'm off-road and heavily loaded. I will be going back to C rated tires when these wear out. If the C's have enough weight rating for what your Bronco is, I don't think you'll get any benefit going to E. This is just my personal experience.
This mimics my experience running E rated tires on a 1/2 ton truck. Never again will I run E rated on anything lighter than a 3/4 ton truck.

What you ask is very subjective and also very tire specific.

There are a load of people that are pleased with the ride with Load Range E tires.

I cannot stand the ride of my Load Range C Toyo Open Country AT 3's in 35 x 11.5 - 17. Very stiff tire.
The charts say I should be at 32psi.
It rides like a stage coach.
It gets better at 30psi, would probably be best at 28 but I'm not sure about running them that low at street speeds.

My next set, I'll step down to SL rated 33's.

Also , the rubber is so freaking stiff on these things they are down right dangerous in any thing remotely slick .... rain, snow ... whatever. They simply do not engage the pavement.
I run those tires at 30 psi per Toyos weight chart and they are perfectly fine on highway. I do go to 33psi on longer interstate trips though for maybe better mpg.
Most people over inflate. I go by my actual weight, not GVWR.

I love my Toyos and find them great in slick stuff. Tires have got to be one of the more subjective things out there. They are overly heavy for a C rating and suspect they are made for uses above C load.
I have the 285/75R17 Toyo OC AT3 on my Badlands, I run them at 36 psi. The ride is similar to the stock BFG KO2 tires. The road handling is impressive, it corners better than it has any business doing. I don’t drive my truck in snow, so I can’t opine on the Toyo’s snow performance, but I have driven them in below freezing temps without noticing any loss of traction.

I would’ve preferred a lighter tire than these at 59 pounds, but I wanted the 285/75R17 size in a C load and the options are limited. My Method wheels are 2 pounds lighter than the stock Badlands wheels, so the weight difference ends up being 6 pounds per corner. I was strongly considering a 285/70R17 SL rated tire, some of them were 43-45 pounds. With as little as I drive (I have a work truck, the Bronco got 2600 miles in the first year) the Toyo’s should last me a long time.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Finally found a Bronco that was very close to our original build. Its an OBX, and wanting to keep the stock rims, but move up tire size. I've seen allot of people with the 275/70/18, and like the look. I'm hoping for some good feedback on the ride quality change with being an E load rated tire. My wifes going to be the primary driver and will not be happy with me if it rides like a stagecoach.
I have E on mine. Ride is great. I run them at 25psi. Chalk tested as well. Its all about air pressure

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are you saying just air them down, or the E at its recommended pressure would ride the same as a lower load rate tire of the same manufacturer at its recommended psi?
Tires are not to be run at same pressure as stock. Only the exact same load,size is same as stock. Pressures have to do with load rating,size and vehicle weight.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been meaning to ask you about your experience. Thanks for replying.

Just add this to the hundreds of other reviews that say exactly the same thing ... part of the reason I bought them and was excited to try them... yet here I am with the worst AT tire I have ever ran in any condition.

No joke, it's hard to launch on simple wet pavement without breaking traction. Lord help if it is 40* or colder also.
32psi is bad ... the dealer reset to 35psi after an oil change ...LOL.... bricks with zero traction...ZERO.
Dropped back to 32psi, noticed the improvement, figured WTH, try 30psi .... better, but still lousy.

I've had good luck with Firestones, BFG's and Michelins (so called AT's) back in the day ... so it's not like I'm new to truck tires.

Might try the Mickey Thompson AT's next, supposed stellar reviews there also.

Hate to hijack the thread, but here goes.

The Toyo 35X11.50 is an anomaly. C rated, but built like an E. Toyo makes the same tire in C rated 35X12.50 and E rated 35X12.50. You would expect of the three tires, the 35X11.50 would be lightest, but it is actually closer to the weight of the E rated 35X12.50. I think most of that weight is in the sidewalls, which is why I chose that specific tire. I don't know why they only have a C rating as they are way overbuilt for that.

