First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My steelies are finally on their way for my BD and I was curious what people were running for 33's on these things. I am about to pull the trigger on wild peak LT255/80R17 but would prefer to stay away from e load range, does anything in that size exist with a lower load range in a quality tire? This thing really doesn't need that and just looking for input. TIA
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh there are lots of tires in that size that'll work, but to keep it simple I'll just pick one:

BFG KO2 285/70R17 116 is what I'd go for.

That is the standard Badlands tire, it's C-rated, and I'm sure with people dropping the Sasquatch package to get scheduled you can probably find some decently priced take-offs online without too much trouble.

In my opinion, it's the best tire Ford offers in the Bronco lineup, and it would be a strong consideration for me to purchase even if it wasn't the factory tire.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My steelies are finally on their way for my BD and I was curious what people were running for 33's on these things. I am about to pull the trigger on wild peak LT255/80R17 but would prefer to stay away from e load range, does anything in that size exist with a lower load range in a quality tire? This thing really doesn't need that and just looking for input. TIA
You’re bound to get the BFG crowd chiming in so I’ll skip that recommendation. Have you looked at Toyo, Nitto, and Mickey Thompson?

I was in the same boat as you. No need for a C, D, or E rated tire for some fun on the beach. Not worth sacrificing road comfort.

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm running a set of Badlands take offs with the 33" KO2's. Some folks hate on the KO2's but I don't rock crawl or drive in snow so they suit me and they are quiet. IMHO the 33" tire is the correct tire for the 2 door. The larger tires look best on the 4 door.

OP
OP
chaosrob

chaosrob

Black Diamond
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm running a set of Badlands take offs with the 33" KO2's. Some folks hate on the KO2's but I don't rock crawl or drive in snow so they suit me and they are quiet. IMHO the 33" tire is the correct tire for the 2 door. The larger tires look best on the 4 door.
I agree on the size but not a fan of the K02 at all. I ditched my last set after only 200 miles on them for some Coopers after the first time driving them in the snow. Thank you for the reply

Sponsored

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

To answer your question on the size you want (255, not 285 like the suggestions so far): No. Unfortunately, 33" pizza cutters only come in E-Load for some reason.

OP
OP
chaosrob

chaosrob

Black Diamond
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To answer your question on the size you want (255, not 285 like the suggestions so far): No. Unfortunately, 33" pizza cutters only come in E-Load for some reason.
Thank you

Ziemann

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco 2-Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You're looking at 285/70's as your main option if you want a Load Range C but don't want poor ride quality, weight, and harshness of a Load Range E. BFG KO2's are the most popular tire for a reason in that application.

If you're not getting pizza wheels (great in the snow), then there's nothing wrong with the KO2's as an all around tire. I see people chiming in constantly stating that KO2's are too loud (they must live in the city- you can't hear KO2's over the wind noise of a Bronco at highway speed), or they complain that they suck in the snow (then I look and they are from places like Missouri). I can't help but laugh. I live in one of the snowier places in the country (10-15 feet of snow- heck, we still have a bunch of snow). Our roads are completely snow covered and my vehicles MUST be in 4wd just to get around from December until at least late March, if not April. Here, the KO2's, Toyo AT3's, Falken AT3W's, and Duratrac's are the standard. Here, decent tires aren't a forum novelty, they are a necessity.

You have multiple options in that size in C's without sacrificing ride, handling, and tire noise. It all depends on your needs, where you live, and how you plan to use your Bronco. As previously stated, research BFG, Goodyear, Falken, Nitto, and especially Toyo for your best options.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

absolutely love my wildpeak at3ws. went 285/70/r17. work great on steelies, even better with a slightly wider hoop. really good onroad/rain/snow and even better offroad. i'm pretty much sold that i will continue to buy them as long as i have this thing.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had 255/80/17 E load on mine and they were no more harsh than anything else. If that is really the size you want, I would not be scared to get them.

Sponsored

DalTXBtonco

Big Bend
First Name
Raleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jaguar XFR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I went with 285-70-17 standard load nitto ridge grapplers

DalTXBtonco

Big Bend
First Name
Raleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jaguar XFR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'll know more after I pick it up on Wednesday hopefully

Roadbronc

Big Bend
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Echo, 2014 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In general, I agree with you about the E load tires, but according to Tirerack's weight of 51 lbs., that is not bad for an E in that size. I also think that if & when I want a tire for the off road games, that is my pick for size also. With this tire being lighter than most E's, if it were me, I would go for it. I also noticed the newer Wildpeaks R/T that comes in mostly the same sizes with a slightly more aggressive tread you may want to check out.

OP
OP
chaosrob

chaosrob

Black Diamond
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just decided to go ahead with the K02's for the spring/summer/fall and will run my stockers during the winter time. The weight of the wild peak c rated 285's was insane compared to the BFG and I have not had a good experience with the BFG in snow.

Thanks for all the input!
Sponsored