Different expectations, different road surface, different driving habits, etc. play into our likes and dislikes. I hate to hear they don't work well for you. I really like them and are the second set of ATIIIs I've had. Just this last month I've had them on wet, slick rock off road and ice/snow on road and traction has been awesome. Even in 2WD I have a hard time breaking a tire free, although I think that has something to do with the Bronco's excellent stability control. I also had them at 23PSI which plays a huge part in traction.

I think mine ride better after being aired down off road and really flexed a lot. They are a very heavy, stiff tire and need worked. I really don't worry about the psi if I'm driving below 55mph. I often times have them 25-28psi based on whatever I've been doing and don't want to air them up just to air them down later.

I also only drive trucks, so I'm probably used to a harsher ride and have become accustomed to a light rearend that gets loose in 2WD, rear wheel drive. Compared to the trucks I drive, the Bronco is well planted and is as stable as my FJ was, even in such a short wheelbase.

When these tires wear out, I will probably go to a different brand due to wanting a 37X11.50 size, but would be happy to stick with Toyo if they make the size I want.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2B079451-199F-434E-88D5-79827430D97A.jpeg

These are what I’d like to run as long as they wouldn’t feel like bricks. Anyone got ideas or experience with these?

Something to keep in mind is the shorter the sidewall, the stiffer the tire, regardless of weight rating. That size is going to be stiffer than say a 285/75/17 due to almost 1 inch shorter sidewall, regardless of weight rating. There is just less sidewall to flex and absorb the bumps. So if you start with a shorter sidewall, and then get it in E rating, you should expect a harsher ride. It just depends on what you consider too harsh, as that is very subjective and why you get so many different answers about E rated tires.

In my experience though, most complaints about E tires come from over inflation. Tire shops love to fill an E tire at 65psi for some reason and then that's what people think they need. Run them at the correct pressure for the correct application and they are usually fine. Usually.

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is no difference in the recommended pressure for load C, D, or E. The difference is you can go to higher pressures in the E for heavier loads. You would still use them at the pressure for your weight, regardless of load rating of the tire.
Yeaaa! somebody said this correctly!

Stop putting 39 pounds in your tires. These Broncos do not weight that much. I run 32/30 with an E rated tire. Hell of a lot better than the C Rated Sasquatch Tire at 39, even 35.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is my tire size and under the description second from bottom it says 10 ply. Just saying it still is as advertised. Most tires online include anywhere from 6 thru 14 ply.
Ford Bronco E Load tires 68670584302__250E76D2-A525-466B-907C-42D18867B151
yep, 10 ply description is for those of us who have heard of bias ply tires ;)

The MT MTZ (made by Cooper tires) uses a 3 ply sidewall where the 3rd ply is oriented at an angle to the other 2. Offers greater protection then orienting all plys in the same direction.
It was one of the reasons I went with the Cooper STMaxx on previous 4x4 and am looking at the Mickey Baja Boss AT for the Bronco.

Ford Bronco E Load tires 1676144207106

Ford Bronco E Load tires 1676144292142

OP
OP
BigRed13

BigRed13

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
^^^ PS hope that helps to make up your mind , also the best milage warranty out there @ 60K^^^

and I swapped wheels , I found the outer banks wheels for a very good price and that is what is on my BigBend , I was always a fan of the OB wheels .
This does help allot. I drive a F-250 daily and dont want it to ride like that for the wife and kids. I know theres a trade off, but a big part of the sell for my wife wanting the Bronco was the hadnling characterisitics of the vehicle. Last one she drove was a badlands, and my gut tells me the tires cant be much different for ride quality from whats on those.

ITLRUN

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I put load range E tires on our build. My thought process was that the stiffer sidewall would be beneficial off road. Thinking that it would provide a stronger puncture resistant sidewall. What I didn't take into consideration was how the stiff sidewall would translate into a much rougher ride both on and off road. I now consider this a mistake.
Sponsored